Anyone knows a keto desert recipe? :(

Options
Astharteea
Astharteea Posts: 105 Member
I really miss chocolate sometimes and I would be fine with whatever sweet desert keto recipe.

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Google "fat bombs." Ruled.me has some good looking ones.
    Also, visit ibreatheimhungry.com. Or mariamindbodyhealth.com/
    They have some yummy looking recipes.

I discovered this one. It's a wee carby, but if you budget it....NOM

2oz cream cheese
    1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
    Liquid splenda to taste
    Unsweetened cocoa powder (1 TBSP or more)

Blend all in a blender. It's like a chocolate cheesecake mousse. The original recipe was supposed to be pretending to be yogurt for breakfast. It had puréed strawberries. Yumolicious. It was more like a dessert so I adapted it.

Hope you find something. :smile:
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Nom. Could sub avocado maybe for the cr cheese too? Maybe not for the strawberry version. Lol
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I second ibreatheimhungry.com. That site has keto desserts going ON.
    One of my favourite lazy desserts = heavy cream + nut butter + cocoa powder + vanilla extract + a couple drops of liquid stevia. Pre-chill a small glass ramekin. Mix ingredients together. Whip with a fork until frothy and delicious. Leave the nut butter out if you can't budget the carbs.
    Nom with a spoon.

Also made some "frosting" with cream cheese + butter + vanilla + liquid stevia. You could probably add a little pure cocoa powder to that, too. Mix with a blender and frost your tongue with the deliciousness.

And finally...not for the faint of heart...
    I made chocolate chai jello. Served with heavy cream.
    This one was fun...I started off with chai tea, almond milk, cocoa powder, and several drops of liquid stevia. Mixed it up with a packet of unsweetened jello and let it set. Once ready for consumption, I cubed up the pieces and put into a tiny container with a tablespoon of heavy cream, and had for a morning snack at work.

-T.
  • Astharteea
    edited March 2015
    Options
    :( I tried and made it without the cocoa butter and it was a disaster !!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    @astharteea What oil did you try? Coconut oil would be my second choice, but it wouldn't taste nearly as good. Here's where you can get Cocoa butter:

Cocoa Butter @ www.bulkapothecary.com

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Do You Like Fatty Beef? Try Corned Beef
    Keto Abbreviations, Acronyms & Terminology Used in LCD & Keto Discussion Groups
    Bacon Wrapped Baked Stuffed Jalepenos
  • Astharteea
    Options
    I did used coconut oil but I thought I had to use cocoa butter also. Anywho,maybe I got confused following your recipe. However, next time I'll have the cocoa butter. Thanks for the link. hz5ubjibyxeq.jpg
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    nill4me wrote: »
    Nom. Could sub avocado maybe for the cr cheese too? Maybe not for the strawberry version. Lol

Maybe. I've done one with avocado instead of the cream. Avocado is a strong flavor. To me anyway. But if you put enough cream and chocolate when adding avocado and cutting cream cheese, maybe. There are recipes around for chocolate pudding or mousse with avocados around though.
  • ant358
    ant358 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Frozen raspberries (80-100g) in a bowl, then add double cream (100-150ml).
    All of 20 seconds to make; break the raspberries up a bit with your spoon as your eating and it turns out like ice cream.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Google "fat bombs." Ruled.me has some good looking ones.
    Also, visit ibreatheimhungry.com. Or mariamindbodyhealth.com/
    They have some yummy looking recipes.

I discovered this one. It's a wee carby, but if you budget it....NOM

2oz cream cheese
    1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
    Liquid splenda to taste
    Unsweetened cocoa powder (1 TBSP or more)

Blend all in a blender. It's like a chocolate cheesecake mousse. The original recipe was supposed to be pretending to be yogurt for breakfast. It had puréed strawberries. Yumolicious. It was more like a dessert so I adapted it.

Hope you find something. :smile:

I do something similar:
    4Tbs of HWC and 10g dark cocoa powder ---whip those two
    Add 30 mL flavored syrup of your choice (salted caramel is good) (optional) OR almond mild to thin it out if needed.
    1 serving cream cheese (optional)
    1 serving peanut butter (optional)
    1 serving cacao nibs (optional)
    chopped berry (optional)
    protein powder (optional)

Mix ingredients well. I use a hand mixer.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    This is the second day in a row that I've wanted to post my daughter's killer recipe for chocolate pudding...but she won't give me the recipe ! She starts with a can of full fat coconut milk, and adds cocoa, some sort of low carb sweetener and a couple of egg yolks. She thickens it a bit on the stove. It is delicious, very high fat and satisfying.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sounds nice. Share the full recipe if you ever get it out of her. :-)
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Wow, she just made some this am, weirdly enough. Here's the recipe ! My daughter made this one up. I don't think she measures, so here goes:

Chocolate Pudding

Separate the coconut cream that rises to the top of the can of coconut milk, and place it aside.

Into a small pot goes the coconut milk, approx 1/4 c cocoa powder, 1/4 c xylitol ( or sweetener of your choice), and some unsweetened chocolate. Heat on medium heat until chocolate is melted, then turn the pot down to low.

Meanwhile, whisk 4 egg yolks with the reserved coconut cream from the can, in a small bowl. ( Save egg whites to make sugar free macaroons to eat with your pudding )

Remove pot from the heat, and whisk small amounts of the egg yolk mixture into the pot, stirring. When all are combined, place back on stove and heat for about 5 minutes, whisking to ensure all is combined and pudding thickens a bit.

Pour into individual serving bowls and place in fridge. Let set until completely cooled.

My fridge smells beautiful right now.

This makes a very dense, very chocolaty dessert. You don't need much to satisfy your chocolate craving. We made this for dessert on Valentine's day, and ate it right after having a very rich Alfredo sauce on noodles made from eggs ( I Breathe I'm hungry recipe, sort of ). I was so full I couldn't eat for a day and a half after that, and I lost weight too !

I think it would be cool to make a macaroon sort of a crust, maybe with a bit of ground almonds, the egg whites and shredded unsweetened coconut and a bit of sweetener, bake it off, then pour the pudding into the pie shell, and top with fresh whipped cream. Chocolate cream pie !
  • mongoosealamode
    mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    1 tbs cream cheese, 1 tbs coconut oil, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/3 packet sweetener. use a fork to mix well. Really good on a sweetened cream cheese pancake http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/cream-cheese-pancakes.html (you could also add a little coco powder to the mix