Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    @dragonmaster69 I kinda want to try that one but I adore the Haagen Dazs version and I'm afraid it won't live up.

@Cortelli I'm curious-- it'd be nice to be able to get that fix for less than $12/pint.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Picked some of this up last night. ben-and-jerrys-heath-bar-crunch-now-toffee-bar-crunch.jpg

It's one of my favorite B&J's flavor's so far. I love toffee and the chunks are delicious.
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    @ILiftHeavyAcrylics I've never had the Haagen Dazs one, but this one is pretty good. Here's a closer picture of the pralines
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Picked some of this up last night. ben-and-jerrys-heath-bar-crunch-now-toffee-bar-crunch.jpg

It's one of my favorite B&J's flavor's so far. I love toffee and the chunks are delicious.

Didn't it used to be coffee heath bar crunch? Did they lose the naming rights?

Anyway, also one of my favorite B&J ones after Cinnamon Buns...

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    @ILiftHeavyAcrylics I've never had the Haagen Dazs one, but this one is pretty good. Here's a closer picture of the pralines

It does look good. You should try the HD version too. It'd be interesting to see how we both think they compare.
  • dragonmaster69
    Options

It does look good. You should try the HD version too. It'd be interesting to see how we both think they compare.

Something tells me the ice cream base is going to be better in the HD version. Maybe HD will taste even better if I use my coupon to buy it.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I decided to end the cleanse with a bang today. I went to a local historical tavern.
    20150415_115636.jpg

I got a "Tilehouse Chicken" which was grilled chicken, cheese, bacon & tomato mayo on a pretzel bun. Served with sweet potato fries.
    20150415_124741.jpg

THEN, because I needed something sweet for the actual cleanse, and let's face it, this place is pretty awesome in all of it's historical glory, I got "Dutch" Apple Cakes, which was like a warm apple fritter with a maple syrup drizzled on it, whipped cream, and a side of ice cream. I chose the Dutch Chocolate, which comes from a local creamery.

20150415_134807.jpg

It was freakin' awesome. All of it. I literally live right down the road from this place and never been there. It's now on my list of "great places to eat".
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Didn't it used to be coffee heath bar crunch? Did they lose the naming rights?

Anyway, also one of my favorite B&J ones after Cinnamon Buns...

They stopped using Heath Bars when they went all non-gmo bc Heath isn't gmo free. It's a little sad that I know this, why do I know so much about ice cream!?! This is my fave BJ flavor btw and the main reason I gained over 50lbs with my last pregnancy :/
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Anyone else on the East Coast hear the gyrocopter that someone flew to the Capital? I was at work & heard what sounded like a helicopter that seemed like it was so close it would crash onto the roof.
  • dragonmaster69
    Options
    Anyone else on the East Coast hear the gyrocopter that someone flew to the Capital? I was at work & heard what sounded like a helicopter that seemed like it was so close it would crash onto the roof.

HAH, now I'm trying to convince myself I heard something. I honestly can't even remember what I had for lunch. :'(
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Don't remember if anyone tried this (I think so):
    20150415_201304_zpskdshlaxo.jpg

It was surprisingly good. Not much olive oil flavor, but I'm not sure I would have super enjoyed it if it did. Super creamy base, lots of almond pieces. I can't really put my finger on why it's so good, but it definitely is. I'm definitely going to have to go back and try some of their other flavors.

ETA: super high in calories though. 310 for a 106g serving.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    20150415_201304_zpskdshlaxo.jpg

It was surprisingly good. Not much olive oil flavor, but I'm not sure I would have super enjoyed it if it did. Super creamy base, lots of almond pieces. I can't really put my finger on why it's so good, but it definitely is. I'm definitely going to have to go back and try some of their other flavors.

ETA: super high in calories though. 310 for a 106g serving.

Yeeeaaaa! McConnell's! And I haven't seen the Olive Oil + Salted Almonds, but that seems to be in the same vein as all these interesting flavors recently like Goat Cheese, and Beets, etc. Glad you liked it. And, yes, the cals can be high with McC, especially when adding almonds (and olive oil!).

For more conventional flavors, I was really impressed with McConnell's Chocolate Covered Strawberries (which is really strawberry in chocolate chip - but same super creamy base). So glad you gave it a go and glad that anything I posted didn't steer you wrong (at least it sounds like I didn't!)

• sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Yep, had it a few weeks ago. It was good but I'll probably venture out and try other flavors next time I'm in the area. They had so many flavors at their shop, I couldn't decide! Love their ice cream and variety.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I just recently joined this group! And I have to say, Ice never had so much ice cream on hand in my life.

My stash so far: qptw902izwv5.jpg

Last night was my first taste of Talenti. And my first taste of gelato since '07 (I was in Paris and had Nutella gelato).

I tried the Peanut Butter first:4iyy5corzmh9.jpg

I put a warmed FiberOne brownie on the bottom of a half serving. SO GOOD!

I can't wait to try the sea salt one. :smiley:

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Spotted the Hagen daz artisan flavors today. Any recommendations? Also the dreyers frozen custard was on the shelves. Tgif!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Spotted the Hagen daz artisan flavors today. Any recommendations? Also the dreyers frozen custard was on the shelves. Tgif!

Well I've only tried two but my favorite by far is the regional one with applewood smoked almonds and caramel... so good, but so many calories.
  • Ninkyou
    Options

The molassas cookie is pretty good.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

The spiced turtle is my favorite so far but honestly I haven't been blown away yet. I tried the caramelized oat and the tres leches and both were just okay. The spiced turtle is pretty good, but still just not a huge wow for me.
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    OMG guys... Ice Cream Burrito
    http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/entertainment/the-scene/Ben-Jerry-Ice-Cream-Burrito-300342231.html

Need. I wish I had a Ben & Jerry's near by :(
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    OMG guys... Ice Cream Burrito
    http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/entertainment/the-scene/Ben-Jerry-Ice-Cream-Burrito-300342231.html

Need. I wish I had a Ben & Jerry's near by :(

I know right? This is making me sad.