Newbie struggling with cravings :( help?!

Options

Replies

• chrispike7
    chrispike7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I find whipping cream mixed with cocoa powder and a couple grams of sucralose helps (chocolate mousse!!), as does 85% dark chocolate!

and add a dash of willpower for good measure!!
  • ABonsu
    ABonsu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If i'm craving sweets I have an Atkins bar
  • rkufeke
    rkufeke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A lot of times if I want something sweet, I'll drink a diet soda (preferably one of the stevia-sweetened varieties), or flavored sparkling water. It almost always works. (I have, however, also discovered an insane amount of willpower that I didn't know I had before!)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    rkufeke wrote: »
    A lot of times if I want something sweet, I'll drink a diet soda (preferably one of the stevia-sweetened varieties), or flavored sparkling water. It almost always works. (I have, however, also discovered an insane amount of willpower that I didn't know I had before!)

Oh, does anyone have a list of which sodas have stevia? I'm sick of aspartame!!! It makes me feel crappy.

Also, I don't think the willpower is new, I think it was just buried under years of carb-poisoning addictions... LOL Get rid of the poisoning, and the cravings subside, allowing our willpower to surface and buoy us!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    rkufeke wrote: »

Oh, does anyone have a list of which sodas have stevia? I'm sick of aspartame!!! It makes me feel crappy.

Also, I don't think the willpower is new, I think it was just buried under years of carb-poisoning addictions... LOL Get rid of the poisoning, and the cravings subside, allowing our willpower to surface and buoy us!

Zevia is the most common and easiest to find brand of stevia soda. There is also some green teas with fruit extracts with stevia that are pretty good. My daughter cant handle much aspartame without getting a really bad headache so we let her drink the stevia ones once in awhile.
  • rkufeke
    rkufeke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yep, Zevia, and I got some Blue Sky Zero soda that is stevia sweetened... Sprouts (a natural grocery chain here) has a good number of options...
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yeah, I have Walmart. No Sprouts closer than about an hour away, and totally not worth an extra trip. I have a Homeland, and a locally owned store. But that's it...

Aspartame gives me headaches and throat burn feeling....
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have Walmart. No Sprouts closer than about an hour away, and totally not worth an extra trip. I have a Homeland, and a locally owned store. But that's it...

You should be able to find them at Whole Foods or Trader Joes or even Kroger/Ralphs (depending on what it is called where you are). Walmart probably not.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Alliwan wrote: »

You should be able to find them at Whole Foods or Trader Joes or even Kroger/Ralphs (depending on what it is called where you are). Walmart probably not.

None of those nearby. Will have to see if I have a couple bucks on Friday when I have my endo appointment to look while in the city...aka Oklahoma City....
  • richieladlad
    richieladlad Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Eat as much fat and protien as you want when you start dont stick to the complete macros until cravings have gone soldier through it and I reckon u wont have any cravings people can eat chocolate and crisps infront of me now and im not bothered if you told me thst a couple of months back I would say ur crazy
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    ^ This! My fiance offered me part of a candy bar and I sniffed it, for curiosity's sake. Even the smell was revolting. I started craving my chocolate-cinnamon fat bombs. :)
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    You don't need willpower if you're satiated with good fats and proteins, low carb veggies. When is your meeting? Be sure to have a good, satisfying breakfast, and a filling lunch. Try having a good snack before your meeting.
  • virgogirlpr
    virgogirlpr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just ate 2 tbs of whipped cream for calm down my cravings. 6th week on keto and today was my first day struggling with sugar craving.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    This was the first day for med too @virgogirlpr, and I'm a Virgo! Weird stuff happens! I managed by drinking a lot of extra water. I realize I figured wrong earlier, too much math on the fly for me! I have completed sixteen 8 ounce glasses of water and have one sitting beside me.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Will probably be up all night, lol! But, I only had 7 total carbs!
  • aleehagen
    aleehagen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Don't look for the joy in the things you cannot have, but look for the joy in the things you can have.
  • spush
    spush Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    aleehagen wrote: »
    Don't look for the joy in the things you cannot have, but look for the joy in the things you can have.

I like that quote. ☺
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    aleehagen wrote: »

^ This!
  • resacross
    resacross Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had 2 Tbs of cream cheese with pecan bits and Stevia... and it wiped out my sugar craving instantly.
    Very satisfied! I have heard that if you are struggling with cravings, you are not taking in enough fat. I upped my fat intake, and wow... the cravings are disappearing!!! Fat... is actually removing my addiction to sugar!
    Also... try FAT BOMBS. I made some and keep in the freezer. I grab a cube when I am tempted to eat sugar.
    https://www.pinterest.com/explore/fat-bombs/