Confession Corner

Replies

• zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    I log everything now too. But - haha. I used to log all day. Close diary. Eat chips. Lol. No wonder I stopped losing last year. I learned all the "good job"!!! On the newsfeed does NOT negate calories. Damn.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    ec00 wrote: »
    HopeToRun wrote: »
    Ah! Our loving husbands... My husband is very active and does the same. Last night was cake... But Can't blame him completely- it's not like his shoving it down my throat, nor was he here this morning when the remaining piece ended up in my mouth. lol

Nice to know I'm not alone. And you're right, he's not shoving it down my throat. I seem to be weak in the evenings though, and I don't intend to have a snack when he says "I'm going to have some ice cream, want some?" . . . and I hear myself saying yes, when I really should be saying no. Doesn't matter how good I've been all day, my willpower always seems to suck in the evenings.
  • RunRachelleRun
    zacksnana wrote: »
    I log everything now too. But - haha. I used to log all day. Close diary. Eat chips. Lol. No wonder I stopped losing last year. I learned all the "good job"!!! On the newsfeed does NOT negate calories. Damn.

Double damn.
  • jenjim2021
    jenjim2021 Posts: 43 Member
    I have to stop myself from licking the knife after making my son's PB&J. That's high calories in peanut butter! Those licks add up!
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    edited March 2015
    jenjim2021 wrote: »
    I have to stop myself from licking the knife after making my son's PB&J. That's high calories in peanut butter! Those licks add up!

Peanut butter does have a lot of calories, but boy does it sound good right now! Reeses Peanut butter, extra crunchy!! I may have to work that in sometime soon!
  • takeflightwren
    takeflightwren Posts: 16 Member
    BEER, WINE, fermented things are good for our digestive systems. A little can be OK, a little chocolate can be OK - the theme here is LITTLE. I have learned to enjoy the nibbles of chocolate and sips of wine. It is amazing how only 1 oz can satisfy my cravings. I try not to be too hard on myself. If you want a little extra goody - make a deal with yourself to do a little more exercise that day to burn it off - plan ahead and exercise 1st, then enjoy the treat.
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    Loving these confessions! We are only human, I just ate popcorn that my hubby made me even though I was at my daily limit. Hey, what's with these husbands ? Lol. Love them. Still, I could have said no and next time I will because it added almost 200 bloody calories.
    But, this is why we confess here :) if we are don't log it, we are only hurting ourselves. Being completely transparent actually feels so good.
    We are doing this. We already are :wink:
  • leecha2014
    I don't have a confession for this week because I gave it up when I decided to join this group, however I wouldn't log my splenda because I figured it had no calories so no big deal... I don't use it anymore though, Thanks to the accountability that I get from leecha2014 thank you mam ;)

Thanks @angelgreathouse9‌ for the shout out! We are all here together and you already have what it takes to do this. I look forward to hearing about your success! :smile:

• 10alliemarie
    10alliemarie Posts: 66 Member
    Last night I ate half a Papa Johns Pizza. :( I was over 1,000 calories for the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • zacksnana
    Oh pizza is my downfall. Sooo good!!

I buy the 3 meat lean cuisine pizzas - 400 cals - for when i MUST HAVE PIZZA NOW.
  • 10alliemarie
    zacksnana wrote: »
    Oh pizza is my downfall. Sooo good!!

I buy the 3 meat lean cuisine pizzas - 400 cals - for when i MUST HAVE PIZZA NOW.

That is a good idea. I think I'm going to have to start doing that for now until I am better at portion control.
  • leecha2014
    Last night I ate half a Papa Johns Pizza. :( I was over 1,000 calories for the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I could only bring one food with me to a deserted island, it would be pizza.

I hear you.

Lately I have been making a lot of pita pizzas and they have really worked for me.

3z6el9i5i1by.jpg

• zacksnana
    Damn. I had a VERY rare sugar moment last night. Ate some M&M's. I didn't get them logged because i then fell asleep but I'm logging them today and making them fit in today's calories. I will weigh out a close estimate on my food scale. :(
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    edited March 2015
    I went to a wine tasting last Thursday full of good intentions to resist the cheese and crackers. I even took my own crackers with me because I know how many calories they have.

Epic Fail!!!! The cheese became more tempting as the night wore on. And it was weigh in day on Friday.
    I was lucky. I hadn't gained but I hadn't lost either.

I find it hard to resist my two squares of chocolate before bedtime.
    However I always log it.
  • RunRachelleRun
    Chocolate, wine, and cheese . . . too bad there weren't skinny substitutes for these. They're hard to resist at least once in a while.
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    My downfall is fried foods. I can pass sweets up all day long, but something fried in front of me and I am in trouble.
  • 10alliemarie
    My downfall is fried foods. I can pass sweets up all day long, but something fried in front of me and I am in trouble.
    I love fried foods more than sweets too!
  • jenjim2021
    jenjim2021 Posts: 43 Member

It's soooo hard to stop eating when we have a whole pizza. We order from pizza places that do squares or strips. It's so hard to stop taking "one more little square". I'm better off getting a Lean Cuisine or Stouffers french bread so I can't go overboard. I've tested myself and I always fail with a full pizza! :s
  • 10alliemarie
    jenjim2021 wrote: »

It's soooo hard to stop eating when we have a whole pizza. We order from pizza places that do squares or strips. It's so hard to stop taking "one more little square". I'm better off getting a Lean Cuisine or Stouffers french bread so I can't go overboard. I've tested myself and I always fail with a full pizza! :s

I sometimes think the squares are easier to keep eating than the slices. I think I am going to stick to Pita, english muffin, and lean cusine pizzas for a while.
  • zacksnana
    I love fried foods more than sweets too!

Yep. Me too.