• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    8 minutes even btw
  • paultassy
    paultassy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    Doing it tomorrow but need to brag on one of my box mates who is currently 8 in the world for RX females in 15.5. Total badass

#Goals
  • notyouraveragetalia
    notyouraveragetalia Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    13:38RX. This one hit me hard afterwards, I could barely get up. I really effed up the set of nine. I broke 3 times, which is ridiculous. If I did it again, which I won't until its programmed, I would just hold on to that damn bar for the set of 9.
  • ashlando
    ashlando Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    11:56 RX.

This one was certainly tough to strategize as it all goes out the window under fatigue. I definitely went to hard on the row (even though I was holding back some). My average calories per hour were 1250-1450. I made it a point to break up the thrusters in even sets (9-9-9, 7-7-7, 5-5-5, 9) and forced myself to stick with that. I took too much rest between sets of thrusters, but in the moment, I felt like I couldn't hold on. Oh, hindsight!

Not sure I want to redo as my quads are still feeling wonky from Friday.

Nice job, guys!
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I think I'm gonna go in 9s too. I'm going scaled mainly because if I do 95 lbs thrusters it will take me 45 minutes like 14.5 did. First row I'm aiming for a 1:50 or so pace and will probably do that until the rows are a minute or less then just go balls to the wall. I am going to have to make my time there.
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    15.5 was done on Friday w/ a time of 12:59 scaled (65# for thrusters). **Constant pacing on the rower and breaking-down the thrusters into sets was the key for me.
  • bethlivi
    bethlivi Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I did it today...still sick, but had no choice. Please--I beg you--do NOT do this workout when you have a chest and head cold. It is atrocious. For a moment I thought that I might pass out with the bar above my head, and afterwards my ears were so stopped up that everyone talking sounded like the teacher from Charlie Brown. lmao

16:00min Rx. Never again. lol
  • leahkite
    leahkite Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    13:28 scaled, I blew it with the thrusters. I didn't stick to my plan.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    13:03 at 65# thrusters. Shoulders were sore but my engine was what held me back.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    MDLNH wrote: »
    15.5 was done on Friday w/ a time of 12:59 scaled (65# for thrusters). **Constant pacing on the rower and breaking-down the thrusters into sets was the key for me.

Same here. I think I was pretty steady on the rower (1:45-1:50 pace) and did three sets of 9, three sets of 7, 3 sets of 5, then 5 and 4.

• Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    MDLNH wrote: »

Same here. I think I was pretty steady on the rower (1:45-1:50 pace) and did three sets of 9, three sets of 7, 3 sets of 5, then 5 and 4.

Funny, this was my exact same rep scheme for 15.5 Rx'd though it took me about a minute longer. Note to self: don't ever do 15.5 with a fever again.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I definitely want to try it again in a few months when I'm in better shape.