What's for dinner?

Options

Replies

• kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    We ate out tonight, I knew where we were going, what I was having and the calorie count so I managed the rest of my day around it. All in all a great day and a good dinner
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Afura wrote: »
    Another round of Mediterranean Rice Noodle salad (rice noodles, grape tomato, lemon, blanched green beans, and fresh basil), but with green pepper instead of green beans, and a small portion of chicken breast coated in white and black pepper.

That sounds delicious! I bet it would be good with blanched asparagus, too!
    @RaeBeeBaby it is tasty, though the second time I made it I left the noodles in so it was a bit like mush. Any veggie that would play well with lemon would go good in it, since it's such a simple recipe.

Tonight was chicken breast in white pepper, powdered mustard, oregano and pepper with garlic cauliflower with a little cheese, and peas, and unsweetened applesauce with cinnamon. I'd have taken a picture, but I was hungry. :lol:

• Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Last night was fresh Fl grouper broiled and some grilled shrimp with a large garden salad. Sitting outside in the beautiful weather made me indulge in some chilled white wine (bad me) It was soooooo good. Tonight will probably be the same sans the wine. =)
  • taelor2
    taelor2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    We are having roast (rubbed with minced garlic basil, red crushed pepper, salt and pepper and a tsp of oil) also roasted cabbage, green beans, strawberries and grapes, and red parsely potatos! All under 600 cal a higher calories dinner tonight, but still at calorie level.
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    It was a long emotional day so was not in the mood to spend long in the kitchen cooking. I had a smart one frozen meal and made hubby pasta and meatballs.
  • taelor2
    Options
    Tonight will be a treat night! Have homemade japanese food!
  • conetah24
    conetah24 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Last night went out to eat, had a salad no dressing with a ton of peas, cucumbers, baby tomatoes, and an oz of cheese. Also had a 1/2 serving of cottage cheese with some pineapple. The best part of the night was watching my son eat more cucumbers off my plate than fries off of his.
  • MayorGrimby
    MayorGrimby Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'll be babysitting tonight and the kid's mom insist on bringing pizza over. The kid is a really, really picky eater and pizza is the only thing he consistently likes (even though he'll only eat it after all the cheese and sauce have been scraped off. I used to love adding his discarded cheese to my slice.) I don't really want pizza tonight, but I have to make it work. I've had a small breakfast and lunch to prepare, but I am dreading looking at my sodium number later.
  • Mspmpayne
    Options
    n2b00mkuftlf.jpg

Made home made mango avocado salsa for some fresh caught broiled Florida Red Snapper, and sautéed garlic shrimp. Also had a garden salad with goat cheese and Parmesan garlic dressing. It was good!
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    I'll be babysitting tonight and the kid's mom insist on bringing pizza over. The kid is a really, really picky eater and pizza is the only thing he consistently likes (even though he'll only eat it after all the cheese and sauce have been scraped off. I used to love adding his discarded cheese to my slice.) I don't really want pizza tonight, but I have to make it work. I've had a small breakfast and lunch to prepare, but I am dreading looking at my sodium number later.

you will be fine , just drink lots of water to flush it out
  • Afura
    Options
    Hang in there MayorGrimby! Flood the water works!
    Kayjosh I hope tonight was a better night than a frozen dinner (I know how those nights go)

Tonight was chicken in water (because I THOUGHT I had another breast in the fridge) and another lesson in weigh your food. That 10oz can that promised 5 servings of 2oz actually only contained 3 servings of 2oz. Liar liar pants on fire.
    Finished up some leftover cauliflower, peas, some red potatoes (surprise, one in the bottom had gone bad, oh ugggggh), chocolate to curb a craving for worse sweets and a shotglass of knob creek cause adulting is hard.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I made me a couple "Mexican pizzas," while the rest of the fan had pizza hut. I know they're not really Mexican pizzas, but I don't know what else to call them. Low carb tortillas with a few tablespoons of salsa spread around (like pizza sauce), then some low fat mozzarella sprinkled over it, and some turkey pepperoni. Its SOOOO yummy! And only about 175 calories per "pizza." And 2 is plenty to fill me up! Its GREAT when you really want some pizza but not the calories from pizza hut, or the instant weight gain from eating bread!
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    My son is home for the weekend from college so I made ribs, roasted veggies and some loaded mashed potatoes. I think I enjoyed the veggies the best. I also got in all my water plus extra. I bought some beautiful veggies at the farmers market this morning so I really look forward to some great salads this week.
  • taelor2
    Options
    We went out for dinnet last night. I endulged on some bread and by the time I ate my salad I was full so I brought my steak and potato home. So I have some leftovers for lunch today!
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    Tonight was salad night and I did enjoy it. I do need to cook some chicken breast so I have them on hand this week for salads.
  • Afura
    Options
    I went all fancy getting my grass fed 7 bone chuck roast made (then portioned out for the next few days :grin: ), with some peas, onions that cooked with the roast, brown rice, and I'm off to have my frozen banana and peanut butter!
  • taelor2
    Options
    I ended having my leftovers for dinner! It was a very heavy meal and ended up giving some to my husband to finish off!
  • Mspmpayne
    Options
    Homemade eggplant lasagna with mushrooms, some part skim ricotta, fresh garlic. Homemade pasta sauce. Weighed and measured every ingredient and it came in at 350 cal per serving, and it's a pretty good sized piece. I might add a garden salad.
  • taelor2
    Options
    We had a chicken bake with chicken, red potatos, cartots, bell peppers, and green beans. With basil and rosemary for flavor. It came out to 224 cal a serving and was very filling and yummy!
  • lindadprice
    lindadprice Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I had squash cakes for dinner.