Making low carb a lifestyle - Replacing carbs?

Options
2»

Replies

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Jennym93 wrote: »
    what to eat with bacon or sausages if I don't fancy eggs and still getting in some vegetables.

Mushrooms are pretty good if you fry them whole (with the stalk broken off) they don't seem to shrink as much when they're whole, so that fills a bit of plate and feels like you're having 'enough' vegetables.

I STILL haven't made that portabello pizza I've been craving. I keep forgetting to buy the mushroom caps.
  • Jennym93
    Jennym93 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank you again everyone :)
    This is all really helpful stuff and I love the website links, so much to chose from now... and I can't decide what to try first!
    I made 'KFC' today, only problem was I had to use corn flour cause I didn't have any alternative, so it was't as low carb as I'd prefer but I'm still under 50g.
    Also my parents might finally have come round to trying LCHF! I think I wore them down with my 'try cutting down on carbs' every time my mum complained about her weight (and my dad actually agreed :open_mouth: )
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Jennym93 wrote: »
    Also my parents might finally have come round to trying LCHF! I think I wore them down with my 'try cutting down on carbs' every time my mum complained about her weight (and my dad actually agreed :open_mouth: )

That's great! I'm trying to get hubby on board by commenting on how unhealthy his food is every time he complains about how fat/sick/bloated/gassy/etc. he is at that moment. It hasn't worked so far. Do nagging and I-told-you-so actually work for anything? :wink:
  • KetoCutie
    KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    When I first started this, Pinterest became my best friend. My low carb board is here: https://www.pinterest.com/melismusing/paleoprimalketo/.

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I'll go through the Launch Pad and make sure all these links are on there.
  • tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »

Yup, yup, and yup! I use small plates most of the time--ones I normally would have used just to put my bread on alongside a huge already-carb-laden meal. Now I use small plates, small bowls, even little souffle cups sometimes. I haven't really felt as though I'm lacking anything by cutting carbs, with the exception of having something yummy with which to scoop up guacamole. For that purpose, I make cheese crisps. :)

ha! that's how i used to feel about pâté! now i just eat it with a spoon.. (:

love guac. on my eggs!

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I was clueless at first so made coconut oil my main carb replacement then over time learned the ropes better but still start the day with about 500 fat cals from coconut oil.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    but still start the day with about 500 fat cals from coconut oil.

Like, drinking it just 'cuz?

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »

Yup, yup, and yup! I use small plates most of the time--ones I normally would have used just to put my bread on alongside a huge already-carb-laden meal. Now I use small plates, small bowls, even little souffle cups sometimes. I haven't really felt as though I'm lacking anything by cutting carbs, with the exception of having something yummy with which to scoop up guacamole. For that purpose, I make cheese crisps. :)

ha! that's how i used to feel about pâté! now i just eat it with a spoon.. (:

love guac. on my eggs!

@tmdalton849 I'm still looking for a good pâté recipe. My fiance loves it, but I've never had or made it. Do you have a good recipe?