3 Day Quick Fix

Options

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Day 1

Can you believe, I forgot to eat an entire meal? I did. I just got caught up in my day, doing gardening and taking the dogs to the park, that I missed one of the fish meals. Oh well. Today is a new day.

I don't like to eat before I exercise but I often find I'm famished when I'm done. Today I did something different and it worked perfectly! After 21DF and PiYo, I started my steelcut oats, keeping it on a low heat, and did the 10 minutes abs workout I had on my agenda for today. By the time I was done, all I had to do was turn up the heat and start my egg whites. End result? Everything was done at the same time. It was nice to have a hot breakfast.

Now here's hoping I don't miss a meal again today.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Day 2

I have a friend who loves to talk on the phone. I loathe talking on the phone. So you can imagine how I felt yesterday after FOUR hours of talking with her. Ugh. I kept hoping someone, anyone, else would call and I'd have to end the conversation to take another call. No such luck.

So yeah. I missed yet another meal because I just couldn't get off the phone with her.

Total Loss During 3DQF = 2.6 lbs

I did not have this much loss the last time I did it. I'm really going to try not to miss a meal today. Wish me luck (and pray that I don't get another phone call from a talkative friend).
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Awesome job
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Day 3

So I lost 4 lbs total and I pulled out my notes from last time I did the 3DQF and I did not lose quite that much the first time. In fact, I only lost 2 lbs previously.

Since I'm doing 21DF back-to-back for a while, I'll be doing the 3DQF the last three days of each 21 day cycle.
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Decided I'm going to do the 3 Day Quick Fix Monday-Wednesday this week. I'm going to my hometown for my birthday from Thursday - Monday and I will see so many old friends and classmates, I want to feel as confident as possible. So I guess today has just become prep day!

Of course I'll probably erase any of the benefits with too much eating and drinking next weekend, but I'm ok with that, I'm going to have a great weekend :)

Anyone else doing the Quick Fix this week?
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    Lost 2.4 lbs after day 1 of the 3DQF. Before I started, I felt kind of bloated, like I was retaining water, and I sure was! Obviously that loss is mostly (or only) water weight but I'll take it! Hopefully some fat got flushed out with all the water, ha!

I really don't enjoy this 3 day program but that is definitely enough reward to get me to push through day 2. Choking down my 8 egg whites now....bleah.....
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Great job!

Autumn said this weekend that you could do two eggs vs the egg whites :) That makes this much better for me
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04 We can? Yaaaaay! The egg whites aren't too bad if you add spices and such. I used to add red pepper flakes and/or garlic to them to make them less bland. But you could also add cinnamon or extract to them. I know that sounds crazy but think about it--meringue is nothing but egg whites and a bit of sugar and vanilla. At that point you could even mix them in with the oatmeal. (There are recipes for oatmeal with eggs. I swear I'm not making this up!)

But a couple of whole eggs? Yeah. Sounds good to me and a lot easier. ;)
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Yep! I saw it on her Q&A on facebook this past weekend :)
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    THANK YOU that is so much better!! I really can't stand eating just egg whites, it's like eating rubber no matter how heavily I season it.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    exactly, I would even do 1 egg and 4 whites!
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    Even one egg will help! Though I think my 3 Day Quick Fix is going to turn into a 2 Day Quick Fix. I am quickly running out of the food I thought I prepped for 3 days and I don't have time to prep more tonight. It's ok, I'll just segue back in the 21 Day Fix and be much happier anyway! Can't wait to crunch on a salad!
  • Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    @dkwi04 where do u follow autumn?
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    @dkwi04 where do u follow autumn?

On facebook

• SatiaRenee
    Options
    @jpkrueger I know, right? I swear every time I do 3DQF, I kinda miss some foods--like fruit and hummus and even Greek yogurt--but boy oh boy do I miss crunching on a salad!
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow great job everyone! I must say it's very inspiring reading about everyone's progress in here. Looks like I might have to look into this 3DQF. I do find it a little daunting to prep but would love to try it at least once.
    Do you do it while doing 21 day fix workouts or after a round?
    And what's the difference between this and 3 day refresh? I think I saw on fb a package of things you take on the 3 day refresh, which I believe may help clean out your system? Not entirely sure.
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Just found the 3 day refresh thread, so that answers that question. Tehe
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    @SatiaRenee if our biggest craving right now is salad, we must be doing something right!

I also really miss my Shakeology today. Sorry to sound like a BB coach but I really do! I switched from chocolate to vanilla this month and it's soooo good. I don't miss sweets at all when I have my shake. And I don't seem to need any caffeine either which is a bonus. Ok I'm done talking about it, I promise :)

@venuila you should have received an insert about the 3 Day Quick Fix with your 21DF materials but let me know if you don't have it and I can tell you about it. It's not a separate product but it's a separate, short-term program.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @jpkrueger If I could afford it, I'd definitely give Shakeology a try. I read a great argument for how it is not that costly. All you have to do is not go out to eat as often. Ummm . . . I don't. I go out on very special occasions. Like my anniversary. And my husband and I won't go out to eat again until . . . I don't know. We bake our own birthday cakes and don't drink soda (90% of the time we drink water with that other 10% being my morning coffee and herbal tea) and I can't replace my expensive coffee drinks I grab on the way to work because . . . yeah, I make my own morning cup of coffee. But I could see the person's point. A lot of people look at the cost of something and immediately say, "I can't" instead of really thinking about and asking "How can I?"
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    Exactly - it's about $4 a serving, so for the person who goes through the drive-thru for a snack or a meal or even a coffee drink, drinking Shakeology instead does save them money and it's much healthier. But I'm like you - I don't really spend money on those things too often so I'm not saving money. The only thing I'm saving money on is that I don't have to buy a multivitamin anymore, since Shakeology has all the vitamins (and more) that I was taking. But a money-saver for me? Unfortunately it's not.

But, due to my travel schedule and just random skipping days, I can usually stretch a bag to last a month and a half rather than a month so it's not so bad. And of course I get the discounted coach's price. Anyway I'm hooked so I must feed my addiction :)