Carnivore Day 3

Options
2»

Replies

• tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i am with you too, guys! started a week ago. feeling amazing, and you're right - energy through the roof!
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I start...Tuesday. I have to eat the zucchini & cukes in the fridge first.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I've mostly been trying to do this, though not strictly (I had a piece of celery yesterday and cucumber today), but I'm finding it easier and easier just to forget that veggies are a thing.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    Yes, I suppose that is true..... I haven't felt ill since starting keto, so don't know why I am scared now...

Probably because it's giving up vegetables entirely, unlike regular keto, where you can still eat some vegetables. And yeah, people have it indoctrinated into their heads that we need vegetables. We really don't.

The only vitamin you can get from plants that you can't get from animal sources is Vitamin C (at least not in any great quantity). However, on an all (fresh) meat diet, you don't really need Vitamin C, because one of the primary purposes of Vitamin C is to produce collagen. Meat provides the compounds necessary to make collagen without Vitamin C. Combined with the small amounts of Vitamin C raw or very lightly cooked meat does have, it seems to be sufficient.

I knew that we didn't need vitamin C eating this way, but I hadn't known why...and it hadn't been important enough to me to research why. I'm SO glad to have this information, because this makes so much sense. Thanks!!!!

P.S. I'm looking forward to doing carnivore, too, though it seems like the more I try to shift over, the more sweet-ish cravings I get. And last night, I got a great deal on some berries, so I'm trying to get my guy to eat them up. LOL Might just freeze them for him for eventually... I need to break my AS issue....