Weekly Post 15/03 - 21/03/15

Options

Replies

• jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Finishing up fast day #1. Had a taco salad I made the other day for dinner. Didn't follow the recipe exactly so I had to guess. I put a lot of letuce in it so I think I am safe. On to FD #2 tomorrow.

'Night all.
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ended yesterday on 660cals - ate lots of fruit in the afternoon and some rice crackers with my soup in the evening which upped the numbers. Felt tired and out of sorts so went to bed at 9pm as I wasn't in the mood to spend any time with the family. OH was watching footy on TV which is like watching paint dry so further reason to take a long soak in the bath then snuggle up with a good book.

Not feeling great today. Woke up still tired and fractious, think I'll cut back on the carbs to try and shake off the sluggish feeling. This is my lowest ebb since starting on 5:2 8 weeks ago and I'm hoping its just a lull and not the start of something - there's a lot of people off sick from work at the moment with a nasty flu virus.

Hope everyone has a good day. Live this forum I can always find positive vibes no matter how bad I feel. :smile:
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Sending hugs lovie... I'm trying to cut down my carbs and yep i notice that when I cave dvd eat some, it makes me feel like a snake that's had a huge feed and needs to sleep it off...
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Sending hugs lovie... I'm trying to cut down my carbs and yep i notice that when I cave dvd eat some, it makes me feel like a snake that's had a huge feed and needs to sleep it off...
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Thanks hun, not having a good day all round :( . Have decided to work from home tomorrow to get myself some space, felt a little better even making that small decision. ;)
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Had to switch fast day's from yesterday to today. It will be interesting to see what kind of result I get by week's end. I love the flexibility of this diet.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Morning! Feast day.. trying not to go overboard. I really wish I could get another loss over a lb, but it seems to be slowing down. I know any loss is good, just wishful thinking I suppose! =]
  • jknight001
    Options
    Not feeling great today. Woke up still tired and fractious, think I'll cut back on the carbs to try and shake off the sluggish feeling. This is my lowest ebb since starting on 5:2 8 weeks ago and I'm hoping its just a lull and not the start of something - there's a lot of people off sick from work at the moment with a nasty flu virus.

Lately it seems like my fast days are getting harder. I tend to relax my feast days over the weekend, which means lots of carbs. Wondering like you if it is contributing to the FDs getting harder. Going to pull back on the carbs, increase the protein, and see if it helps.

• catchyb
    catchyb Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Happy St Patricks Day everyone! Fast day finished, total between 400 and 600 depending on how many cals were in the homemade carrot cake a friend brought this morning that I couldn't resist sampling.... Funny fasting on St Patricks Day, growing up it was always the day we could eat whatever we'd given up for lent! Think I'll go to bed now, the carrot cake keeps looking at me :) Its only 8pm here!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    (...) Teacup eggs for breakfast today. I'm trying to stay away from my beloved weetbix and boost my protein intake at the same time. Have a fabulous day/night /arvo/evening etc

Ty for posting about trying to up your protein. It made me (very slowly) realize that maybe I'm having too little protein. Due to diet fatigue, relaxing more about kcal intake etc. I've been very snacky and peckish the last months. So today I made dinner like I used to last fall. A colorful salad with spinach, avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, kidney beans and lovely, lovely chicken thighs with crispy skin!

I deffo feel much fuller and satisfied. I've missed more color in my food. So as long as something is within my carb limit, I'll have it (trying to stay below 100 net g).

Sometime before xmas I watched an odd video (I don't agree with everything he says)
    on youtube by a doctor about protein doses. He claims that in order to build muscle you need to eat 30g per serving. I've tried to do this for over 3 months now and lo and behold...I have gained muscle. I've also ramped up my exercise of brisk, hilly walks, so maybe the combination is the positive effect :) My thighs are very less jiggly now. Even when I was skinny they jiggled. But now especially the hamstrings and inner thighs are filled with more muscle, quads bigger too!

Just wanted to tell you guys about it.

@jknight and @iwannabeonthebeach. Re carbs. When I overeat carbs, it's hard to stop, cause even though you get stuffed on them, it only lasts about 1 hour. Then I can eat more! Try experiment on your comfort level. I can have some carbs preferably in the form of vegs and some fruit and they don't trigger more eating. But starting on the snacks is a rocky road for me. Live and learn!

Edit: Oh, btw I think leucine is the amino acid that mostly contribute to muscle synthesis.

• jknight001
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This one is for you @catchyb! Watch out for the Carrot Cake! It can be quite loudly insistent when wants to. :grinning:

bz-panel-03-13-15.jpg
  • lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    sweets and biscuits are my downfall on FD . I have the mind of a six year old.
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    First fast and second swim under my belt o:)
    I agree with everyone else about carbs, they make me hungry and sluggish if without any protein, but I love them so......
  • luvdogz
    luvdogz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new to the group. I joined last week and have been lurking reading over the old posts. You all are a great group and I have learned so much already. Last week was my first week with fasting. So far so good. I have been overweight all of my adult life, within the same 10-15 pounds (I am 75 pounds overweight). I think this way of eating is working for me, as my body is so used to eating the same calories day in and day out for forever. I just found it so restrictive watching my intake every single day, and ended up giving up. Is it weird that I am looking forward to my fast day tomorrow? I find it kind of freeing. I hope this was ok to post here? Have a good day (I'm US based) or night everyone!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Morning! another feast day today, and then fast day tomorrow. I am so tired. I have an almost 9 month old who I believe is teething and didn't want to sleep last night. I am EXHUASTED :(
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Ahh training all week so no group/forum time! Miss u guys! We need a nickname for our group members instead of just "pals" like I think of now haha. Were cool enough to need our own slang :)

Weight wise- I'm coming off that extra special time of the month for us ladies (lol) so extra bloat but under 290 today so I'm happy! Moar fast days, feel Moar better!
  • lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    hi luvdogs and welcome aboard. bburg - the weekend's not so far away, and carby you're doing great!
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    luvdogz wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I am new to the group. I joined last week and have been lurking reading over the old posts. You all are a great group and I have learned so much already. Last week was my first week with fasting. So far so good. I have been overweight all of my adult life, within the same 10-15 pounds (I am 75 pounds overweight). I think this way of eating is working for me, as my body is so used to eating the same calories day in and day out for forever. I just found it so restrictive watching my intake every single day, and ended up giving up. Is it weird that I am looking forward to my fast day tomorrow? I find it kind of freeing. I hope this was ok to post here? Have a good day (I'm US based) or night everyone!

Welcome :D
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Hi @luvdogz :smiley: welcome to the group! I had an unplanned fast day yesterday lol. I had a run in with the evil sister in law (see my whinge) and I decided that I'd do a fast to prove her wrong. Probably not the best of ideas seems as I'm moving atm but hey it's a fast and yayyyyyy i feel waaaaayyyyy better today (Thursday morning here in Aus)
    Have an great fast or feast depending on which day you're up to :smiley:
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Hi @luvdogz :smiley: welcome to the group! I had an unplanned fast day yesterday lol. I had a run in with the evil sister in law (see my whinge) and I decided that I'd do a fast to prove her wrong. Probably not the best of ideas seems as I'm moving atm but hey it's a fast and yayyyyyy i feel waaaaayyyyy better today (Thursday morning here in Aus)
    Have an great fast or feast depending on which day you're up to :smiley:

Good job! You turned her negative energy into something positive! !

I'm fasting tomorrow (Thursday ). It's still Wednesday here