Weekly post 27.04-03.05

Options
Foamroller
Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
Welcome everyone oldies, newcomers and lurkers :)
Spring is finally here in land of the reindeers. Hopefully no more hailshowers. I'm still on the quest to find my true balance point between losing and gaining. It's proving to be a moving target. Less than a year ago I was gaining at 1200/day (yes, weighing everything). Atm I'm able to comfortably maintain scale weight at avg. NET 13-1400/day. So for MY body, it's evident that macro composition plays a big role in how it metabolizes nutrients. It's also a sign to me that I may be able to heal my metabolism. Hope is good! On top of this my body is also in a very slow recomp. I look about 1kg more than GW used to be, but weigh more. But since then I've gone from sedentary to quite active. So conclusion is that I've put on some muscle. Probably around 2 kg. Yay !

Confession time. My old fav skinny jeans that had a chunky love handle in January, has been fitting for a couple of weeks already. This is huge for me, I haven't worn these trousers in over 4 years. The scale weight fluctuates between the same pounds, but the fat is melting away. Next target is the even skinnier jeans ! If anyone's interested I'll take pics.

So guys and girls...don't ever give up on yourself. If you dig deep on the stuff that matters, be stubborn on issues that you KNOW are good for you...the results will come. If you have a rainy day. Acknowledge that, forgive yourself and saddle back on :)

Edit: I forgot to say that 5:2 is what broke my long stall and led me to the journey I'm on now.

Replies

• loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Foamroller: I would love to see pics. Congrats on getting into your skinny jeans.
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wooo @Foamroller!!! Thanks for sharing all that! Congrats on the return of the illusive skinny jeans! I love finding a too tight something fits once again... I've never owned skinny jeans, but I think it may be time to look....

I've definitely noticed a change in my progress since starting the 5:2. As of Friday morning, I was only 3lbs from my goal of 145, but after a very fooderiffic weekend with my BF, I'm anticipating no loss, and possibly slight gain. Not bothered though, as it was quite a lovely weekend :) And the foods... oh the foods were worth it! :D

Having a normalish day today, non-fast, and trying to get some good nutrition in. Fast Tuesday, and weigh in with my girlfriends on Wednesday. We've been doing our weigh ins every Wednesday, and for the last four weeks, I've been consistently down for each one! Woo! I wish I'd been more aware that this was the last week of our "April challenge"... I might have watched a bit better over this past weekend, but I guess we'll see!

Have a lovely week everyone! Hope you've all got a touch of Springtime!!

• HollandOats
    Options
    Ooh! I also have an NSV - though I haven't lost a lot of weight in the last year (probably ~10lbs, and slowly) I AM down almost 40lbs from when I started 2.5 years ago... but only recently did I start buying myself new clothes that fit properly (I wore the baggy things that fit poorly for a loooong time, as I wanted to be sure I sustained the loss before investing in new stuff).

Well, as I am turning 30 soon, I treated myself to a small new stylish work wardrobe, a couple skirts, some new slacks and several smart blouses. Wearing them has really boosted my self-confidence, as I can really now see the change the ill-fitting clothes were hiding - but the best part is others are now noticing, and I've received numerous compliments and inquiries about if I'd been losing weight. It's funny because, like I said, I haven't lost a significant amount recently, but these same folks that see me everyday now notice the change because I'm wearing clothes that fit properly. Money well spent :)

I made a promise to myself that I would be in the best shape I could at 30, and while I'm no super athlete, nor do I have six pack abs or anything like that, I am finally comfortable in my own skin and feel like a healthy person. That is the biggest gift to myself of all, as the mental weight those 40lbs held is off my shoulders, and I am the happiest I've been in so, so long.

OK, enough gushing... but for everyone still trying to reach that point, never give up... it really is worth it when the day comes that you see for yourself that you did it, and as cliche as it sounds, if I can do it, anyone can do it! Keep on keepin' on MFP/5:2 family :)<3:*
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Morning! Fast day #1 here. Doing okay. Had a crappy weekend foodwise, but I did track everything, which I never do!

I am doing a whole30 starting on Friday. I won't be fasting during this time, as the program really discourages it. I want to do it right, if I'm going to do it. I hope you guys don't mind if I still check in here.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    What kind of question is that, Foami! Of course we want to see pics :p

Back from my hiking retreat. Walked alone with my mom's dog for hours everyday and enjoyed it. Once in a while my mind stopped thinking and I just walked. I enjoyed the alone time more than I expected. Even meals alone in the restaurant didn't bother me. I feel much more relaxed and emotionally stabil than the past few weeks.

In order to get my skinny jeans to fit better again, I am reboarding the fast train. My goal is 2-3 good fasts per week and good TDEE days during the week until June 2nd in order to be at 57-58kg again (atm 60kg before today's fast) before my operation. Lots going on on the weekends, so I know there will be some over days there.

First fast done today and a second one planned for tomorrow. As it went very well today, I shall copy paste it to tomorrow. Thank you asparagus season! It makes fasting very easy. 500g green asparagus from a neighboring farmer = 100cal! Can't go wrong with that. Third fast planned for May 1st. Off work then, but with the right mind set, I will be fine.

Have a good week!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Helllloooooooooo everyone!!!!! Fast day #1 yesterday and I only got to 266 calories so I kinda made up for going over the other day lol. I'm starting at the new gym in a couple of weeks. I'm very excited. They let women lift at this one!!! So I'm hoping to see some changes in me. Thanks to the 5:2. I never would have even contemplated lifting weights before.
    Nsv here too!! My old winter jacket that I put away last year is very very roomy!!!! The arms are longer too!!!
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone!

@HollandOats - Yay for your NSV - just as important to our motivation as the scales!! :D

@flumi_f Your walking retreat sounded idyllic, glad you've returned refreshed and revitalised, mentally as well as physically.

I had a blowout weekend celebrating DD's birthday at a local steakhouse. Not as bad as its sounds since much of the menu was "exotic" meats which in the main are much leaner and healthier than normal beef steak. Couldn't resist sharing an ice cream sundae with FIL though, haven't had one of those in years! (and at least I didn't eat the whole lot myself LOL!)

FD#1 yesterday (Monday) c.600 cals. Perfectly OK with that, it seems to work for me. I think I've found the winning formula for this 5:2 thing, but will wait and see what the scales say later this week before declaring that I've "nailed it".

Oh and I got news yesterday that my zumba classes are starting up again next week - shake that booty!! :p

Have a great day!
  • priyac1987
    priyac1987 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! My first fast day today and strangely excited about it! Don't feel any hunger yet, then again it only kicks in once i eat something, so going to hold off for as long as possible!

Today I have a basic salad, some boiled veg and gravy and then 3 scrambled eggs for dinner and a beltsander brownie for dessert! - 516 cals

Have a great Tuesday everyone!! Not long till our long weekend :)
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Fast day today, had bad binge day yesterday, TOM, first in a year so hit me hard- early menopause methinks and a few days off work, fasting is sooo easy at work but I find it harder at home. Hope everyone else has a good day x
  • HollandOats
    Options
    Fasting today... I'm also over-guesstimating the oz of milk they put in my iced coffees in the drive thru... normally I'm not bothered to think I may be off, but on a fast day, an oz or two extra of whole milk can make a significant difference :/ Ah well, not gonna worry too much.

Have my lunch pre-planned and hope to come in just under 600 today. The real test will be when I stop by my folks' and they offer me a beer (as is the norm). I really enjoy catching up with them over a bottle or two of barley pop, so I'm going to have to be strong haha.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Went shopping for shoes for my cute little new dress. After not finding anything yesterday, I was successful on the other side of the boarder (I live right on the Swiss / German boarder). Things are cheaper over there and they actually had something that went well with it.

I then drove by a little booth selling local white asparagus and strawberries and my car came to a screetching halt :p . Two things I only buy locally. Looking forward to dinner!

16h now on the second day of my B2B. Going very well!! Soon off to feed the horses and then a yummy dinner with fresh white asparagus, lettuce, tomatoes and a dessert with low fat / high protein yogurt and fresh strawberries are waiting for me. Yum!

To all other fasters keep chuggin'. To the non fasters, have a great afternoon!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Went shopping for shoes for my cute little new dress. After not finding anything yesterday, I was successful on the other side of the boarder (I live right on the Swiss / German boarder). Things are cheaper over there and they actually had something that went well with it.

I then drove by a little booth selling local white asparagus and strawberries and my car came to a screetching halt :p . Two things I only buy locally. Looking forward to dinner!

16h now on the second day of my B2B. Going very well!! Soon off to feed the horses and then a yummy dinner with fresh white asparagus, lettuce, tomatoes and a dessert with low fat / high protein yogurt and fresh strawberries are waiting for me. Yum!

To all other fasters keep chuggin'. To the non fasters, have a great afternoon!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    @flumi_f have you lived there your whole life? I have always wanted to visit Germany. I took several years of it in school, and almost got to on an exchange program in high school, but then 9/11 happened and we weren't allowed on planes.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    YES! Of course pictures @foamroller!

Your trip sounded amazing @flumi_f!

Loving the NSVs!!

Hey everyone! Yesterday was the first fast day of the week and it went well ...but I know I can do better ;) Next fast day is Friday and l'm looking forward to it. Over the weekend my hubby and I started work on a little holiday place on the coast. I never knew how fun and satisfying it is to bash in walls and basically tear the whole place up. We decided to do the place up ourselves and it's exciting and stressful, but I know I will be proud when it's finished. I'll be able to say "we did that"! I also have a NSV...even though I have been maintaining for a while now, the checkout lady at the grocery store asked, "Have you lost weight?" and I replied "Have I?" And then I said, "it must be all the running around" ;)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    @bburg86 - I was born in Switzerland and lived in the States from the age of 4-18, then we moved back to Switzerland. Been here ever since...and that has been a while now ;)
  • HollandOats
    Options
    Ok, well my fast went bust... But I turned it out for a great day under non-fast goal with foods I enjoy and a couple beers... I call that a win.

Try again to fast tomorrow... Woo!
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Morning all! FD#2 for me today and despite eating to my TEEDEE yesterday I've woken up hungry :( Must be weather-related, sun is gone away and its grey, cloudy, overcast and threatening to rain. Also I went to bed last nice feeling crotchety and over-tired and had a rotten night's sleep as a result (tossing and turning and very wakeful). Filling up on tea with skimmed milk and keeping busy to chase away the hunger pangs!

Have a good day y'all! :p
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My fast went bust too, but sort of evened it out with 1000 cals of exercise, bloomin hormones! Will now fast thurs and sat as at work and it's easier. At least with 5:2 its not a disaster and I can move on and let it go, usually I would just go bonkers and "break" the diet completely
  • priyac1987
    priyac1987 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I had my first fast day yesterday, and it went surprisingly well! Ended the night with 3 scrambled eggs and an episode of Diners Driveins and Dives. Made my mouth super watery, so needless to say I had to go sleep early to stop myself thinking of burgers. lol. Happy Wednesday everyone!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    @bburg86 - I was born in Switzerland and lived in the States from the age of 4-18, then we moved back to Switzerland. Been here ever since...and that has been a while now ;)

awesome!!!