Options
paultassy
paultassy Posts: 281 Member
Thoughts??? Probably won't be able to use my arms for a while after I do that one.

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I opted to skip CF and go lift today (My box isn’t programing much heavy lifting during the open). Sad thing is this is the only open wod I could complete at RX.
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to the challenge of 15.5, but not necessarily the pain I'm going to feel later :smiley: *Going to do this one scaled (Masters, Male 40-44) just like all the other open events.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm agood rower but not so good at thrusters, I'll scale the weight down to 65 and go at it.
  • paultassy
    Options
    MDLNH wrote: »
    Looking forward to the challenge of 15.5, but not necessarily the pain I'm going to feel later :smiley: *Going to do this one scaled (Masters, Male 40-44) just like all the other open events.

Well best of luck to you!! You'll do great!!
  • paultassy
    Options
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    I'm agood rower but not so good at thrusters, I'll scale the weight down to 65 and go at it.

Sounds like a plan. Go kill it!
  • leahkite
    leahkite Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm excited, I don't mind rowing or thrusters!
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified. The clock can't save me, I'm short (5'1), have no idea how long it'll take me to complete the row and thrusters kill me (just the bar). Did Jackie last night before the announcement and wanted to die before the pull-ups.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    15.5 announcement reaction

CALyKBpWUAA5oNs.jpg
  • paultassy
    Options
    Flab2Fab27 wrote: »
    15.5 announcement reaction

CALyKBpWUAA5oNs.jpg

Hahahaha. Two things I love. TWD and CrossFit
  • bethlivi
    bethlivi Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm sick right now so I skipped our gym's big Open party where everyone goes in multiple heats last night...I'll do it Monday afternoon. I'm literally frightened of this one! I'm a really bad rower. haha...I think I've rowed 5x in my life, and one of them was in last year's Open. I've just gotten unlucky on the days I schedule off tend to be the days we row. Oh well. I can probably power through the thrusters...when we do Fran, I usually speed through those and take forever on the PUs. But I've also never done that many thrusters after destroying my legs in a row. lol

This will be my fourth workout Rx. I couldn't get a MU, so that was the one I had to scale. I loved the HSPU WOD...
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Got 12:02. It was hard!
  • paultassy
    Options
    I got 17:33. Good Lawd. I swear I had a near death experience seeing Jesus' face telling me to come towards the light lol
  • paultassy
    Options
    mspunkyone wrote: »
    Got 12:02. It was hard!

Awesome time. I'm a turtle
  • Aviation21
    Aviation21 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    15.5 kicked my *kitten*... all I got to say!
  • Aviation21
    Aviation21 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    paultassy wrote: »
    I got 17:33. Good Lawd. I swear I had a near death experience seeing Jesus' face telling me to come towards the light lol

You beat me, I was near death!
  • Jordan750
    Options
    11:57. It was brutal! Definitely not going to retest that one!!
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    9:33 RX, was tempted to go again just to see if I could break 9 min with unbroken thrusters but my quads are still telling me no!
  • paultassy
    Options
    alysa521 wrote: »
    9:33 RX, was tempted to go again just to see if I could break 9 min with unbroken thrusters but my quads are still telling me no!

You go with your bad self!!!
  • samanthab19
    samanthab19 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    9:30 scaled for me, kinda want to try rx but have been scaled the whole time. Maybe next year :)
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Doing it tomorrow but need to brag on one of my box mates who is currently 8 in the world for RX females in 15.5. Total badass