Weekly Post - 12th April to 18th April

Options
snaps27
snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
I've missed all you guy and I've only been away for a week :D

First I must comment to the reading of last week...
bburg86 wrote: »
Got an answer today to a question I sent out a few weeks ago ...a question of the <3 ...anyway not the answer I wanted, but I kind of expected it. At least now I have clarity and can move forward. I've been a bit in limbo the last few weeks.

@Flumi_f as may others have said we know how great you are and we are here for you! Don't worry because one day someone truly wonderful will be chasing you!! And thank you for being here for all of us!
So relieved the food temptations of Easter are behind me! Ohmygoodness, the shock of plugging in all that food and seeing the total calories. If it wasn't for MFP I wouldn't have thought it was possible for me to eat that much in one day.

I am with you on this...with the kids on holiday it was just my excuse to eat and eat and eat :*

Oh and Happy belated birthday @flumi_f and jknight001 !

Yeah! @Orlcam! I'm happy to see your post and hope to see more of you!

I'm trying to pick some dates to motivate me in the near-term vs getting stuck in the "eating is more important" mindset lol!
That gives me 5~ weeks before the cruise so counting down will make it more exciting! I think I'll aim for 2 pounds a week so 10 pounds overall.
Anyone else aiming towards any dates to keep motivated?

With Easter holiday out of the way :| ....I will be getting back on track! Thank my lucky stars all the eating I have done has been cancelled out by all the walking and I have managed to maintain (even saw a pound loss this morning) Know idea where that came from.....

So mini goal will be July (35th birthday) I hope to be below 160lbs (currently 169lbs). @Bburg86 sounds like we have similar goals too (I'm also 5ft 3and a little bit...can't forget the little bit ;) )

Hope we all have an excellent fasting week!!

Replies

• cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Having a sneaky b2b fast as work too busy to eat again, its interesting how things change before not having a break and not eating would have been awful but now it gives me more productive time and I always feel like the busyness gives me the opportunity to get a fast done so its a win win
    I hope everyone has got over the temptations of easter and happy fasting :)
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Thanks Snaps! And welcome back!

Sorry I've been a bit MIA. I'm just too wrapped up in my own baggage at the moment.

Never want a week and weekend like this last one ever again!! I have shed so many tears and most of them for no apparent reason. I'm so emotional at the moment and didn't really feel understood by my family. I'm normally the strong and stabil one...guess they aren't used to me being oversensitive. Had a talk with my mom and I think, she now better understands what I'm going through at the moment. Just haven't been in a good place since the end of last year. Instead of getting better, new peaks have been added...ugh!

I have a session next Thursday with a life coach and am hoping together we can get to the route of my emotional rollercoaster and start solving the problem.

Still fasting and hoping to get in two real fasts as well as sticking to less sweets this week.

I wish everyone a good week!
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    Never want a week and weekend like this last one ever again!! I have shed so many tears and most of them for no apparent reason. I'm so emotional at the moment and didn't really feel understood by my family. I'm normally the strong and stabil one...guess they aren't used to me being oversensitive. Had a talk with my mom and I think, she now better understands what I'm going through at the moment. Just haven't been in a good place since the end of last year. Instead of getting better, new peaks have been added...ugh!

I've totally been there - emotional and I don't know why, or I do know but don't want to think about it. We're here for you and I hope you are feeling better! :smiley:

My fast yesterday went well - was a bit over but they served steak at dinner and I didn't want to pass that up :wink: Doing well today with trying not to overeat at lunch, which is when I get really hungry after a fast. Also, I've gotten myself up early 3 days in a row now to work out - I think it's starting to become habit and will become easier.

Hope everyone has a great Monday! :sunglasses:

ETA: I'm down 1.6lbs this week, yay!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Hey @flumi_f I went to a life coach a couple of years ago. It was the best money is ever spent
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - FD#1 for me today and hoping for an easy ride. Meeting at what would be my normal lunch spot so will grab a salad and eat it later this avo, no dinner tonight as I have another meeting, in the local pub but diets cokes all the way as I'm driving :)

@flumi_f You are stronger than you give yourself credit for babe, and we're all here for you so just vent away as much as you need to, nobody on here is going to judge you. <<hugs>>
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Flumi- You will get through this! You are strong!!!

FD#1 for me. MUCH needed. Went to DC this weekend on Saturday and hads lots of coffee and bad food. I really need to get back on track so I premade more meals last night, and I'm getting back on track this week. I have 21 lbs to lose to my goal weight before September, and I WILL do it! I am also starting back with my running this week! I went from Marathoning, to beginner when my daughter was born, but it's okay. I'll get back.
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all! Sorry to hear you had a tough week Flumi, hang in there. If you can get your fast days in while going through some emotional times you must be tough, hang in there!

FD#1 for me too. Didn't do too good over the weekend, Saturday was spent at DD's competition, so it was concession food most of the day. Yesterday worked in the yard for about 4 hours and when the hubs made a beer run he brought home a bottle of wine for me, and of course I couldn't not drink it :) But, didn't see a gain, so that's a win. Bburg - you can totally drop that weight by September - you got this!

Blessings to all!

• flumi_f
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for your kindness!! <3

I almost made it....no tears today and 675 cals. I'm good with that after my weekend.

@maphammonds - I think letting all those tears out and slowly discovering where the real reason for my grief and sadness come from is helping me eat more normally again. Believe me! The last few weeks / months I have been out of control. I've only kept my weight in check this year (gained 1kg) thanks to still trying to stick to my fasts. I usually landed between 500-1000. Today was actually easier, than it has been in a long time.

A bike ride to work through the forest, along the river and the Rhine Fall tomorrow morning will be good for my body and spirit. :)
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Bike ride sounds fun flumi - hope you enjoy it!

Generally Tuesday is a fast day for me, but we're having a party tonight so I'm moving my fast day to tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday! :smiley:
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Helllloooooooooo everyone!!!! Tuesday arvo here and so far I'm up to 249 calories.... Gotta love insanely busy work days.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    My profile pic shows what I rode by this morning.... :)
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    My profile pic shows what I rode by this morning.... :)

Wow @flumi_f how beautiful!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    I know, iwanna! I'm lucky to live where I live and enjoy having all sorts of natural and man made monuments at 'arms' reach.
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hey @flumi_f ... sorry for your troubles. Hope all is well with everyone else. Thanks for the kind words @snaps27. Still about 11 lbs off my lowest, keep getting back in the saddle, but only really achieving 1 good fast a week.

Flumi...post the original pic here if you can, there may be a possible banner lurking in there somewhere. Something tells me I won't be able to get both the mist and skyline in (unless the original is really wide), but we'll see.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Not sure how good the profile pic will come out. The original is at home and not on my phone. The second one is a pic from another angle.

70mldwfiphq3.jpg
    epq5h4cbn2xk.jpg
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Soooo beautiful @flumi_f! It is with scenery that this that I can get clarity. I used to drive to the waterfront when I was young to find some peace. Not much water here in London, but there is a nice bit of water in Hyde Park. In Edmonds, Wa were I'm from, there is a beautiful waterfront...I could sit there for hours watching the ferries going back and forth.

Today's a fast day. Bit of a headache, but I will try to drink some more water, maybe that will help. I hope that the weather continues to get better. I am ready to try to find some real nice places to walk with the kids.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    snaps27 wrote: »
    (...)

Today's a fast day. Bit of a headache, but I will try to drink some more water, maybe that will help. I hope that the weather continues to get better. I am ready to try to find some real nice places to walk with the kids.

@Snaps. Headache on FD can be your brain going through glucose withdrawal:( Especially if it feels like a rolling migraine. This is one of the reasons I decided to take the plunge and go LCHF fulltime. (I still eat carbs, just a lot less than used to).

Try have something salty, like bouillon. It won't reduce the headache, but it helps vs being cold and dizzy.
  • orlcam
    Options
    That should work Flumi...I can see it in there.
  • orlcam
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Couldn't get it perfect, contrasted it to get the sky and water to show a little better, but the building fades out and the bridge is blocked by the logo.

bu7lxhzqorrx.jpg
    Edit, changed layout a little, leaves more room for the images:
    vp8jax7vjc0z.jpg

• RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Banner looks great Flumi! How beautiful!!

FD#1 was good yesterday. All healthy foods, got two walks in yesterday for a total of 50 minutes. Today is a feast day and I've got all whole foods with me today. NO MORE GRAINS! I really hope to see a loss this week.