Can you go low carb high fat and stay under 1,300 calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jennym93
    Jennym93 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    Jennym93 wrote: »
    Thanks :) I'm getting back into it tomorrow/from now really dropping my carbs back down, I can see the unpleasant effects of carbs on my stomach already, I think eating things like ice cream or even cereals is just going to cause cravings that I can't deal with (explains a lot about my previous eating anyway) as I'm a sugar addict.
    I find deciding what to eat is hard, I don't like eating the same things repeatedly. Which leads to me waiting ages to eat and then binging, it's an unpleasant cycle and a big part of why I'm so overweight.
    Could anyone give me some really basic ideas for meals just as a starting point?
    I've got a pinterest and I pin a fair few meals on there, I'm following a few low carbers too but I'm still kind of stuck.
    I'm aiming for under 100g of carbs a day.

Bacon Wrapped Baked Stuffed Jalepenos
    An Alternative to Batch Cooking
    Cream Cheese, Bacon & Chicken
    Do You Like Fatty Beef? Try Corned Beef
    Almond Joy Wanna Be's (fat bomb recipe)

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Thank you :)
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    The only way I can stay that low is LC and LF - basically 70% of cals from protein
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1450 calories per day but am usually under. You can look at my diary if you wish, though I've hidden the calorie totals at the moment for FIT_Goat's April challenge. I'm strict with my macros at 15g carbs, 123g fat and 70g protein per day. I allow a little leeway in each as long as it fits the calories as well.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think so. I don't often manage it - just the odd day when I am completely in control of my foods eg today's count is 1352 - just over your goal because I was hungry when I woke up (too many carbs last night as hubby was cooking - usually I don't have breakfast as I do 16:8 IF) and had 50g pecans. For lunch, rocket leaves, olives and feta cheese and tinned mackerel in olive oil. For dinner, 2 egg omelette with cheese and a snack of 40g salami (shouldn't really have the salami, but I know I will!).