Pre-Op Indecision Good Days = No surgery

Options
2»

Replies

• nowucme
    nowucme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    As history always repeats itself in my Weight Loss World, I won't continue to work on my weight, this positive attitude I have today will only turn against me and give me a false confidence that I can eat that entire pizza, and that plate of noodles covered in buttery alfredo sauce.

Likewise, I am getting close now and have had the same thoughts. I have struggled to lose for 30 years now and it took 5 months to lose 18 pounds. I am certain that this is the only way I will be able to continue to lose and hopefully maintain that loss.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Me too. Even with my success pre-surgery, I look back at my previous successes (you can see the chart of my weight since 1999 in my pics) and every one of them had a "something" happen and I lost my mojo, lost my ability to focus on weight loss, etc. and the regain happened. Sometimes it was the birth of my kids, sometimes it was an injury that didn't allow me to keep up with my exercise regime, etc.

Someone here (Garber6th, I believe) said it in a way that really stuck with me: At my age (45 at the time) "maybe isn't enough this time".

I went ahead with the surgery and am much more confident that when "something" happens, the impact will be less and the habits and behaviors will be backed up with the surgery and won't turn into a major regain.

Rob
  • QuilterGirl3
    QuilterGirl3 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rob. I'm hitting my pre-op full force. I've lost 26 lbs in the last two months as part of trying to lose as much as possible before surgery. I did my blood work yesterday and will do my EKG and final psych appointment in the next two weeks. I should have everything to submit at the end of May, two weeks before my last required class. I'm hoping to have surgery sometime this summer.