Options
stelwarr
stelwarr Posts: 6 Member
? :)

Replies

• mccanns725
    mccanns725 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm here. Starting to wonder though. I'm seeing lots of disordered eating discussions. On MFP in general not from older folks. Does this app ever tell you you're at a good weight switch to maintenance?
  • nativemistlg
    nativemistlg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in my 60's. I have lost some weight. I am about 5 lbs from my goal and just working on toning up now. I live in Florida so exercise is easy year round. I would love to have some friends here. Anyone interested.
  • marikog
    marikog Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just turned 50 and looking for a community w similar goals.
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am 58. I am have been on mainance for 15 years. I am now working out when I haven't in the first part of my life. I am 5'2" and at 19 BMI.
  • SpeedRacer13
    SpeedRacer13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm 54 and have about 15 more to lose. I've never had to lose weight before, so this is a new adventure for me.
  • faeriewillow
    faeriewillow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 58, only need to lose about 7 pounds but struggling...
  • Laurie5lee
    Laurie5lee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 51, and I would like to lose 10 pounds. I just want to fit better in my clothes. I have exercised every day for many years, but for the past ten years or so it seems I put on weight just looking at a plate of food. This calorie counting method is working quite well for me so far. I have not stepped onto the scale, but I can button some of my pants now, so I know I'm making progress. I'm working hard exercising to burn calories, and it's monotonous keeping it at the front of my mind all the time, but I feel so good, it's almost worth the effort. Today it's raining, so I stayed in and lifted weights. I just love getting 667 calorie credits for my bike riding. I'll miss that today.

Laurie
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 trying to shed the "last" 8 pounds, but wondering how I will maintain that if I ...ever... get there. Chocolate fiend, love to cook and bake and eat.
  • stelwarr
    Options
    I'd like to add you all as friends! :) I'm not sure how to do that but I'll figure it out. I'm 59 and 3 lbs from goal. I live in Florida.
  • stelwarr
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I sent friend requests to you all. I also set my feed to share with friends. I had it set to private before. I think I need to add a selfie. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks all. . It will be nice to share this fitness adventure!
  • BBBCampbell
    BBBCampbell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    49 now - turning 50 this year. I'm in reasonably good shape but want to lose a few fat pounds and gain a few muscle pounds. I could really use some inspiration and training advice....
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 50 this July. I'm considered within healthy weight...I do watch what I eat though and I go to the gym 4 to 5 times a week.
  • rockstarrockstar
    rockstarrockstar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Turned fifty this year and went thru a rough period of weight gain. I finally got that under control with MFP ,would still like to lose about 5lbs. Looking for friends with same goals and mayb swap/share fitness plans
  • mmw67
    mmw67 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 60's actually, just got to lose the last half a pound. I lost 42 lbs with WeightWatchers a few years ago, have to keep on top of it as it does creep back! Can I "friend" you all too? I'm unsure how to do it, but I will find out how! It is good to "talk" to someone more your own age I think!
    I live in the UK, (have done since I was a child,) in Norfolk, but was born in the USA, where most of my family are.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    mccanns725 wrote: »
    I'm here. Starting to wonder though. I'm seeing lots of disordered eating discussions. On MFP in general not from older folks. Does this app ever tell you you're at a good weight switch to maintenance?

Agree :)
  • BBBCampbell
    BBBCampbell Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Please feel free to "friend" me when you figure out how ;) and let me know how it's done? Also looking to share successful calorie-burning activities as well as success stories. I will be happy to provide support too...
  • karen12312
    karen12312 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 this month I've always worked out but I'm still flaby and slightly over weight does any one have any tips for losing the last few pounds
    Also looking for friends in similar situation.

• DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm here. I just turned 58 (OMG, I don't feel 58!) I about 6 pound away from my goal of 115. I am worried about maintenance and hope we all can share.
  • JamieIveyMahaffey
    JamieIveyMahaffey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    55 and getting busy getting rid of the stress weight I put on in the last 5 years. Got ti get rid of 30 lbs...Walking, cycling, and eating healthy. Still have one bad habit left. My evening coctail. What is life without a few spirits. ;)
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Hi...51. 11 to lose.