Side Dishes

Options
2»

Replies

• tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I usually make my meat and whatever veg (sauteed kale and garlic, zucchini, braised celery hearts, a great spinach and bacon salad) and then I just make some starch for my hubby.
  • mongoosealamode
    mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    radiii wrote: »
    A smaller steak? :D

My kinda meal!
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    standard side salad, cole slaw w/ low carb dressing, jalapeno poppers, roasted/grilled squash, zucchini, tomato, etc
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I didn't feel like making a salad tonight so I took a page from this post and had mushrooms and onions sauteed in butter and some horseradish sauce with my steak. And two dill pickles because I drank so much water today.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Alfredo or hollandaise sauce has become my new "side dish". I have always had side dishes too, but do not miss them.
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    MMMM, MMMMM, good! Bloody steak pairs well with sauteed mushrooms (cooked in bacon grease or lard if you have it), pour any blood over the steak, then put a big hunk of blue cheese on top.

Dang, that sounds good. I know what I'm having tonight!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Cartman: So, what kind of side dishes are we going to enjoy this evening with our frozen waffles?

(pause)

Cartman: Am I to understand there will be no side dishes?
    th?id=JN.rEECaBvO7lO%2f0w11HZ1KSw&pid=15.1&P=0
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    tlmeyn wrote: »
    I usually make my meat and whatever veg (sauteed kale and garlic, zucchini, braised celery hearts, a great spinach and bacon salad) and then I just make some starch for my hubby.

This. But my family members are old enough to make their own starch dish. I just do the meat and veg.
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Spinach with cream cheese.
    Mushrooms fried in butter or bacon grease, maybe with a cream sauce.
    Grilled asparagus.
    Shredded cabbage sauteed in bacon grease with toasted slivered almonds and a dash of chicken broth to deglaze the pan.
    Raw kale with olive oil and garlic massaged in, and tossed with parmesan cheese.

-T.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Caesar salad made with a keto dressing, and only crisp romaine lettuce, bacon and real parmesan and garlic.
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Teneko wrote: »
    Shredded cabbage sauteed in bacon grease with toasted slivered almonds and a dash of chicken broth to deglaze the pan.

-T.

This sounds soooooooooo good! :smiley:
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    Caesar salad made with a keto dressing, and only crisp romaine lettuce, bacon and real parmesan and garlic.

We do Caesar salads quite frequently. :wink:
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Two ideas that are not boring if you don't mind the sodium.

Birds Eye Creamed Pearl Onions and
    For zesty cravings - Frypan heated with a pad of butter, add sliced Shallots, sliced Mushrooms, slices of bell peppers (green, red, yellow for color) when al dente add a splash of sriracha sauce (I put that ** on everything).
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I made a Mexican style spicy coleslaw that both my husband and I are in love with!

It's 1 bag of precut coleslaw cabbage.
    1 Jalapeno diced small and 2 green onions diced small and one large handful of fresh cilantro.
    Add a quarter cup of dukes mayonnaise 1/2 tablespoon cumin 1/2 tablespoon chili powder. Juice from one lime, 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. I also add one squirt of liquid artificial sweetner because I'm used to sweeter slaws.. But you can omit that if you'd like

It's so awesome and very summery.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Pasta zero is pretty good with Alfredo sauce...only 1gm of net carbs per serving for the pasta zero, and 2 grams of carbs in a serving of Alfredo sauce....