HCG on the news right now...

Options
OMG!!! ANNOYING...

Lady using HCG injections " I lose a lb everyday eating 500 calories and shooting myself up"

News flash- we live in Alabama. No one here is going to stick to 500 cals a day long term. Fried Chicken and Sweet Tea anyone?

End rant.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Lets make sure things stay civil.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what happens to people with HCG. They starve themselves for a month or so and lose the 30lbs and promptly gain it back, plus some. Not worth it and not healthy. You're not even supposed to exercise on HCG diet.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I frankly don't understand how anyone gets talked into that "diet."
  • Prettyforafatgirl
    Prettyforafatgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ive done the diet and totally lost weight, and i do believe that if you start eating healthy and exercising after the diet you can maintain and continue to lose. Im on the diet again, however i will honestly say that earlier in the year when i was watching portion sizes, exercising like crazy, and making creative healthy filling dishes, that i totally felt better, i have lost 10 lbs this week and notice it in inches more then anything, i am going to come off and go back to the gym and eating clean and yummy.

and people get talked into it easy, think about people who are overweight and feel embarrassed or discouraged to go to the gym, or the people who have been told they weren't good enough, i think it can be helpful to give them a little self esteem boost to see that they can lose weight and hopefully will lead them to a healthier lifestyle
  • Caryn74
    Caryn74 Posts: 3
    Options
    I actually know several people (in the health care field, no less) who have used this diet to successfully lose 30+ pounds, and have kept it off. Of course they have to eat clean and excercise once they are through the diet, but that's true of ANY diet. The most difficult thing is the severely restricted calories and the limited selection of foods one can have. But it DOES work.