• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    My husband last night: "are you licking coconut oil off that spoon??"

• Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    My husband last night: "are you licking coconut oil off that spoon??"

My husband is greatly disturbed when I do that, as well as when I just slice a piece of the stick of butter and pop it into my mouth.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    My usual bulletproof coffee involves a 2:1 ratio of coffee and cocoa, and a 2:1 ratio of butter to coconut oil. Cream makes a lovely addition when I've tried it before. In any event, I'm in for the replies and to perhaps find further inspiration for my BPC's :smile:
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I picked up some Chai Tea and some Irish Breakfast Tea to try in BP Tea this weekend. So excited!!! Can tolerate the coffee, but looking for more choices.
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I love it made with Bengal Spice Tea. Also Hot cinnamon spice tea.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I use flavored coffees, typically Dunkin Donuts chocolate or caramel flavor. Then add 1/4 cup HWC, 1/4 cup almond or usually coconut milk, 1tbsp coconut oil, 1tbsp butter and then add an AF of some sort. For me, the flavored coffee makes all the difference in the bitter flavor of the coffee. I use coupons and can knock an $8 bag of coffee down to $4 or so and that lasts us a couple months. You can print out Dunkin Donut coffee coupons off the internet.

This morning we tried the cinnamon flavor Dunkin Donuts coffee and it is good if cinnamon is a flavor you love. I dont so much but it was ok for me.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    It just am worried because the tea tasted less "substantial" than the coffee. Is this in my head? Or is there a way to "fix" it?
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Experiment to find a full flavored tea, I'd say. I need a bold tea to handle cream, otherwise I'd rather drink it plain.
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I think the Bengal spice is fairly strong flavored. I can drink just about anything and the coffee we drink is very weak. I have to remind myself to beef it up when company comes. Maybe this is why the tea works for me too.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I may try it with the spiced tea. I like the coffee but I have to change things up once in awhile.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Bullet proof vanilla chai tea is yummy. Just made it this morning. I'm not sure about the caffeine yet but at least there is a good chance my house will get cleaned today.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    itcphotog wrote: »
    Aren't there coffee fat bombs somewhere? Maybe that will get you going. I know few people who don't like Coffee and it bugles my mind... I'm a coffee addict, is there a 7 step program for that?

There's a fat bomb for everything these days. Someone posted jalapeno popper fat bombs on reddit last week. Most likely, any of the ones that call for cocoa powder could have it replaced or do a half and half mix with freeze dried coffee instead.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I have some leftover coffee frozen...I'm considering tossing it in the blender with some cream, but haven't decided if I want to sweeten it at all...
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Sugarbeat wrote: »
    Bullet proof vanilla chai tea is yummy. Just made it this morning. I'm not sure about the caffeine yet but at least there is a good chance my house will get cleaned today.

I have generally liked Chai Tea, but I bough some Twinings French Vanilla Chai Tea (it was the only decent Chai I could find), and it had the weirdest taste and aftertaste to it. I had tried it plain, but not BP yet. I made some up yesterday, and it smelled so ... missing something, having too much something ... that I didn't even make it BP. I didn't drink it. It's in a bottle in the fridge. Might go back to just adding cinnamon to my Irish Breakfast Tea (which I positively love!). That FV Chai was almost undrinkable when I first tried it... And I can doctor almost anything. **le sigh**
  • RATSMITH69
    RATSMITH69 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I can't do artificial sweeteners and I'm very new to this WOE so I don't want to "cheat" with honey so I've been on a search for something to do with "bulletproof".

During my fat fast I did chicken broth with ghee and coconut oil - YUMMY - someone on here said it was like the creamy chicken mix in ramen noodles (I don't/wouldn't eat those things so I'll take her word for it!). Its creamy and salty and just yummy.

I have also recently found Guayaki Yarba Mate Organic Mate Chocolatte tea. It is slightly sweet and vaguely chocolaty. I added ghee and HWC and it is pretty good. Sweet enough to satisfy that craving but no sugar added. Love it and at only one carb per bag I can do two a day.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I love it made with Bengal Spice Tea. Also Hot cinnamon spice tea.

I have a Licorice Spice tea that handles cream really well. I bet it'd be good bulletproof!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    itcphotog wrote: »
    Aren't there coffee fat bombs somewhere? Maybe that will get you going. I know few people who don't like Coffee and it bugles my mind... I'm a coffee addict, is there a 7 step program for that?

There's a fat bomb for everything these days. Someone posted jalapeno popper fat bombs on reddit last week. Most likely, any of the ones that call for cocoa powder could have it replaced or do a half and half mix with freeze dried coffee instead.

Probably. Cake rolls (namely, pumpkin rolls) are a thing in my family (we could make a business out of it, if bakeries weren't so unlikely to be profitable), and one of the recipes my mom came up with is chocolate coffee. The recipe for the cream cheese filling is pretty much the same as the recipe for cream cheese clouds (though the sugar in the cake roll filling makes it less dense, but whatever). She altered the original pumpkin roll filling and cake and added half a box of pudding mix, plus a tablespoon of cocoa powder for the chocolate, and something like 3 tablespoons of instant coffee (in the cake, the pumpkin gets replaced by sour cream, yogurt, or whipped cream, but the rest is the same). It is even more crack than the original pumpkin rolls.

So yeah, cocoa powder, plus instant coffee will work, at least in cream cheese clouds. Might have to toy with the amounts a little, though. I could see adding some instant coffee to @DittoDan‌'s "putting chocolate back together" recipe being a hit.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Alliwan wrote: »
    This morning we tried the cinnamon flavor Dunkin Donuts coffee and it is good if cinnamon is a flavor you love. I dont so much but it was ok for me.

This one?
    http://www.dunkinathome.com/dunkin-coffees/cinnamon-coffee-roll
  • NewBeginningBren
    NewBeginningBren Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I thought BP coffee was just coffee and butter? Ps how much butter in a cup?
    Yes I'm a newb. :)
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Depends on you. I like a half tbs of coconut oil, a tbs of unsalted butter, some hwc or half and half, flavored syrups or a spice or two. I also make it differently depending on the day of the week. "lighter" on Mondays and weds, denser on Tuesdays and denser still on Thursdays. Helps me get through those long college hours.