Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Easter

2»

Replies

• AmyH2323
    AmyH2323 Posts: 46 Member
    Very proud of how I did at Easter. Stayed under calories and Carbs. Feels good
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    It's Tuesday here now. Easter is done and dusted. The kids had chocolate, there were Easter buns and I didn't need any of it. Didn't want any of it and I've been a chocolate fiend. My husband bought 2 bars of my favourite hand made turkish delight chocolate (I LOVE rose water turkish delight) and I asked him to put it away until May. I would normally eat a whole bar (90g) in one sitting.

Easter weekend consisted of garlic and lemon prawns, curried fish, roast chicken, eye fillet steak, spicy minced beef and eggs. I had one small glass of pinot noir and a couple of vodkas. B)
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Sounds delightful! Hard to imagine you're "dieting" with a spread like that!
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    My name is Shai, and it's been quite a while since my last confession ...

My partners daughter (who some of you may recall me mentioning before, the one who hates me) bought me a chocolate bunny. It's the first (only) nice thing she's done in about 12 months. I thanked her and put it in the cupboard, with no intention of going near it, figured my partner would eat it (he's a sugar disposal unit). Sunday and yesterday I obsessed about it. This morning (Tuesday, Easter was over) I ate the whole thing. For breakfast. WTF?

Sometimes I think there's something wrong with me. I didn't even want it. It was like some weird compulsion, or maybe I was hypnotised.
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    A reformed arsonist went to confession. He began, “Bless me Father for I have singed.”

I have a go to YouTube video for whenever I disappoint myself:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H5uWRjFsGc
    Tomorrow is a new day. Let us rejoice and be glad.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    I had a small piece of sugary cake, everything else was low carb. I didn't count but I tried to make good choices. It helped that I did the cooking and was able to make low carb options.
  • Sajyana
    I think that any improvement upon whatever we were doing in the past is a victory. You guys all rock. <3
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    itcphotog wrote: »
    Are you seriously going to look at that egg until May?? LOL!! It would have been in s garbage can the moment I saw it :) let us know how that goes, such temptations are going to eat you alive LOL

Yes. I always have spent many days admiring a 'special treat' before I eat it, so waiting until May won't be a problem. Even in my hayday I would admire something like a pack of 4 large cream eggs for a week before eating. In the past though, once I started I could never stop eating until it was all gone. This tiny thing can't weigh 8 grams *and* have 9g carbs and 2 g fat, but it really is tiny.

• wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    I'm quite pleased with myself because there's been a bag of jelly beans and one of spice drops around here for a week and I haven't had a single one! That's quite a feat for me, because I adore jelly beans and usually polish off a bag all by myself during Easter week. It really hasn't been that hard to say 'no' to them. Poison, you know! Had a total of 19 carbs on Easter.
  • Sajyana
    Are you seriously going to look at that egg until May?? LOL!! It would have been in s garbage can the moment I saw it :) let us know how that goes, such temptations are going to eat you alive LOL

Yes. I always have spent many days admiring a 'special treat' before I eat it, so waiting until May won't be a problem. Even in my hayday I would admire something like a pack of 4 large cream eggs for a week before eating. In the past though, once I started I could never stop eating until it was all gone. This tiny thing can't weigh 8 grams *and* have 9g carbs and 2 g fat, but it really is tiny.

So how does it contain 9g of carbs when it only weighs 8g. Something screwy there. The search I showed that it weighs 9g and has 8g carbs. caloriecount.com/calories-cadburys-mini-creme-eggs-i238989 ;)
  • GrannyMayOz
    Yeah, that's what I thought Sajyana. My kitchen scales aren't brilliant with small weights. I just reweighed it and it said 12 grams and then 13 grams total ha ha. It said 8 the other day. I had searched the Cadburys (Australia) site but couldn't find any nutritional info on the baby cream eggs, so went with CalorieKing which says the egg is 13g (so that's correct) with 8.8g carbs and 0.7g protein so that's at least similar to what you found. Poor little thing has been analysed to death while it sits there gathering computer rays and dust >:)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Hi May, I believe most of us are amazed that it can sit there, gathering computer rays and dust, without being consumed, lol! I sit here everyday, watching my hubby and 18 year old son eat their chocolate too. I'm glad that chocolate isn't one of my favorites!
  • GrannyMayOz
    @Karlottap tee hee I guess I'm a weirdo. Cream eggs were one of my absolute favourite things. But I suppose the habit of admiring favourite things for a length of time before I ate them is acting in my favour now. Someone bought me a box of dark chocolates once and it was 3 weeks until I opened it. I just drank it in with my eyes for that length of time, enjoying the anticipation I suppose. Once opened I ate the lot in 2 days.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Sajyana wrote: »

So how does it contain 9g of carbs when it only weighs 8g. Something screwy there. The search I showed that it weighs 9g and has 8g carbs. caloriecount.com/calories-cadburys-mini-creme-eggs-i238989 ;)

I'm glad you said that Sajyana, I was doubting myself...

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Oh May! Not a weirdo at all. It's just the control that I admire! Hope all is well on your side of the world! Things seem to be a mess here in the U.S.!
  • m_puppy
    m_puppy Posts: 246 Member
    I did ok with Easter. I ate the low carb options my SIL prepared. She also made the most adorable sugary Easter treats but I avoided those. Two questions.

1. Since when did Easter become the new Thanksgiving? As in, "how can you not eat this pie? It's Easter!" Uhh... ok. Even if Easter is a feast, that feast always consisted of vegetables, ham and hard boiled eggs in my family. Not "oh here's your candy filled basket, now let's prepare to eat cakes, cookies, special breads, ham, steak, chicken, turkey and pretty much all other foods. Let's also pretend we don't do this many times throughout the year thus convincing ourselves we're missing out if we don't eat all things."
    2. Do people ever try to convince you to cheat? I feel like every time I'm around someone other than my immediate family, they try to convince me to eat differently. Here comes the kicker. At the end of the visit they typically toss in a "you're doing so great with your diet. Such willpower." Why do they think it's up to them to test my willpower? Anyone else experience this?
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    M Puppy, I have a co worker who, when she is trying to lose weight watches (and comments on) what everyone else is eating. She counts the points sometimes and notices every-single-time someone ventures to the junk table. When she isn't trying to lose weight she's trying to convince the rest of us, who try to eat healthy all the time, to eat the garbage she wants to eat but knows she shouldn't. I guess if we all do it, its ok? I think that's what happens at holiday meals. "Eat this so I won't feel as guilty for eating it." Plus, if they encourage you to eat it then there are fewer leftovers.