21 Day Fix?

Options

Replies

• moominpoo
    moominpoo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Planning to start this in April- I ordered it today. I had a baby 6.5 months ago and gained 50lb (shamefully!) , I am struggling to lose the last 15lb and seem to have plateaued no matter now much I eat or don't eat- very annoying. I go back to work in 6 weeks and NEED to get back into my old clothes so hopefully this will help at least shift some of it.

30 minutes out of my day doesn't seem too much and I definitely need to do more exercise. I used to be so active before I got pregnant and I have really fallen off the wagon.

Good to read everyone's feedback- will let you know when I start as need some motivation!
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @moominpoo‌ I'll be starting it over again on the 6th. If you think you'll be ready by then, I'll be happy to cheer you on. I've been blogging about my first time through here on MFP, linking to my online blog. (I'd just blog here but for some reason MFP flips my pictures sideways and I got tired of having to fix each and every blog post so just dumping a link was easier.)

You can find my blog here.
  • Krafty131
    Krafty131 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I plan on giving it a shot starting next week.. I ordered everything and joined with a coach.. I've heard good things and from everyone's comments, it is giving me hope that I will overcome my past few months of laziness and weight gain.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @Krafty131‌ I love 3 lbs in the first two weeks. And I'm only doing the modified version so, if you can go high impact, you'll probably see even better results. I'm thrilled though. Lovely the program and that I'm able to keep up in spite of my physical limitations.
  • moominpoo
    Options
    Ah brilliant Satia- I will add you if that's ok! I am also going to be doing the modified versions to start with x
  • clarkjf15
    clarkjf15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't know if Autumn Calabrese came up with the idea of the portion "tupperwear" but I think that was very ingenious. While I have trained hard for decades, doing myfitnesspal finally got me into managing my consumption... I think her exercise routines my be slightly lighter for me but am tempted to order it just for the tupperwear... :-)
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @clarkjf15‌ I have seen some people selling the containers, and only the containers, online. Brand new and still in the shrink wrap, even. Definitely worth looking into.
  • jennifer1497
    jennifer1497 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 of the 21 day fix extreme, the workouts are INTENSE but I love it.
  • poliro22
    poliro22 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have had the 21DF since mid-October, I've started and stopped the program twice already. Both times I've felt amazing and lost a few pounds while following the program correctly. You'd think that would be enough to keep me going with it....!
    I just re-started this past Saturday and I'm determined to stick with it. I could definitely use some friends to keep pushing me, and I'll do the same if anyone would like to add me!!
    My problem has always been portion control so the containers are very helpful for me. I also love the workouts, I know I just have to give 30 minutes and I'm DONE! And Autumn definitely gets you sweating!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @poliro22‌ I am halfway through my third and final week but I plan on doing 21DF again starting 6 April. We may not be synced up as far as the start/stop times but I'm happy to cheer you on.
  • moominpoo
    Options
    Well you can never have enough containers in your life as far as I am concerned :#
  • ana0415
    ana0415 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will complete my first round tomorrow! I am starting again. However, has anyone found that they plateau? I am doing extreme and the workouts are very hard.. but I am afraid that they are too short and my body will get used to them.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @ana0415‌ Do you have both extreme and the original 21DF? I have seen a few people on teambeachbody who are doing both at the same time, doing two of each day's exercises on the same day. I think I saw at least one person who would do one in the morning and the other in the evening. Maybe you could try that, if you feel like you're hitting a wall.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Finished yesterday and took my measurements today. I blogged about my 21 day journey and today I posted my results. http://satia.blogspot.com/2015/03/21-day-fix-results.html
  • moominpoo
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @Satia Such great results and inspiring too!

I just started today but had a few teething problems with the DVDs (all sorted now!)...Also the weights I had weren't heavy enough so went out and got another set today + some resistance bands.

I am not using the portion pots but am following the calorie guide given to me (1289) as I am pretty good with controlling my portion size, and trying to hit macros of 40/30/30 where possible.

Going to start again tomorrow- figured an extra day won't kill me!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @moominpoo Glad you worked out the DVD issues. My set I had a problem with one of the workouts. The company replaced it and, so I wouldn't lose too much momentum, on the day I was supposed to do the one workout (lower body fix), I went ahead and used a lower body workout in my DVD collection. Wasn't quite the same but I made sure I did 30 minutes and I did the abs workout that day as well.
  • rainey4
    rainey4 Posts: 164 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Well I am on Day 1 of the 21 Day Fix (its a restart). At my highest weight ever. Not impressed with my self. Looking forward to staying on track and having some friends to motivate me along the way. I am in Bermuda. Planning for this program will be key.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @rainey4 I started my second round yesterday. I was very impressed with my results the first time around and hope to see similar results. I don't expect to see the same results but if I come close that would be great!
  • delita259
    delita259 Posts: 15
    Options
    i just ordered mine, i cant wait to start!
  • rainey4
    rainey4 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Well had my followup regarding my orthopedic inserts. I have the okay to do DVD workouts, but for the next 2 weeks i have to have a 2 day break between workouts to let my feet rest. I can go for walks in between but thats it.