Slow Losers Club

Options

Replies

• pamherring62
    pamherring62 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Buttons61--we'll take those small victories, won't we?
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone;

Pam-Congrats on the 4 inches down. That is great! :)
    Buttons-WooHoo for smaller sizes. :)
    Thanks Roger for all your hard work. I will take a look at the tutorial and see if this technically challenged brain can figure it out. :p
    Hi Vix.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,162 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    Buttons, congrats! Sounds like you're doing great. Yay for smaller jeans, and baggy shirts. :)
  • GSwizzleGary
    GSwizzleGary Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great week. Been a long day but I am staying strong! :)
  • lmorriss302
    lmorriss302 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes, this weight loss mission has been very slow for me, even from the start when others lose 4-5 pounds the first week. It helps me to ignore personally while celebrating others' big monthly losses. Have to keep in mind slow and steady wins the race, stay confident that developing and maintaining good eating and exercise habits are really what it's all about to get and stay healthy.
  • eku0
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You're right LM....getting and staying healthy is what it's all about. :)
    Gary, good for you...stay strong. Busy day here too. I'm so tired. Glad I'm done for the day. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all, hope you're enjoying this beautiful day. :)
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning all.
    Amanda, you can feel good knowing you are doing this. I'm sure you must feel so much better than when you started. You are doing great. :)

Thanks for the encouragement! Someone else on another thread said just about the same thing. I don't even remember which thread that was. I am really getting lost with the NS group and the MFP groups. But since 2006 when I started yes there is a huge difference in how I feel. I can at least get out of bed on my own now and do not have to use a ski rope hook up thing I used in the past to help pull me out of bed. I can use to canes or a walker and walk to my van and go somewhere. I can even ride a tricycle and get out to a game of Michigan Rummy on Wednesday. However I have had my ups and downs as much as 70 pounds since 2006 and came back in June2014. Since June despite the 40 pound loss I do not feel any different. Health wise I am sure that 40 pounds down was good but I just don't see it in clothing or feel it in mt every day activities. I am sure a huge factor into this is the disability I have not related to the weight. But I keep trucking alone and will not give up!
    z55387af06aeb6.gif
    16077007.png

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! It is nice to hear we all have the same problem! It feels like I am not losing, but I am in those perimeters of 1-2 lbs. a week,(mostly 1!) I do stop and plateau at the same places I had stayed the same weight before as I was gaining. I try to keep that in mind. I was able to buy jeans that were 1 size smaller, and some of my tops I get to wear cutting grass, as they are a little baggy! And I cut grass faster! Small victories!

Hi Buttons
    I do not consider those small victories, They are so much better than that.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal :)
    88672520.png
  • eku0
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Enjoy all your victories! :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    ssflbelle wrote: »
    Good morning all.
    Amanda, you can feel good knowing you are doing this. I'm sure you must feel so much better than when you started. You are doing great. :)

Thanks for the encouragement! Someone else on another thread said just about the same thing. I don't even remember which thread that was. I am really getting lost with the NS group and the MFP groups. But since 2006 when I started yes there is a huge difference in how I feel. I can at least get out of bed on my own now and do not have to use a ski rope hook up thing I used in the past to help pull me out of bed. I can use to canes or a walker and walk to my van and go somewhere. I can even ride a tricycle and get out to a game of Michigan Rummy on Wednesday. However I have had my ups and downs as much as 70 pounds since 2006 and came back in June2014. Since June despite the 40 pound loss I do not feel any different. Health wise I am sure that 40 pounds down was good but I just don't see it in clothing or feel it in mt every day activities. I am sure a huge factor into this is the disability I have not related to the weight. But I keep trucking alone and will not give up!
    z55387af06aeb6.gif
    16077007.png

Good for you Amanda. You have a great attitude. You should be proud of what you have accomplished so far. :)
  • GSwizzleGary
    GSwizzleGary Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Amanda is a rock star and her weight loss journey has only just begun. Big things in her future... I know it!!!
    ~Gary
  • eku0
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning.
    Hiya, Gary, Jo, Amanda, Roger, and everyone.
    I'm off to my drawing and painting class this morning.
    Wishing you all an amazing day. :)
    (just changed my avatar, was tired of the displaced doggie).
    Vix
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi Vix
    I like the Avatar, We are like the peacock as we lose weight.

Have fun at the class
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal :)
    88672520.png
  • eku0
    Options
    I'm really liking the bright colors lately. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Long day at work, I am turning early tonight.
    Have a good evening :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good night Jo and everyone...sleep tight. :)
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    ssflbelle wrote: »
    Good morning all.

z55387af06aeb6.gif
    16077007.png

Good for you Amanda. You have a great attitude. You should be proud of what you have accomplished so far. :)
    Amanda is a rock star and her weight loss journey has only just begun. Big things in her future... I know it!!!
    ~Gary

Thanks to the two of you. This month I am shooting for my halfway mark and when I get there I will finally post something in the success section. My thought is that maybe it would help other 50+ age people to know that if I can do it, they can do it.
  • eku0
    Options
    Yay, amazing Amanda! We are all rooting for you! :)
    Good morning everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning everyone
    Amanda-we are cheering you every step of the way.
    Hi again Vix.