Your Favorite Weird-ish LC Meal

Options
So, wondering what your favorite LC, non-normal meal is. By that, I mean something you love eating, your go to... that even LC'ers would probably chuckle at. I cant be the only one, right?

To start it off... my weirdest lc meal is: homemade simple tuna salad with two over easy eggs on top. Nom nom.

Replies

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, that is weird, but I think I'll try it. My weirdest was fried radishes, but, its not a favorite meal, it was just a curiosity. Tonight I cooked fried Jicama, like the radishes, just a weird thing but by no means a favorite.

My lastest favorite thing is cream cheese & bacon with

asparagus
    or jalepeno poppers
    or bell peppers,
    or chicken thighs all baked. But I don't think that qualifies as weird.

I'm going to think about it and get back to ya.

Dan the Man from Michigan

• zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I love a can of tuna with a TB of pesto mixed in...sometimes with some chopped HB egg.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I have brunch with my husband as our main meal of the day before he goes to work. Depending on what we have then, I can be left with some strange macros to fill for my other meal. I tend to look in the fridge, record everything that I fancy out of those things in my MFP diary, and then start deleting what won't fit my calories or carbs for the day.

So I quite regularly end up with my evening meal containing any mixture of these, chopped and stirred together in a small bowl.

2 boiled eggs
    crispy crumbled bacon
    smoked salmon
    defrosted peas
    greek yogurt
    sour cream
    chopped camembert cheese or grated other cheese
    butter (chopped into tiny pieces)

Sometimes there may be other items but these are my main ones. It's certainly not something my husband would eat, nor could I serve it to guests.
  • DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Lol @GrannyMayOz‌. Your all in one method is interesting. @DittoDan‌ I am only recently getting into cream cheese. But the jicama... how was that? @zoom2‌ we could definitely relate. Lol
  • zoom2
    Options
    Granny, that sounds awesome, except for the peas (not a fan of peas)!
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hi DarlingNikki2011 tee hee! I like eating out of a bowl with just a fork or spoon ;)

Hi zoom2 I've always loved peas (not tinned!) so it's good to treat myself when I have enough carbs spare.
  • zoom2
    Options
    I'm a weirdo...I don't like several well-liked foods...corn, peas, carrots, but I'll go to town on things like calamari and pickled-herring! :p
  • DittoDan
    Options
    Lol @GrannyMayOz‌. Your all in one method is interesting. @DittoDan‌ I am only recently getting into cream cheese. But the jicama... how was that? @zoom2‌ we could definitely relate. Lol

I wasn't a huge fan of Cream Cheese either. I had actually bought some early on my Keto diet, and I had it so long in the fridge that it got moldy. :s Now, mixing it with bacon, I doubt it will ever go bad again. I'll probably panic if I get low.... (LOL!)

The Jicama looked promising on paper, it is a very lo-carb veggie. But, the bottom line is, it wasn't that outstanding of a taste (some claim its a replacement for potato french fries ~ NOT!) and because it is dense, after all is said and done, it isn't that lo-carb. It shrunk to about half size. It was so dense, it took a LONG time to fry it, like 15 minutes. It would pop every now and again throwing oil on my stove top. So, after all the labor, hassle, mess, etc, I had this small looking ugly veggie that didn't taste that good to me. I cooked it in coconut oil and seasoned with my favorite Lauwry's season salt & pepper. Here is a pic (it was snow white when I tossed into pan, medium heat, 15 min cook time)

xd97wfa5aw30.jpg

If you ask why I browned it so much, because I was constantly "fork testing" is and it never got soft. I did turn down the heat, thinking I take more time to cook it, but 15 minutes is just too long to baby sit that meal. I have better things to do, like ramble on (like I am doing now) LOL!

I hope this helps,

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Jicama is best raw IMO
  • DittoDan
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    Jicama is best raw IMO

hmmmmm... I didn't think of that (LOL!) I was told they were a FF replacement. And I wouldn't eat a normal potato raw, so I figured the same with Jicama. Now I'll have to get some more....

Thank you Kirkor,

• quiltnutty
    quiltnutty Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This isn't that weird but it turned out to be very yummy. It is made with rutabaga instead of hashbrowns.

http://www.247lowcarbdiner.blogspot.com/2014/03/three-cheese-hashbrown-casserole.html
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    zoom2 wrote: »
    I'm a weirdo...I don't like several well-liked foods...corn, peas, carrots, but I'll go to town on things like calamari and pickled-herring! :p

Hey me too! I love pickled herring, especially that chewy salty sour taste/texture with crackers.
    One night recently I had a craving for spicy/creamy something..... mixed hot curry paste into cream cheese. It hit the spot! :p
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Jicama raw peeled ... I put it in salads ....
  • zoom2
    Options
    yturie47 wrote: »

Hey me too! I love pickled herring, especially that chewy salty sour taste/texture with crackers.
    One night recently I had a craving for spicy/creamy something..... mixed hot curry paste into cream cheese. It hit the spot! :p

Ooh, I love curry and cream cheese...I have got to try that! I'll bet it would be amazing on celery and/or with some diced chicken.
  • DarlingNikki2011
    Options
    yturie47 wrote: »

Oh that does sound yummy!!!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is usually coffee (fully loaded) and string cheese or babybels. I also tend to throw anything I have on top of spinach and call it "salad". Last week it was fried eggs and breakfast sausage. It had tomatoes, avocado and other normal salad stuff, too.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My weird meals tend to be weird only because they are extremely large portions of just one food. Plus, my steaks are almost raw. As an example:

This is a 51.4 oz (over 3 lb / 1.46 kg) steak, lightly seared, and consumed alone.
    xufg5s39je6v.jpg

As a note for scale, the fork doesn't go all the way down to the plate and the tines are completely buried in the meat.
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    oh yeah! Now you're cooking....... make mine med rare please, about 8 ounces. :p
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Weird LC meal: It's great for a quick meal or sore throat,etc. 4 Tbs HWC, protein powder, if not flavored: dark cocoa powder. Add sugar free flavored syrup or unsweetened almond milk to thin to desired consistency.
    Any of these are optional: peanut butter, almond butter, cream cheese, cacao nibs
  • DarlingNikki2011
    Options
    @FIT_Goat‌ sweet mother of god, that's a massive piece of meat! Looks tasty though. Lol@JPW1990‌ I totally get that. That's how my tuna thing came about! @tiarew‌ what do you call this concoction? Lol