Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• jdctrumpet
    jdctrumpet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bbandme wrote: »
    I did 5k!!! I started the programme midFeb I couldn't even run for one minute without stopping and now I have done 5K!! Well, I say run, I jogged it, and not a fast jog, but I don't care, I set myself a goal and I have hit it :smiley:
    I did it in 37:58, I'm soooo chuffed with the time, I don't care that its not that fast, I DID IT!!!

I'm no pro, but I would venture to guess that 37:58 is actually a really great time for a first 5k considering you weren't able to run for 1 minute 2 months ago. Congrats!
  • ChelleBelle2708
    ChelleBelle2708 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Day 1 has been completed... its a beautiful day here in London, so I chose to chuck on my running shorts, vest and sunglasses, and have a little run along the Thames in the sun on my lunch break. I loved ever minute... until i got back to the office, went in changing rooms for a shower, came out and slipped right on my bottom and back. It hurt... alot!!!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,478 Member
    Options
    W7D3 done. Amazing what 8 degrees C less make for a difference. I was quite a bit faster than last time and ran/walked 400m more in same time. Total 7.41km in 1 hour. It felt really easy. I think I could have gone on, but I'm off on a vacation tomorrow and have a lot to prepare still.
  • hbarnesccs
    hbarnesccs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Did W2D2 yesterday. I was giving an Anytime Fitness here a trial go (I hated it, btw.) and did my workout on the treadmill. I was DRENCHED at the end. I even upped the last 90 seconds of running to a faster pace and pushed myself pretty dang hard. Despite the fact that my gym experience was less than desirable, I didn't let that stand between me and my workout.
  • mrsjatty
    mrsjatty Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Have just done W2D2, it's official, I run slower than I walk B) I downloaded some pace music at 118beats/minute, felt great walking that and kept up fine, but my run pace was not matched.... At all... That's ok, I'm so proud of me, I did it, worked on belly breathing, that's hard but can see how it is better. Feeling confidant now that I might be able to make the step up next week. I "could" learn to like this....

• hbarnesccs
    Options
    Have just done W2D2, it's official, I run slower than I walk B) I downloaded some pace music at 118beats/minute, felt great walking that and kept up fine, but my run pace was not matched.... At all... That's ok, I'm so proud of me, I did it, worked on belly breathing, that's hard but can see how it is better. Feeling confidant now that I might be able to make the step up next week. I "could" learn to like this....

It's not about how fast you run, it's just about the fact that you are doing it! You are so much faster than everyone on their couches!
  • traveling12015
    traveling12015 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Week 3, day 3 completed today. Whew, it's been tough but I made it. I'm thinking about repeating week 3 because I had a hard time finishing the second set of the workout. I finished, but it was a push.
  • matillian
    matillian Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    W5D1 last night, it felt great!! B) it started raining at the end of the workout .
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I love popping back in here from time to time to see people's progress. You guys ROCK!

In case you have any doubts about being able to do this, don't even think about it. I could not even run 1 minute when I first started c25k. I just ran my first half marathon last weekend. If I did it, you can too!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I just ran my first half marathon last weekend. If I did it, you can too!
    Congratulations! How was it?

• AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Week 4 day 2 was so much better than w4d1! Loving mine and everyones progress!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I just ran my first half marathon last weekend. If I did it, you can too!
    Congratulations! How was it?

It was incredible! I ran in my hometown with my brother by my side (he runs marathons, but hung with me the whole way.) We finished in 2:12:12, so just over 10 minute mile pace!
  • hbarnesccs
    Options
    Guys -- worst day ever.

I somehow accidentally slid over to W3D3 when I was only supposed to be on W2D3! I fought through 20 minutes of it, but kept thinking, "THIS HAS GOT TO BE LONGER THAN 90 SECONDS!" On top of that, my stomach was getting really upset halfway through. I had to walk the last running set and called it quits early. I don't know how I moved it ahead! But still, i worked out today, and that's what counts.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    hbarnesccs wrote: »
    Guys -- worst day ever.

I somehow accidentally slid over to W3D3 when I was only supposed to be on W2D3! I fought through 20 minutes of it, but kept thinking, "THIS HAS GOT TO BE LONGER THAN 90 SECONDS!" On top of that, my stomach was getting really upset halfway through. I had to walk the last running set and called it quits early. I don't know how I moved it ahead! But still, i worked out today, and that's what counts.

I suspect that's a mistake that you won't make again. Well done on achieving as much as W3D3 as you did, do W3D1 next time out rather than go back, it's about time on feet and running, so just keep progressing. Don't feel pressured in trying to slip an extra workout in to make it up either.Good luck

• ChelleBelle2708
    ChelleBelle2708 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Completed week 4 day 2 yesterday. Having a rest now until Saturday... If I can make myself rest that is.

Also I made a big decision and decided I needed something to focus on, so I've signed up for a half marathon in October!!! Yeah... I'm crazy!!! Really hope I'll be ready for it. My running trainer at work said it's doable. Not told hubs yet... Going to see how I get on with training first!

Oh and lost a kilo in 3 weeks... Happy with that!!
  • smilelaughlove17
    smilelaughlove17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bbandme wrote: »
    I did 5k!!! I started the programme midFeb I couldn't even run for one minute without stopping and now I have done 5K!! Well, I say run, I jogged it, and not a fast jog, but I don't care, I set myself a goal and I have hit it :smiley:
    I did it in 37:58, I'm soooo chuffed with the time, I don't care that its not that fast, I DID IT!!!

That's amazing! I struggled with jogging even 1 minute when I started too. I always protested against running but now I love it. I just completed w7d3 and I am slow but I keep moving and feel accomplished. I am signed up for a 5k in June and am striving for 36mins or less but would be very happy to have the time you completed yours in!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Completed week 4 day 2 yesterday. Having a rest now until Saturday... If I can make myself rest that is.

Also I made a big decision and decided I needed something to focus on, so I've signed up for a half marathon in October!!! Yeah... I'm crazy!!! Really hope I'll be ready for it. My running trainer at work said it's doable. Not told hubs yet... Going to see how I get on with training first!

Definitely doable, just be careful not to do too much and hurt yourself. Finish the c25k, then a 5 to 10k program. Even if you end up having to walk some of the half, you should be able to finish it.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options

Only half crazy :D

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Have just done W2D2, it's official, I run slower than I walk B) I downloaded some pace music at 118beats/minute, felt great walking that and kept up fine, but my run pace was not matched.... At all...

118bpm is very slow for running, a very unnatural gait. Aim to increase your cadence, personally I was about 150bpm during C25K, now generally aiming around 170.

Higher cadence doesn't need to be a higher speed, but it encourages a shorter pace, so places less load on your lower legs.
  • jdctrumpet
    jdctrumpet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just got back in from W5D2. Today was sooooo much easier than W5D1 for some reason. Maybe it was the new running shoes, maybe it was finally finding the perfect cadence (166bpm), or maybe it was the weather. I was just happy that it felt good.