You Might Be a Keto Dieter if.....

Options

Replies

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    "you by 5+ dozen eggs at your every-other-week farmer's market trip, just to sustain your breakfasts."

Yep... actually gave a serious thought to buying 15 dozen eggs on my last trip. But, decided the 10/cent per dozen savings wasn't worth the risk that the last dozen might not be eaten before they go bad.

I'm not up to 15 quite yet, but I do buy 5+ dozen eggs every other week at my farmer's market, just to sustain breakfasts. :)
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    You've ever taken a shot of melted butter before.

You don't bother with melting it and just eat the butter solid.

Also, you swipe the leftover cream from your friend's/family member's coffee after a breakfast out.

Your pantry's all but empty, but you need a bigger fridge (and/or freezer).
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    ....if in your kitchen ~ handles, buttons on kitchen devices & knobs are becoming increasingly greasy feeling...

To avoid that, I have a bottle of GOOP by the sink. It's not going to last long.

You know you're a ketoer if you lick the bacon fat (or cream...or both) left on the bottom of the plate/bowl like it's chocolate. :mrgreen:
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    ....if in your kitchen ~ handles, buttons on kitchen devices & knobs are becoming increasingly greasy feeling...

To avoid that, I have a bottle of GOOP by the sink. It's not going to last long.

You know you're a ketoer if you lick the bacon fat (or cream...or both) left on the bottom of the plate/bowl like it's chocolate. :mrgreen:

LOL! I do that!

Everybody at church knows I am on a LCHF and when some of us go out to eat after church at a steakhouse, one of the church members cut of a big chunk of fat off her prime rib and plopped it on my plate. I thanked and ate it! And it was sooooo good! Another new member saw this and gave a strange look.... (LOL!) So,

You might be Keto if your friends cut the fat off their steak and give it to you....!

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Blog #13 DittoDan's Milestone's, First's And Good Changes Since Starting the Ketogenic Diet
    LCHF is the *kitten*
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    :D DittoDan I also have had friends pass me the fat off their steaks. I love those friends. <3
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,553 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    ...if you go to Burger King and confuse them by ordering a Double Whopper with cheese and bacon without the bun.

I haven't really eaten out since I started this WOE (dead broke), but I can totally see me doing this!!!! :) Too bad I don't have a BK in town... Sonic or Braum's, though, yeah, I'd totally do this.

I've ordered both Baconators and Son of Baconators sans ketchup and bun. Mmmmm meat cheese and bacon
  • ldmoor
    ldmoor Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm still not able to eat fat that isn't marbled into the meat. It's a sensory thing. I have to make up my fats with stuff I can hide it in, except avocados. I love them raw.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    ...if you go to Burger King and confuse them by ordering a Double Whopper with cheese and bacon without the bun.

I haven't really eaten out since I started this WOE (dead broke), but I can totally see me doing this!!!! :) Too bad I don't have a BK in town... Sonic or Braum's, though, yeah, I'd totally do this.

I've ordered both Baconators and Son of Baconators sans ketchup and bun. Mmmmm meat cheese and bacon

I love those. Hubs got me a TRIPLE baconator the other day. Died and went to heaven. I couldn't finish it. Licked every one of my fingers though. I enjoyed the rest for breakfast the next day.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    ....if you ordered sizzling fajitas and tell them to keep/lose the tortillas, rice & beans.... (did this twice)

I can get bacon-wrapped shrimp fajitas with romaine lettuce for wrapping and unlimited guac and sour cream.

I love the Mexican restaurants around here.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I just did the fajita thing... I had them put on veggies...
  • Aruba08
    Aruba08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    really loving all of these...but in particular eating most you meals off your cutting board and rummaging through my bin for labels...soooooo me
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You know you're a keto dieter if your vegetable drawer in the fridge is full of packets of sliced meat, and cheeses of all kinds - because you know the kids will NEVER look there and it's "all mine damn it".
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    shai74 wrote: »
    You know you're a keto dieter if your vegetable drawer in the fridge is full of packets of sliced meat, and cheeses of all kinds - because you know the kids will NEVER look there and it's "all mine damn it".

We actually have both produce drawers repurposed that one. One is my drawer with the string cheese and baby bels, the other is for my son's lunchbox snacks. A lot of the produce I use is the kind that does worse if it's refrigerated, so it was a waste of space.
  • Dragonwolf
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

We actually have both produce drawers repurposed that one. One is my drawer with the string cheese and baby bels, the other is for my son's lunchbox snacks. A lot of the produce I use is the kind that does worse if it's refrigerated, so it was a waste of space.

We actually pulled those drawers out completely and used the shelves for other things. They've been repurposed to hold aquarium supplies. ;)
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »

We actually pulled those drawers out completely and used the shelves for other things. They've been repurposed to hold aquarium supplies. ;)

I do this. It gives you so much more room in the fridge.

• Dragonwolf
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    Dragonwolf wrote: »

I do this. It gives you so much more room in the fridge.

I know, right?! More room for meat, lettuce, and cheese. :D
  • LunaKate
    LunaKate Posts: 64 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My 4yo son is watching some show on Nick Jr called Peppa Pig. The family of pigs ate dinner with another family of pigs. They were all oinking and noisily slurping spaghetti. The fathers then decided they needed seconds too. It was the stuff of nightmares. Later on in the next episode Daddy pig realizes he cant touch his toes.... he starts exercising by doing push ups but then just lies on the couch watching tv and counting so his family thinks he's doing push ups.

Skip to 2:38 if you dare to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7HgvB5xfRY
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hahaha wow. Great list. Definitely guilty of many of those. Fiance is right there with you on the eggs, @FIT_Goat.
    You might be a keto dieter if...
    You go to a coffee shop and ask for room for heavy whipping cream NO NOT HALF AND HALF, and a spoon to measure it.
    Them: "Any sweetener?"
    Me: "No thanks. I'm on a diet. Please make sure that heavy whipping cream is unsweetened!"

Also...I made this at work the other day. Posted it in another group on here as well:

jwwcp.jpg

-T.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options

I am hoping we are getting close to this point! The deli drawer is PACKED.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    You wake up wondering what you can stuff with cream cheese, lol!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Teneko wrote: »
    Hahaha wow. Great list. Definitely guilty of many of those. Fiance is right there with you on the eggs, @FIT_Goat.
    You might be a keto dieter if...
    You go to a coffee shop and ask for room for heavy whipping cream NO NOT HALF AND HALF, and a spoon to measure it.
    Them: "Any sweetener?"
    Me: "No thanks. I'm on a diet. Please make sure that heavy whipping cream is unsweetened!"

Also...I made this at work the other day. Posted it in another group on here as well:

jwwcp.jpg

-T.

That pic is SO FUNNY!!!! Busted me up... Thanks for posting T!

Dan the Man from Michigan
    LCHF is the XXXX (A funny animated explantion of the Keto WOE)