Replies

• kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I think we are having ham and roasted veggies
  • taelor2
    taelor2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    We ended up going out for dinner at Chili's yesterday. I had the grilled chicken salad (430) calories. I did drool over all the yummy looking food, but I knew I had already messed up for the day, so I had to behave myself!
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    taelor2 wrote: »
    Day 4 dinner was stuffed cabbage rolls. Stuffed with brown rice, Turkey, onion, red pepper. I didn't put any red sauce on them. They xame out to 142 calories per roll. We also have sauteed veggies umm!

Sounds great! I'm gonna have to try that. My family is gonna get annoyed with me always making new, healthy things they aren't used to! Lol. They'll get over it!
  • taelor2
    Options
    Brans34 wrote: »
    taelor2 wrote: »
    Day 4 dinner was stuffed cabbage rolls. Stuffed with brown rice, Turkey, onion, red pepper. I didn't put any red sauce on them. They xame out to 142 calories per roll. We also have sauteed veggies umm!

Sounds great! I'm gonna have to try that. My family is gonna get annoyed with me always making new, healthy things they aren't used to! Lol. They'll get over it!

They were really good, my mom and stepdad don't like Turkey so they made some with breed and said it tasted kinda like a Philly cheesesteak without bread. The Turkey tasted good but not like that lol!
  • taelor2
    Options
    Day 6 dinner was baby back ribs with ratatouille and stuffed crescent rolls. Now I would have went WAY over my calories if I had actually had any major meals but I kinda skimped on them to beable to stay under calorie goal today.
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    Last night we had salad with some chicken and stuffed mushrooms.6fbtklr5zsyy.jpg
  • taelor2
    Options
    Tonight's dinner is grilled tilapia and grilled veggies! Light night.
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    I am on a salad kick, loving all the fresh veggies from the farmers market!0njcgwdy0gr2.jpg
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Another round of Mediterranean Rice Noodle salad (rice noodles, grape tomato, lemon, blanched green beans, and fresh basil), but with green pepper instead of green beans, and a small portion of chicken breast coated in white and black pepper.
  • taelor2
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Orange chicken with broccoli and green pepper stir fry. I think we May also have some rice with it!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I have to plan my meals for the week. Yesterday, I cooked chicken in the crock pot and quinoa for the week. This will be used for lunch and some dinners. Tonight, is leftover - Chicken Fajita Salad. Basically, fajitas without a tortilla and only salsa for the dressing. It is around 325 calories.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I made a big pot of vegetable bean soup on Saturday and then spinach fettucini with sauteed veggies in tomato sauce on Sunday. I made enough for several meals for me, hubs, and the grandson. He has a very broad palate for a 21 month old!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    Another round of Mediterranean Rice Noodle salad (rice noodles, grape tomato, lemon, blanched green beans, and fresh basil), but with green pepper instead of green beans, and a small portion of chicken breast coated in white and black pepper.

That sounds delicious! I bet it would be good with blanched asparagus, too!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    jcaper wrote: »
    So, I LOVE Mexican food! That is my diet weakness. I'm always trying to recreate my restaurant favorites. Tonight is shredded beef in corn tortillas, rolled up and baked....like a flauta but not fried. We will have a salad with avocado with it. I want to eat dinner now actually ha ha!

I love flautas but so fattening the regular way. How do you get them to stay together? Do you use any oil?
  • Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Tonight's dinner was a healthy Sole Florentine (adapted using a bit of FF sour cream, and a bit of parmesean, I used 2 bags of fresh spinach sautéed with fresh garlic. It made 4 servings and it was only 303 cals per serving) 4 oz sweet potato, and a cup and a half of grilled balsamic fresh asparagus.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I have had a partial bag of tortilla chips hanging around, so I built a meal around it:
    1 lb ground meat
    three celery stalks
    1 small onion
    a few garlic cloves

(cook those together, then add)

1 pound dried beans, cooked (or two cans of beans)
    1 can Italian diced tomatoes
    1/2 bag frozen corn (or one can)
    chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, oregano, cayenne, and/or other favorite spices

(simmer together until it bubbles)

In a 13 x 9 pan, spread 1/3 of the mixture and top with:

2 oz tortilla chips (or tortillas cut into strips)

Repeat layers again, then spread remaining 1/3 of mixture on top. Top with:

2 oz shredded cheese

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

It's not a usual part of my repertoire, but I hate wasting food.
  • groovigyrl
    groovigyrl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Can you believe....cantaloupe? One cup. I was close to my calorie limit. Oh well. Can't have it all, all the time. Dishes above sound sooooo goood!!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    I have had a partial bag of tortilla chips hanging around, so I built a meal around it:
    1 lb ground meat
    three celery stalks
    1 small onion
    a few garlic cloves

(cook those together, then add)

1 pound dried beans, cooked (or two cans of beans)
    1 can Italian diced tomatoes
    1/2 bag frozen corn (or one can)
    chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, oregano, cayenne, and/or other favorite spices

(simmer together until it bubbles)

In a 13 x 9 pan, spread 1/3 of the mixture and top with:

2 oz tortilla chips (or tortillas cut into strips)

Repeat layers again, then spread remaining 1/3 of mixture on top. Top with:

2 oz shredded cheese

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

It's not a usual part of my repertoire, but I hate wasting food.

Great idea! I also hate to waste food and can build a meal around the strangest or random ingredients. I will be copying you as I also have leftover tortilla chips. Lol
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    Fall off the bone ribs and roasted veggies. I love me roasted veggies!7gl4erbfvnok.jpg
  • taelor2
    Options
    Last night we had cauliflower Alfredo. It was not bad, could use some more flavor incorperated into it some how. Now Tonight for dinner we are having porkchops with squash zucchini carrots and onions, brussels sprouts w/bacon !