Spring into Action for March!

Options

Replies

• OldWomanRuns
    OldWomanRuns Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Feeling pretty good about moving all my creaky parts this week. I can never figure out why wogging in the afternoon after work is never as easy nor feels as good as when I can get in an early morning wog. Is it because I sit all day? Is it the high heels I wear? Or, am I just tired?

What a great place to walk Snooozie!

Seehe - what kind of dog class are you enjoying? Miss having a dog to take to class. I was the trainer for our kennel club for many years and miss doing that. Someday I hope to have a new pup to take. Not sure if I would ever want to step back into training others or the conformation ring.
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    complete NSV - walked right past the garbage (baked goods in the store)...cupcakes and donuts... thanks snoozie for being in my head..lol:) definitely a IPOM moment...Carol
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Yay!! for the NSV...that will beome a scale victory, Carol!!
    OWR's Love the wogging...it took me a minute, though to figure out what it was...lol I 'm slow that way sometimes...
    Seehe- sorry for all the sinus aches...no fun.
    Snoozie- Woohoo! to getting halfway to your "move yer parts"
    Suzy- I feel you on the " like to be at the weight for a day or two before updating my ticker...to make sure it wasn't a fluke." I try to do that too, because with all the water weight I acquire during the day, I never know...if it's real. But

I am doing excellent towards my cutting back on added sugar...I used to do well throughout the day and then have a glass or two of sweet tea and then maybe one or two glasses of milk before finally giving up and going to bed.....not to mention various sweets that call my name....
    but for the so far month of March...I am only having water.... IPOM!!

Goal 1 accomplished!
    Goal 2 Exercise...getting in 30 - 60 minutes.....doing it!!

..a bit busy, getting ready for our work trip to Dallas /Mckinney,Texas for a few days next week. I hope the weather holds out...don't want any flying time in icy conditions...

Enjoy this warm weather some of us are having...cause you know we will have more cold...
    Gail
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    SBHappy- sorry I didn’t scroll up enough to see your post..
    I usually eat back most, but not on purpose, I just love to eat ,so If I see available numbers…… lately I have been trying to count my exercise, where I can see it, but only put in 1 calorie for the burn…so it doesn’t add ,unless I forget… and then weekends I will add them for the extra support… It will take a bit for your body to adjust, as Snoozie said previously… You will get there! Don’t give up!!
    Gail
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies....thank you all for the extra special welcome and for your suggestions/guidance!! :)

I have been here reading all your posts you are all doing wonderful this week!!
    I will get to the point where I can comment on each and everyone of your posts

Carol - that is an awesome NSV!!! Yay!!! :smiley:

Gail - thank you! I will not give up....I Will get there! Its just going to take a whole lot more patience this time around.

The sun is out here today! Hoping it will melt the mounds of snow we still have
    I sure wish it would stick around (The Sun!) so nice to see sunshine!!
    Enjoy your day!!! Be good to yourselves :)

• seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Way to go Carol on the NSV!!!!! thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Gail- that is AWESOME about your success with cutting back on sugar and substituting water!!!! Not an easy thing to do, so hats off to you hats-off-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif

OWR - I used to do agility classes with one of my dogs . I was told she is champion material, but problem is I'm not, so thought I'd try tri ball class with her (I think that's what irs called) . It's meant for hearding dogs which Dophie is. You train them to continually push a ball as fast as they can to and through the goal posts, like soccer for dogs kind of lol. It's harder than it sounds to train them, that's for sure! But I've only gone to one class so we will see just how good Sophie gets once she understands the word push lol cute-dog-smiley-emoticon.gif

Hope everyone has a thrilling Thursday !!!
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Check my exercise note on my page. ...lol. .

Go Team Go! B)
  • milove1029
    milove1029 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies this was a good week, I did a lot of moving and I really feel like I am springing into action especially with the feeling of spring here.

Snoozie I guess I am not Oprah rich either, after my fresh flowers wilted, I now have lovely artificial green and white carnations that my 5 yr old grandson gave to me after attending the St Patrick day parade. "here grandma this is for you cause I know you love flowers"

OWR great job in planning ahead of time with healthy snacks, good for you.

Snoozie great information to help those not to get discourage, I was just telling my husband today why the scale might not be moving.

Carol Great idea about the dog class hope that worked out. I also hoped that you enjoyed your sister yesterday. Congrats on setting your exercising 3 times next week.

My daughter placed an app for me on my phone for counting my steps and we will see how it goes this week. I will continue as plan 1) Moving more 2) Control eating. 3) Increase water intake.

Everyone have a good week coming!!
  • OldWomanRuns
    Options
    Already part way into the week and feeling like I better kick it into gear. Was able to walk with my pregnant DIL while in North Carolina over the weekend - but, other than that spending 11 hours each way in a car played havoc on my body and shot those days for exercise. Back at it!

Goals for the rest of this week. Log faithfully!! I get behind and then try to log it all at once and feel like I do forget things now and then. Only messing with myself!

Get outside and get moving. Yes, it is supposed to snow Thursday - but, get out there anyway!
  • milove1029
    Options
    Good Morning everyone it is mid week and I am stepping more so the app is working. I came home from work and was still short my steps so I walked to the store and back. I am moving, moving moving. lol

OWR I agree about the logging I also am trying to do it daily, I use to when I was stone cold trying to lose weight so it does help.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Morning!

Finished a very long set of midnights Monday morning, and straight into the dentist chair for a couple of hours of "big ow" work; as a result sleep schedule is still messed up, moving my parts is a little behind and food choices rather limited for a day or two yet, but am feeling much more human today so will be springing back into action!

Today is my weekly weigh day; down a few ounces but not worth changing my weight ticker, specially as I suspect some of it is due to the 48 hr dental diet ha!!

I did not make my 750 cals burned from intentional exercise goal for last week; I was about 120 cals short, but I was happy that I still got my movements in; have been doing some daily stretches and working on flexibility and balance as well which are not big calorie burners but is helping with some stiffness here and there so will see if I notice a difference at all by the end of the month challenge. Will keep my same goal of 750 cals burned by exercise and moving every day for a min of 30 min, even tho im a little behind for this week im gonna give it my all to accomplish it!

Milove: I suspect artificial flowers from your g/k far outweigh any fresh ones!! So glad you are enjoying the new app and kudos to you on your goals and "springing into action"!!! Isn't it funny how we will add steps (or any movement) when we KNOW we are short ? Great idea on walking to the store to pump up the goal, well done you!

OWR: welcome back!! 11 hrs in the car... I don't think i'd be able to get out of it!! Kudos on getting out for the walks with your DIL; and we're ack to cold and sched snow here as well for the next week.. grrrr! I just keep reminding myself spring WILL come eventually - maybe I can take out my frustration on the treadmill LOL!
    -
    Gail - are you on the work road trip this week???? Huge kudos to you on such awesome progress on cutting out the sugars; im super impressed!! hope the weather was okay for the trip!

Hope everyone is doing okay and looking forward to hearing how week 2 of our spring into action challenge is going for all! Better get my movement in this morning as taking my senior friend for chores and dr appts this aft.. and since I've been up since 3am, know if I don't do it now, I'm likely to go back to bed instead LOL! :o
  • OldWomanRuns
    Options
    I don't know how you do it Snooozie! I think it is awesome that you get any movement in at all working midnights... That would mess me up something awful! So, You Go Girl -- any movement during those times and especially after a dental invasion! Keep doing what you are doing and stretching and balance is something we all should work on!

I am fiddling with my FitBit to figure out how to manage the "activity minutes" versus tracking "exercise" and what that difference might be. I'm technologically inept!

Cannot wait for more of the Spring to get into more action!
  • milove1029
    Options
    Sorry to hear Snoozie about spending time at the dentist (ow) and still a very good congrats on not gaining any lbs.
    You are so right Snoozie about the flowers (priceless).

I agree with OWR about how awesome it is for you to still get your exercise going and working nights, I worked nights for years I know how difficult it is with the body always feeling off kilter.

I jumped right in and I did not introduce myself I am Gwen and its nice to meet you OWR, I copied Snoozie's shortcut. lol

• Snooozie
    edited March 2015
    Options
    OWR - I dunno why but I get this mental image of you hunched over your little fitbit pushing buttons, shaking it, and demanding it work !! (oh wait.. that's how I do it LOL)!!
    - hope you've figured out the activity vs exercise; I don't have one but I wonder if it's kinda like MFP where the cals we expend duing everyday, normal activity (work, shopping, cleaning etc) are already accounted for in required calories for the day, but intentional exercise isn't?? I think T2 had a fitbit which bit the dust during an unfortunate period of incarceration in the washing machine.... she might be able to help when she gets back?
    -
    Milove- I don't know if I mentioned it, but I LOVE your pic!! I totally think it rocks.. and I might just copy it for my phone screen saver! Got my yoga in this morning; good thing as I fell asleep on the couch after dinner LOL! hopefully tonight will get completely turned around and can "spring" into some additional "NEPA" movements too!! :D
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    IPOM. ..

Made it to the gym yesterday. ....which is great for me. ....luckily day light savings is here. .I hate driving in the dark. My eyes aren't what they used to be.

Zumba is on my plan for tomorrow unless the weather sucks. Calling for snow and winter weather the first day of spring o:)B)

Talk to you later

Carol :D
  • OldWomanRuns
    Options
    Snooozie, you must have seen me wogging around our fairgrounds, saying naughty things to my fitbit and stopping, poking at it again trying to figure this all out! A very correct image of my time spent with the iPad, iPhone or fitbit..... grrrrrrrr. Nothing makes me feel more my age than dealing with technology. I Will Persevere and Conquer - well, probably not that forcefully, but I sure hope to get this. I am surrounded my Techies in the family - they help me all the while shaking their heads. But move on I shall!

Milove -- so much better than having to type out that moniker - OWR fits me perfectly! And I found your picture and printed it out and put it on my desk! Love it!

Why is it in January and February when the snow is flying and the temps are subzero we can move our bodies? But, in March when the air should be soft and clear and much warmer, I feel depressed and do not want to get it in gear. Must Move More!

Goal -- get at least 3 miles in today. Yesterday that was my goal also, but my daughter called and asked if we could drive into the city and go wedding stuff shopping - of course I would go! And then we hit my fav Mexican on the way home.... We shared a meal.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I so hear ya on the tecchie stuff OWR... I don't have any munchkins around to help but im not shy asking the young uns at work when needed! God bless you tube videos is all I can say... lol I learned a whole lot of wonderful things my smartphone can do for me - and I use SIRI now for just about everything; making reminders for myself, adding stuff to my calendar, launching apps , making grocery lists LOL.. it's like having my own personal assistant now! and sometimes I even get to show the little smart a$$es a thing or two now :D
    -
    I have complete faith you can hit your 3 mile goal today! My plan is still to make my weekly goal of 750 cals burned thru intentional exercise, but im also trying to add in the NEPA stuff more throughout the day - tonight will be the real challenge as after dinner is my worst couch potato time but I am confident I can break that habit if I start trying!
    And thanks for the Mexican tip... naked fajitas on the menu for tonight for me LOL!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Morning Hatters...

Almost at the end of week 3 of our Spring into Action challenge; time really does fly and today is the official first day of actual Spring! Woo hoo! Even if the temps here don't reflect it, I'm going with it LOL!

Got my healing yoga in early as I was up anyway lol..lots of NEPA stuff on the agenda with a ton of housework waiting on me, and planned ahead for dayshift tomorrow by sauteeing a lot of peppers and onion and a few strips of bacon, and making up TWO omelets; one to bring for brekkie to work tomorrow; planning on leftovers from dinner tonight for lunch and at a loss at the moment for dinner LOL.. but its a start on planning ahead!
  • OldWomanRuns
    Options
    Do you log housework and NEPA stuff as exercise? I'm don't, but not sure if I should or not. Maybe since I don't do enough of it? :o I tend to only count when I get my sweat on and then try to not eat all those calories back. Not sure which way to go with that.

However,,,,,,best thing? Spring -- I love Spring! This year seems especially welcome with such a harsh winter. Can't Wait!
  • OldWomanRuns
    Options
    Oh yes, Snooozie I did figure out how to track my exercise on the FitBit - now, I don't want to anymore. I did 3.5 miles in 42 minutes - sweated like a pig - and it only logged 284 calories burned... say what? Not super encouraging.