Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    So I was browsing Target last night, and I saw they carried Jeni's. Have seen lots of posts in here about it. I'm especially intrigued by the Whiskey & Pecan flavor @Cortelli and others have mentioned a few times before.

But is it really worth $10 a pint??

It's cheaper than the what I paid online for my four pints. If you break the servings down it's around $2.50 per serving which isn't great, but could be worth it for a rare treat every now & again.

If you sign up for their newsletter, they advertise their flash sales, and that's the best time to order it. The sweet potato with torched marshmallows is very good. Everything tastes fresh, even the banana in the banana + honey.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2015/04/07/spotted-on-shelves-472015/

Target is getting dessert sauces Dark Chocolate Raspberry, Salted Chocolate Caramel, & Buttery Cookie Caramel.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    So I was browsing Target last night, and I saw they carried Jeni's. Have seen lots of posts in here about it. I'm especially intrigued by the Whiskey & Pecan flavor @Cortelli and others have mentioned a few times before.

But is it really worth $10 a pint??

I didn't think the whiskey and pecans was worth the price. The brambleberry was worth every cent! I know @Cortelli tends to feel the same way, but the crumble mix ins are just so good, plus the good flavor of the base and berries. I definitely will get that again.

I also really like the goat cheese and cherry, but I REALLY like goat cheese. I've seen other people who just thought it was too weird because it tasted like goat cheese. I would buy it again.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    The husband and I are taking a trip to Jungle Jim's this evening: http://www.junglejims.com/. He wants some gross soda (ranch dressing, sweet corn) and I'm super excited to check out the ice cream. If they don't have Raspberry Cheesecake Talenti, I'm probably going to cry.

Looks like a fantastic place.

It is. I haven't been there in about two years, but they have basically every food and drink you can imagine (including a Starbucks).

We did a quick trip. They don't have any Talenti (not that I saw anyway), but had some Steve's, Jeni's, and Gelato Fiasco flavors. They also had the Yuengling ice cream, but I didn't want to buy a whole quart. I ended up with:
    The Crank & Boom is a Kentukian (?) brand with no nutrition info. I'm excited to try both of these. No calories left in the day, but something to look forward to tomorrow.

I'm still trying to catch up since I was on vacation, but I had to say, you need the Yuengling Black & Tan. Trust me.

What the heck is going on with the posts? They're huge!

I'll definitely try it the next time we go. I was hugely disappointed with the Kentucky one and my husband ate all of the other before I could try it.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    The husband and I are taking a trip to Jungle Jim's this evening: http://www.junglejims.com/. He wants some gross soda (ranch dressing, sweet corn) and I'm super excited to check out the ice cream. If they don't have Raspberry Cheesecake Talenti, I'm probably going to cry.

Looks like a fantastic place.

It is. I haven't been there in about two years, but they have basically every food and drink you can imagine (including a Starbucks).

We did a quick trip. They don't have any Talenti (not that I saw anyway), but had some Steve's, Jeni's, and Gelato Fiasco flavors. They also had the Yuengling ice cream, but I didn't want to buy a whole quart. I ended up with:
    The Crank & Boom is a Kentukian (?) brand with no nutrition info. I'm excited to try both of these. No calories left in the day, but something to look forward to tomorrow.

I'm still trying to catch up since I was on vacation, but I had to say, you need the Yuengling Black & Tan. Trust me.

What the heck is going on with the posts? They're huge!

I'll definitely try it the next time we go. I was hugely disappointed with the Kentucky one and my husband ate all of the other before I could try it.

I meant to say before that you could write the company and ask if they have the nutrition info. Jeni's was pretty quick about sending me the info for the cherries and goat cheese, because it wasn't on the label, and Gelato Fiasco sent me the serving size in grams for a couple of theirs, because it wasn't on the label.
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had the Mario Batali gelato? I bought the Tiramisu and it was amazing. For $5.29 I expected it to be, and it wasn't even a full pint. The actual texture was very soft and sort of fluffy. The mix ins were the best part. I would probably buy it again. Oh yes, and the measurements aren't in g's, so what was kind of annoying.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had the Mario Batali gelato? I bought the Tiramisu and it was amazing. For $5.29 I expected it to be, and it wasn't even a full pint. The actual texture was very soft and sort of fluffy. The mix ins were the best part. I would probably buy it again. Oh yes, and the measurements aren't in g's, so what was kind of annoying.

I've never even seen it. What kind of store did you get it from?
  • dragonmaster69
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

Weis Markets. My Weis store is remodeling and besides screwing up the location of every single product, they've added more/new stuff. It was an an organic frozen section for some reason.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    edited April 2015
    Options

Weis Markets. My Weis store is remodeling and besides screwing up the location of every single product, they've added more/new stuff. It was an an organic frozen section for some reason.

C, you can write to them and ask if they can give you the weight in grams. Gelato Fiasco did it. Also, if you have any left, you would be my favoritest future daughter-in-law if you could bring it to the house for me to try. :wink:
  • dragonmaster69
    edited April 2015
    Options

C, you can write to them and ask if they can give you the weight in grams. Gelato Fiasco did it. Also, if you have any left, you would be my favoritest future daughter-in-law if you could bring it to the house for me to try. :wink:

Bad news: it didn't last 4 days in my freezer. Looks as though there may be a trip to Weis in your future some time? The flavors they had were coffee and chocolate types. No fruity stuff whatsoever, besides sorbets and that type of stuff.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

My local Weis finally had some of the new Talenti flavors but not the Raspberry Cheesecake:(.
  • dragonmaster69
    Options

My local Weis finally had some of the new Talenti flavors but not the Raspberry Cheesecake:(.

Raspberry Cheesecake is one of my favs. Not sure if my Weis sells the new flavors yet, but my Safeway carries Talenti for a bit cheaper (SURPRISE!), and my Safeway has the new flavors, plus they just started carrying Steve's and other nice stuff.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Raspberry Cheesecake is one of my favs. Not sure if my Weis sells the new flavors yet, but my Safeway carries Talenti for a bit cheaper (SURPRISE!), and my Safeway has the new flavors, plus they just started carrying Steve's and other nice stuff.

I just wish they had made the chunks a little smaller. That's not normally something I say but they hurt my teeth in this case.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I just wish they had made the chunks a little smaller. That's not normally something I say but they hurt my teeth in this case.

And I find them too sour. They don't taste like the cheesecakes I'm used to... more the Greek yogurt kind I guess. I was disappointed in that flavor :(

Still don't understand why Shop Rite doesn't carry the Tiramisu one. I'm not going to drive 20 minutes to the closest Giant every time I want some...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Just grabbed my breakfast at work. Saw we (Meijer) reset the ice cream this week. No new Talenti flavors at all even though we took out 2 or 3, but the B&J cores are in!
  • dragonmaster69
    Options

And I find them too sour. They don't taste like the cheesecakes I'm used to... more the Greek yogurt kind I guess. I was disappointed in that flavor :(

Still don't understand why Shop Rite doesn't carry the Tiramisu one. I'm not going to drive 20 minutes to the closest Giant every time I want some...

The cheesecake bits have a lemony flavor. Though the tartness is probably what I like about it. I haven't tried the Talenti Tiramisu yet. I was about to buy it yesterday but In trying to save for a new tattoo. It's a catch 22 at the moment.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

The cheesecake bits have a lemony flavor. Though the tartness is probably what I like about it. I haven't tried the Talenti Tiramisu yet. I was about to buy it yesterday but In trying to save for a new tattoo. It's a catch 22 at the moment.

The Talenti cheesecake tasted a lot more like cheesecake to me than the Breyers version, which honestly didn't taste like much of anything to me.
  • dragonmaster69
    Options
    I've never had any cheesecake flavors from Breyer's. I actually haven't had very much from Breyer's besides basic flavors. I do however want to try the Samoas flavor.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I've never had any cheesecake flavors from Breyer's. I actually haven't had very much from Breyer's besides basic flavors. I do however want to try the Samoas flavor.

I like the Breyer gelatos (I agree, the raspberry cheesecake didn't really taste like cheesecake but I still liked it). I just don't buy them because they are never on sale. Not overly crazy over the regular ones though... the samoas was kinda disappointing to me.
  • dragonmaster69
    Options

I like the Breyer gelatos (I agree, the raspberry cheesecake didn't really taste like cheesecake but I still liked it). I just don't buy them because they are never on sale. Not overly crazy over the regular ones though... the samoas was kinda disappointing to me.

Oh that's right! Breyer's Gelato! I lied, then. I have had a few of those. I currently have the raspberry cheesecake one in my freezer and it tastes a little...artificial. I've also had the strawberry truffle one (the truffle part was A++) and I've had the triple chocolate which has so far been my favorite.