Leslie Sansone April 2015 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    9/75 I completed 3.5 miles at the park and then came home and completed the 2 Mile Walk This way.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Pinky, I make my walks more about distance then speed. Once the snow has melted here we can take the dogs out and we let them set the pace. At work I get in about 4 miles a day, I am always on the go. My coworkers tease me but it helps to keep moving.

Setting my goal for 150, but hoping to get more once the trails are free of snow and I can get outside.

4/1

1 miles with Leslie today

1 mile total with Leslie

4 miles outside today

4 miles total outside

5 miles total

goal 150 miles

Happy walking!!!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    We're going to have lot's of company this month, so I'm not even going to set a goal. Just do what I can. I also want to work on strength more too.
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    3.5/75 I over did it last month and my legs, feet and knees hurt. I am going to cut back some and go for 75 miles.Happy April Fools Day!

Leslie challenged us all to a 3 Mile walk today in celebrating of The American Heart Association. I completed 3.5 miles this morning.

Sorry, I haven't really been chatty this week, how have you been feeling? any better?
    You are so sweet! I started taking Aleve for my pain and that was a big mistake. It damaged my stomach. I am still having bouts of stomach pain here and there. I guess I am learning that perhaps I am not meant to continue with outdoor power walking. Last summer I was able to get up to 5 MPH. I tried last month to get to 4.5 MPH and my shins, feet and knees have not been the same. Now my goal is to walk a 5K every morning with my son and cut back on the speed and let my body heel. I will still walk with Leslie so I can get my cardio in.

Thank you for asking. :)

Well that's good cutting back a little but either way that's walking very quick at either pace, shins hurt and seem to take so long to heal if they even do.
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    4/2 LS dance party with HIT 40 min or 3 miles followed by LS firm 30 min or 2 miles my first total = 5miles
    4/1 walked about 1/4 mile outside in evening but I was too cold to continue went home.

Total 5.25/50
  • AnnofB
    Options
    April 2, 2 miles of the 4 Mile Super Challenge
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Welcome all you new Members! Glad you are walking with us! :smiley:
  • mimi14fun
    mimi14fun Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    April 1.... 4 fast miles {my favourite}, April 2....4 fast miles, then a 2 mile outdoor walk
  • Lavender038
    Lavender038 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Did 2 miles with walk at home 2 mile super walk.

• corrinetonesitup
    corrinetonesitup Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    4/2: 2 miles from LS U5DWP

Total: 4/40
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    4/2

8 miles with Leslie today

9 mile total with Leslie

4 miles outside today

8 miles total outside

17 miles total

goal 150 miles

Happy walking!!!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    13/75 This mornings walks were 2 Mile Fitness Walk and 2 Mile Heart Healthy.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Well, my total for March was 130.5, but I will have more time after the middle of April to walk because all my heavy grading should be done-Sooo, I am going to try for 140 miles for April. I am not brave enough to go for 150 yet, even with the Vivofit making me move! :laugh:

April Goal-140 miles

4/1-Vivofit Tracked-1.2 miles :grumble:
    4/2-Vivofit Tracked -3.2 miles=4.4 total miles

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • lisalee89
    Options
    I'm in! Been MIA for a very long time. I'm starting out small so my goal for April is to walk 50 miles.
  • corrinetonesitup
    corrinetonesitup Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    4/3: 2 miles from LS U5DWP

Total: 6/40
  • MsShawnieJ
    MsShawnieJ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    4/50. Ultimate Walk Away The Pounds. Sweated a lot!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Wednesday (April 1st) worked 2 + hours winter cleanup in the garden

0 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

120 minutes "other" kinds of exercise, including strength. (today it was in the garden)........
    :flowerforyou:

Pretty soon you going to have to schedule time to be home, lol you are always so busy. Please come and work in my garden I will help you by giving you the rake/shovel/gloves. hahaha

too funny, bgoddess! you made me LOL. :laugh:

• texasgardnr
    Options
    Welcome to our new walkers! So good to have you all join in our monthly challenge group :) .

Oh, Pinky, do take it easy and let your body heal. Have you checked if you might have worn out your shoes? Shoes can break down inside even if they look fairly good on the outside after we put some miles on them, and you put serious miles on yours. The need for new shoes can sometimes sneak up on us. I do hope it is an easy fix like that for you. {{{Hugs}}}.

Ann, you have a good plan in place for this month! Enjoy your company :) .

Mawskittykat , that is a good plan so that you can get some strength training in. Yes, please let us know how you like the kettleball workouts. They look awesome when I watch on you tube, but I know they wouldn't be good for my back either.

We are all walking strong!

• texasgardnr
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thursday (April 2nd) worked 3 + hours winter cleanup in the yard & garden

Friday (April 3rd) 30 minutes A.M. Walking with Debbie Rocker (2 miles)

2 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

180 minutes "other" kinds of exercise, including strength. (today it was in the yard & garden)

April goal: at least 2-3 miles or 30-45 minutes outdoors 5-6 days a week. Or else some other form of exercise including focusing on strength.

So far: 2 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor minutes (in the neighborhood or in a park)

So far: 300 minutes "other" forms of exercise, including strength, spring time yard & garden work.

Walking happy because it is Spring time :flowerforyou:
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    18/75 This mornings walks included 2 Mile Silver Walk, 2 Mile Walk This Way and I Mile In-Home Walk.

Wishing you all a Happy Easter!