Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    11138555_10205294453295155_560540053170450292_n.jpg?oh=aaff205b64f107aee1b1810340569bc2&oe=55DD874F&__gda__=1436030671_f1cc699f8784ca13e41cd636f5f21691
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I've never had any cheesecake flavors from Breyer's. I actually haven't had very much from Breyer's besides basic flavors. I do however want to try the Samoas flavor.

I like the Breyer gelatos (I agree, the raspberry cheesecake didn't really taste like cheesecake but I still liked it). I just don't buy them because they are never on sale. Not overly crazy over the regular ones though... the samoas was kinda disappointing to me.

Oh that's right! Breyer's Gelato! I lied, then. I have had a few of those. I currently have the raspberry cheesecake one in my freezer and it tastes a little...artificial. I've also had the strawberry truffle one (the truffle part was A++) and I've had the triple chocolate which has so far been my favorite.

I almost bought the Caramel Truffle Gelato the other week, but passed to get the Haagen Dazs Ginger Molasses Cookie instead.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    11138555_10205294453295155_560540053170450292_n.jpg?oh=aaff205b64f107aee1b1810340569bc2&oe=55DD874F&__gda__=1436030671_f1cc699f8784ca13e41cd636f5f21691

:laugh:
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've never had any cheesecake flavors from Breyer's. I actually haven't had very much from Breyer's besides basic flavors. I do however want to try the Samoas flavor.

I like the Breyer gelatos (I agree, the raspberry cheesecake didn't really taste like cheesecake but I still liked it). I just don't buy them because they are never on sale. Not overly crazy over the regular ones though... the samoas was kinda disappointing to me.

Oh that's right! Breyer's Gelato! I lied, then. I have had a few of those. I currently have the raspberry cheesecake one in my freezer and it tastes a little...artificial. I've also had the strawberry truffle one (the truffle part was A++) and I've had the triple chocolate which has so far been my favorite.

I almost bought the Caramel Truffle Gelato the other week, but passed to get the Haagen Dazs Ginger Molasses Cookie instead.

I want to get the caramel or cappuccino flavor next. I have a few coupons for Haagen Dazs which expire in June so I don't want to spend them soon, but wait it out and see if I can get a super deal. I haven't had any of the artisan flavors but I sure want to try.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Not a huge cheesecake fan. I mean, I like cheesecake, but on a dessert menu with lots of competing choices, I'll basically never choose cheesecake.

But I enjoy the Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake. It doesn't wow me, but I don't expect it too. I enjoy it though. And definitely the mix-ins have a lemony-tart flavor. I didn't find them too big.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I want to get the caramel or cappuccino flavor next. I have a few coupons for Haagen Dazs which expire in June so I don't want to spend them soon, but wait it out and see if I can get a super deal. I haven't had any of the artisan flavors but I sure want to try.

The Ginger Molasses Cookie is good & the Spiced Pecan Turtle is pretty good if you like spicy ice creams. It wasn't overly spicy but had a nice surprise when you would bite into a turtle.

I want to try the Oatmeal Cookie & will probably skip the Banana Rum Jam since I'm not a huge fan of banana ice creams.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    So far I'm not super impressed with the new HD. I've tried the Spiced Pecan Turtle, which has been my favorite by far, the Tres Leches and the Chocolate Oat Bar. I don't think I'll get any of them again honestly. The Spiced Pecan Turtle seems like more of a fall flavor so I might be more in the mood for it then.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I found this today. 2gjlv1i53r8b.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    That looks really good. I am continualLy disappointed that I can't get Gelato Fiasco here.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see MFP still hasn't fixed the gigantic picture issue. I have a 32" monitor at home and it is full of the Gelato Fiasco picture.
  • Cortelli
    Options

Will be awaiting your impressions!

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Oh man I'm so behind again. I've been boring/too broke for ice cream for a while. However I found this at the Walmart last week:
    hdtira.jpg
    (Not my picture, I forgot to take one)

It's so good. Or was. Lovely smooth texture. I just finished the last of it and now I'm sad. Haha.
    They also had cappuccino gelato, I think I'm going to try that next.

I keep seeing that and not getting it. Does it have a swirl or anything or is it just a flavored base?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »

:laugh:

+1! :lol:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »

Will be awaiting your impressions!

I really liked it. The oat streusal was great texture. The blueberries swirl and vanilla gelato were yummy. Maybe not as creamy as I would like but I didn't let it melt before I shoveled it in to go set a new deadlift rep pr.(i hope). Might have to count some exercise calories to try the la loos vanilla snowflake goat milk one tonight too.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Not ice cream related, but I picked up some of these at Target today:
    bagged-lemon-burst.jpg

Now I'm not into the whole gluten free thing, though my step-MIL does have celiac's disease, so I do like to try to find things to share at gatherings. But anyhow, I actually got them because they're lemon cookies, and they're soft & chewy. Got them home and immediately tried one. Wow is right. They are really good. Now I want to try all of their other flavors.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Not ice cream related, but I picked up some of these at Target today:
    bagged-lemon-burst.jpg

Now I'm not into the whole gluten free thing, though my step-MIL does have celiac's disease, so I do like to try to find things to share at gatherings. But anyhow, I actually got them because they're lemon cookies, and they're soft & chewy. Got them home and immediately tried one. Wow is right. They are really good. Now I want to try all of their other flavors.

Neva mind. Can't read.
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I went to Weis this morning and got two 14 oz containers of Baskin Robbins for $5. I chose Pralines and Cream (though I wanted to try it at an actual Baskin Robbins) and my boyfriend got Mint Chocolatr Chip. For one 88g serving, it has 220 calories and is entirely worth it. The caramel ribbon was pretty sweet-- and I liked that. The pralines were AMAZING. I love the crunch from it. I'll probably get it in a double scoop when I try Whattayasay Creme Brûlée.

Forgot to add pictures**y694ki2lajn6.jpg
    fe3h3ee8fh3c.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I picked up a few new things today to try. Haagen Dazs Tiramisu gelato, Gelato Fiasco Maine Blueberry Crisp, and Ben & Jerry's Everything but the . . .

Plus got a few old favorites. Now my freezer is back to not having room for meat and vegetables.
  • Cortelli
    Options
    I picked up a few new things today to try. Haagen Dazs Tiramisu gelato, Gelato Fiasco Maine Blueberry Crisp, and Ben & Jerry's Everything but the . . .

Plus got a few old favorites. Now my freezer is back to not having room for meat and vegetables.

Since Mikaela mentioned that the GF Maine Blueberry has oat streussel, very much like Jeni's Brambleberry Crisp, and you've also had the Jeni's - I will be very curious to hear your comparison of the two!