Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, March 9th - 15th

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
It is late, I had a long day, lol.

My goals for this week are:

1. Proper morning hydration
2. Post to this thread everyday
3. Log my food six days this week (But still be mindful of what I eat on my day off)
4. Get to the YMCA three times
5. Make my 10 thousand steps every day
6. To blog once this week (on another site)
7. Go to bed by 10pm four nights this week

How about you? What are your goals?

Weekly Mini Goal

Weather is a BIT nicer, and the days are a BIT longer, so let's try 15 minutes in sunlight daily again....try and get outside for 15 minutes a day of sunlight this week!

Replies

• Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Good morning Italian and good morning to everyone else

today I woke up feeling amazing. I don't know if its because I am really back on track of eating healthy or what, but my body feels good.

goals this week

1. keep tracking all my food, every day
    2. exercise 30 mins every day
    3. try for 12k in steps 3 days this week
    4. try to get in 3 days of body pump.

and I love the mini goal. I'm going to try and get out today and do a nice walk. because the rest of the week says in the 50s but is going to rain
  • craftscout
    craftscout Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I'm glad you're feeling good this morning, Skittles. :) I didn't wan't to get out of bed because of the dreary rain we are having . . . A great way to start Spring Break, huh? Since I don't have work this week to keep me walking, and I DO have my kids home with me all week, it's going to be hard to get back on track, but my goals for the week are:
    1. 8-10,000 steps every day
    2. strength training 3x this week
    3. get water aerobics at least once this week
    4. stash some blog posts (elsewhere) because it has been hard keeping up since I started working
    5. clean my dining room (which counts as exercise if you THINK it counts as exercise!)

I'm not so sure about the mini goal this week, mostly because I'm not so sure about seeing the sun anytime this week. :p We have a flash flood watch in effect until tomorrow, but the rain should let up later this week, so I will try to get out for some walking or hiking.
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    thanks Crafts I am hoping to stick like this for a while :) also that stinks about the rain, where you at?

well this morning I did body pump and the Elliptical, feeling pretty good.
    1/3 body pump done
    and super close to hitting 12k in steps I'm at 9531, I will get 12 today
  • craftscout
    Options
    Houston. The rain's not too bad - better than snow or sleet! It let up after lunch, so I went ahead and took the dogs out one a time for a quick walk around the block. 17 minutes of sunless outdoorsiness. ;)
  • seasicksquid
    seasicksquid Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Let's do some goals for this week!

1. Go to the gym or bike 10 miles 5 times.
    2. Do not drink any alcohol! None! Zip! Zilch! No matter what my brain or best friend says, we do NOT need rum to have a good time!
    3. Stop forgetting my small water bottle when I go to the gym.
    4. Non-weight loss related, but finally put my clothes away instead of piled on the dresser.

So thankful DST is finally back! I need that sunshine! I always feel so much more motivated when it's actually light when I get home from work, instead of falling asleep at 7.
  • rdmoore85
    rdmoore85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week are:

1. Go to the gym 6 times this week.
    2. Post to this thread everyday
    3. Log my food and exercise every day
    4. Use the stairs more this week at work
    5. Avoid pork and beef for the week

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    Good morning all, i'm up early so I made a smoothie for breakfast, I got my fitness boxing class and I don't know if I want to do zumba or I want to so the aqua zumba tone. I also didn't make it to 12k in steps yesterday because I went to the movies with my husband and had date night. but today I want to reach 12k

so what is everyones plan for the day?
  • craftscout
    Options
    Morning! :) I'm feeling kind of proud of myself this morning. Last night, I was almost ready to let myself slide on doing my strength training and getting my steps in. But at 8:30pm, I decided that I wanted to be able to come here and report back that I did it!. :) I did my strength training, I got 9000 steps in (walking the dogs for 20 minutes, and 30 minutes on the treadmill), did some blog posts, and spent some time cleaning my dining table.

And the consequences of my decision? I'm down almost 2 pounds. :D

So, skittles, you ask my plans for today? Today I am totally skipping water aerobics. Yeah, I know, I know. But it's hard to go when I have my kids. But, I'm going to do some more cleaning, some more blogging, 8-10,000 steps, and out to lunch and a movie with my mom and my kids.
  • seasicksquid
    Options
    Got my SO to go to the gym with me last night!! So proud of him! He has (much) less to lose than me, but it's good to know we're both trying to get healthy. We got a good 45 minutes of cardio in with some strength training too!

If the weather clears up today I plan on going for a bike ride, otherwise it'll be back to the gym. Thinking about doing some swimming to mix things up.

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What a last few crazy days I have had! My adopted daughters wayward sister contacted me Sunday evening asking for help because her and her boyfriend are living in some gross seedy motel and had not eaten in days. So, I gathered up a a few bags of groceries from my place and found a ride to bring them out to her. Then I came back home and posted on facebook and was able to get a used toaster and a small toaster oven for her. Went to the grocery store after work and bought her a few more bags of stuff and brought that back to her. And in about an hour I am l going out to meet her at an appointment with a place that will give her some vouchers for second hand clothes and household items and hopefully help her find an affordable apartment.

After that, I really need to get my taxes done.....things once again, are not looking great for getting to the gym. I am, however, getting my steps in, and have been eating fairly well. I just cannot find the time to exercise consistently there just are not enough hours in the day! It will happen though, I will not give up! What I really need is a clone....or a 40 hour, 10 day week with no need for sleep!! UGH

So those, sadly, are my plans for the day!

Hope everyone else is having a good day!!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    well guys I went to fitness boxing and zumba, I'm also sore lol. I also tracked all my food and I'm so close to my 12k steps so I'm doing do something to hit that 12k lol

@crafts did you get to do your cleaning, and get you 8-10k in steps today?

@seas thats great you got him to go to the gym with you, I wish I could get my husband to go with me. its like pulling teeth with him to do anything. he is 350lbs and I want us both to be healthy, I do pack his lunch and make dinner so i know what he is eating, but I know he snacks at work. so its hard getting him to be healthy

@Italian I'm sorry for the busy days you have been having. an idea is if you can't get a work out in, maybe do 10 mins at a time different times of the day. this may help.
  • craftscout
    Options
    Yay, Skittles!!

I did a smudge of cleaning, more instructing my kids how to clean. But that got me upstairs. ;) I did, however, rock it in the steps department. Got on the treadmill tonight, set it to my "I could walk forever" speed, and just went.

Got 12,717 for the day. It's been a looooooong time since my FitBit has done the happy dance on my wrist for hitting 10,000 steps, and it felt so good tonight.
  • matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey all I'm late to the party, but I'm here. Which is better than I have been lately. So here are my goals for the week.

Eat under my calorie goal 5x this week.
    Post to this thread every day. It helped me stay on track when I did.
    Workout 3 x this week (1 done allready)

That's it for this week. Need to start small and get back into losing.
  • craftscout
    Options
    Okay, we're going to try to attack that bit of cleaning again today! And get my strength training in, and my 8-10,000 steps.

And . . . mumble, mumble gopickuptheGirlScoutcookiesIorderedfromanotherCouncil mumble, mumble.

Wait, what? Oh, nothing to see, move along, move along. :)
  • rdmoore85
    Options
    Well, I fell asleep last night before I could finish logging my food for the day yesterday, but got it done this morning. It was my day off from exercise and apparently I needed the rest. I've been doing decent on food but only get to pick what they have available for me a work. I'm ready for the 19th to get here so that I'll have full control of my food options again. Hope everyone has a good day.
  • seasicksquid
    Options
    Didn't make it to the gym yesterday, silly take-home work. Also didn't get a chance to cook thanks to said take-home work. There's just not enough hours in the day to do everything when you work 60 hours a week and like to sleep 8-9 hours a day, which I find very frustrating. My health is just as important as this silly work!

Tonight I'll make it to the gym, though. It's Zumba night, and hopefully this instructor is a little less intense than the class I went to last week. Ouch.
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    Afternoon amazing people, I been on cloud 9 for the past few days and I really think it has to do with me eating right again and exerting, my mind and body feel amazing. and thank you all for being here and helping me get back off my butt and get active again.

@craft don't eat the girl scout cookies not matter how amazing they are because they are lol but if you do decide to have some, just make sure you track them.

@Mat your going to get back at it, we all fall off some times, but look you are making the choice to get back in it.

@rd I know for me when I have a day off from exercise I have to keep telling my self that I need it, so its great that you notice you needed the day off. as for work why can't you pick what you can eat?

• craftscout
    Options
    Skittles, my philosophy is "calories in, calories out". If I put the calories in my body, I need to be prepared to work them out. :) it helps me be moderate with my treats. I don't want to prepare myself for a life devoid of sweets, just a life where I know what those sweets cost me.

I think I remember rd saying that he worked on a ship, which didn't allow him full control of his meals. I'm glad to hear you'll be able to have more options soon. :)
  • rdmoore85
    Options
    Craft, I think I like your philosophy on sweets, but I don't have enough willpower to risk the temptation at the moment. Last order of cookies I placed I donated to the troops to avoid the extra calories.

Skittles, I do work on a ship and our meals are planned by the catering crew. They try to have "healthy choices" but they aren't always healthy so I have to watch my portions closely. There is that added exercise challenge of keeping your balance in the gym when the ship is rocking.
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    Craft you philosophy is great and I like Rd don't have the will power now, I have got to the point last year where I could have a sweet or two and just be fine, but it took me a while to get there. and as for today I have an order of making 65 cupcakes and its so hard not trying some of my icing I make and having a cupcake, but I will not. because I know I could have one, but that one turns into a lot more and just makes me want it even more. but I am fine with it for today

and RD I think it would be fun to work on a ship, but then again i guess it would depend what kind, me I would have a blast working one a cruise ship lol but I love to cruise. ( going on one May 29th for my birthday) and turning to do exercise on a ship is sometimes a nice challenge haha.

today I did Zumba and body pump.

1/12k steps
    2/3 body pump
    3/7 at least 30 mins of exercise a day
    3/7 tracking all my food