Spring into Action for March!

Options
123457»

Replies

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's interest fading, or time constraints get the better of us and we lag in posting...at least I do...but I need someone to keep something going (even if it is for half a month) or I get LAZY!!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have been here (in spirit) reading but I had lost my "Spring into action" due to injuries and doctor orders to rest / no exercising. I am hoping April will be my month!!! :smile: Slow and steady :wink:
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,444 Member
    Options
    I should have said postings fading for a myriad of reasons Gail LOL... I didn't mean to just specify it was a lack of interest - but absolutely due to time constraints and life in general getting in the way! god knows i'm just as guilty myself in not keeping up the posts; its just that it kinda defeats the purpose of a group challenge/theme if we don't post lol, hence why I wondered if everyone would rather just take the month to work on their goals on their own...

I'm good with either way; will wait for some others to check in and get their vote, but so far its 2 yesses with you and me, T2! :D (not sure if you were voting yay or nay Smileb LOL.. VERY SORRY to hear you were injured; that sucks big time!! Hope you're following the doc's orders and getting better! :D
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well I'm definately guilty of getting lazy about things including posting, but, of course, there is always a price to pay for that ! So yes, I would like an April theme for sure. My personal April theme is no more foolin' around lol.
    My hat is off to all of you who have been staying the course :)
  • OldWomanRuns
    OldWomanRuns Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Something to challenge us to roll on through Spring right into Summer -- before all that humidity and heat hit us square in the face. Wait - wasn't I just complaining about it being too cold?! I'm such a fair weather friend!
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    April 7th is World Health Day so each of us could set a health goal challenge for ourselves weather it be taking vitamins, choosing healthier foods, increasing exercise, doing something to relieve stress and or improve emotional / mental health, etc
  • Snooozie
    edited March 2015
    Options
    okey dokey.... looks like at least a couple of us wanna give it a go; any thoughts on a potential topic/challenge? I was thinking of a couple.. since 80% of weight loss happens in the kitchen and we did moving our parts in March, what about this month focusing on making better food choices... small changes... kinda a back to basics bootcamp with eating for a month? or Maybe something like KISS - keep it simple and sane? or maybe a yum and yuck daily goal; aim for more YUMS from good choices than yucks for bad?

Open to any and all thoughts and ideas ......

wkl8mlso7s71.jpg

or perhaps "We are not fingernails!" hahahaha!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Hmmm I just realized tomorrow is a wed...and wed are my weekly weigh ins. and it just happens to be the start of a new month too... AND its national walking day... and I joined a neighbourhood walking group that has its first walk tomorrow morning.. I think it's a sign to get my *kitten* in gear and get serious about getting to my goal weight.. but i'm not gonna lie I don't wanna hop on that scale tomorrow morning LOL! BUT I will - and like you Susan, think its time for me too to stop fooling around and either decide to put the effort in, or don't. My choice, and time to make it.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Food choices are my downfall..I have my "Spring into Action" going great....now I need to add in healthier chioces...or maybe Portion =control at night...that'as a good one for me..
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Susan... don't know how I missed your post about April 7th and health challenges - sowwy! Gail, I hear ya on the evening hours being a challenge; i'm kinda glad im going back to work on evenings this week for the same reason; evenings and boredom = bad choices for me!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Exactly. Boredom ....My problem, too....Maybe I need to challenge myself to do something besides sit on the couch and channel surf...
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Morning all. I had every intention. Of starting a new thread for April but down to the use of one hand and arm again due to what I assume is another pinch nerve. Using Siri to type this much sorry but if anyone else wants to start one for us please feel free.
  • OldWomanRuns
    OldWomanRuns Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Oh no, Snooozie! Not good! So sorry to hear about folks injuries and not being able to get things done like they want. I'm thinking we over did March? LOL. My "batwing" is howling at me and my thighs are chatting unkindly. But, we shall persevere! Loving the No Fooling Around and KISS. I see April as pretty much the heralding of summer to come and making better choices since my sweat pants and hoodies are probably going to be too hot to wear and those shorts (*sigh*) and tank tops show Way Too Much going on with this wrinkly old body. Let's get out there and make it happen!