Binge Eating Support Group Conversation Thread - 2015

Options
13»

Replies

• ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I want to thank every single person here for all the support you've provided me though this! You have no idea how much y'all mean to me, even if we've never met in real life. I've always known that tracking my calories has been the cause of my guilt and binging, so I deactivated my MyFitnessPal account....but I can still comment on the forums for some reason at the moment even though I don't have access to anything else. I'm assuming once I clear my cookies/delete my internet history, I won't be able to do this anymore, so I just wanted to wish you all the best of luck with this journey and to leave you with a quote.

"In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can."

Y'all rock. Good luck, and God bless!
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Good luck Ryan! Keep up the great work :)
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Aww it will be sad not to see you around but best of luck!! You have definitely helped and inspired many people on here! Keep being awesome!
  • Dennis4766
    Dennis4766 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    God bless you Ryan, I wish you great health!
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Great to see some positivity! Good for you Ryan! I hope the rest of you had a wonderful Easter and got though all the temptation that comes about this time of year. Remember just because its on sale doesn't mean you should buy it!
  • shunt358
    shunt358 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody, I'm so happy to find you all, I have known for a long time there was something very wrong with my eating habits which have got progressively worse in the last year, I can eat a bag full of food amounting to thousands of calories to the point I feel very sick and then feel terrible about it afterwards I seem to be bingeing more and more at the moment as I've got quite a lot of stress in my life at the moment, but that is no excuse, I need to look after my body and my health not just for me but for my family, I'm determined to get this under control, please feel free to add me as I'd love to know you all.
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I just finished Overcoming Binge Eating by Dr. Christoper Fairburn. Very interesting. The program sounds like a lot of work but probably worth it. Has anyone tried the program?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Just going to jump in here. I currently feel so lost. I'm not even sure this is where I belong. Most of my binge behaviors have diminished in recent months, but food is not my only compulsion, it can literally be anything. MFP is one I seem to use as an avoidance technique sometimes, even. I hear the siren song of a food, sometimes I haven't thought of in months - or a food that has spoken to me normally for months. Then, the more I try to avoid that food, the more all-encompassing the obsession becomes. I always rationalize that a reasonable portion is all I'll eat, then I've eaten four times as much. I have tried to banish guilt in general, but I do get quite irritated with myself, but I don't follow the punishment cycle, typically. I just don't know how to get to the underlying problem.

Thanks in general just for listening, reading, and being there in general.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Part of me is throwing a 24/7 tantrum because I don't want to eat certain foods in portion sizes that aren't harmful to my health and weight goals. That part of me is just going to have to kick her heels and cry, because I've finally realized there is no bargaining with this issue. It's truly all or nothing.

I actually tried replacing food with wine or vodka (who doesn't love a good buzz?) but guess what? I drank too much, lost all my inhibitions, and got into the cookies anyway! My poor liver!

So there is no way out for me except to simply not eat those foods. It's not worth it. Maybe years of cognitive behavioral therapy and practice would let me have one cookie or one serving of ice cream or one pitifully small piece of cake and walk away, but guess what? I'd rather not bother! I'd rather just have none at all.

But my inner two year-old still says "This sucks!" and she's right. It does.

Rant off.
  • Mozzie610
    Mozzie610 Posts: 16 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I am mad at myself last night for binging. I haven't been counting calories for very long and I have already binged twice. I feel like I'm gonna be fat forever. I know this mindset makes me binge more so I am trying to get my head straight for today to keep me from binging again. I hope with time this will get easier.
  • samm8911
    samm8911 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say hello. I´ve been a binger most of my life and am just coming to terms with that during the last year and a half or so. I lose it at supper time. Also have trouble with weekends unless I am super diligent. This is something Ive basically gone alone so this is the first time Im saying this in a public forum. I thought it could be helpful to be here two or three times a week. Let´s see how it goes. Thanks for listening. Till next time.
  • sanary12
    sanary12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Just wanted to say that I am a massive binge eater. Like someone else mentioned here, I can basically binge on anything. I have the really messed up mentality of "oh i had one extra biscuit, i guess today is ruined. might as well eat as much crap as possible because tomorrow i'll start healthy eating again" but this happens pretty much everyday :p

I've been on MFP for a few months. Fallen off a few times - but getting back on track is always a step forward. At least I havent given up yet :D Wanting to get more into the 'support' section of the site - maybe this will help me?

Anyways, it's nice to meet you all! We can do this! <3