NS Food on Review

Options

Replies

• AshTrixxy
    AshTrixxy Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I had the frozen Enchilada tonight, SO GOOD! Definitely going to order more than one next time. It hit my tex-mex sweet spot!
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Glad to know the Enchiladas are good. I only ordered one and will try that.
  • wanda7557
    wanda7557 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I finally found the NS transplants! I just started NS again and found they closed the discussion boards. How disappointing.
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    What mildly annoys me about NS is that I see you all raving about certain entrees, but many of them you can't buy a la carte -- you have to be subscribed to one of the high end plans to even see them to select. NOT that you don't all deserve some perks for belonging to that plan, but it does make my mouth water for stuff I can't get. Ok, self pity-party is over now. :smiley: I'll probably eventually grow into that plan anyway someday --- I've already ordered some of my first frozen stuff this week . . .
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    I was the same way, patty. But, I upgraded to the Diabetic Uniquely Yours and glad I did.

I had the frozen Sweet and Sour Chicken tonight and it was very good. Quite pleased. :)

I grilled some veggies on my Microhearth and those were great.

Dh said he could just eat the veggies (coming from a meat eater at every meal). He was impressed.
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    I was the same way, patty. But, I upgraded to the Diabetic Uniquely Yours and glad I did.

I had the frozen Sweet and Sour Chicken tonight and it was very good. Quite pleased. :)

I grilled some veggies on my Microhearth and those were great.

Dh said he could just eat the veggies (coming from a meat eater at every meal). He was impressed.

pretty great selling point!!! :)
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Yes. He's finding out a lot that I am eating is pretty good. :)
  • Whosebeeping
    Whosebeeping Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The steak meal was good only thing I would say is do NOT cook it as long as it says. 6 min way to long. Mine was hard around the edges. Which is ok if u like burnt steak.
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    What mildly annoys me about NS is that I see you all raving about certain entrees, but many of them you can't buy a la carte -- you have to be subscribed to one of the high end plans to even see them to select. NOT that you don't all deserve some perks for belonging to that plan, but it does make my mouth water for stuff I can't get. Ok, self pity-party is over now. :smiley: I'll probably eventually grow into that plan anyway someday --- I've already ordered some of my first frozen stuff this week . . .

I totally agree with you. I would order some of this stuff if it was available.
  • MarySG58
    MarySG58 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The steak meal was good only thing I would say is do NOT cook it as long as it says. 6 min way to long. Mine was hard around the edges. Which is ok if u like burnt steak.

A lot of the FROZEN meals are cooked at 80 - 90%. Is your microwave 1250 watts. If so, the instructions could say cook at 1,000 watts which is 80% or cook at 1,100 watts which is 90%. Hope this helps!

• pattyperkins927
    Options
    Had the BBQ Chicken tonight for the first time ---quite tasty :) I didn't really feel like a sandwich; I felt like snacking. SOOOOooo rightly or wrongly, I ate my BBQ like a dip with a handful of multi-grain baked Tostito Scoops.
  • ChrisS115
    ChrisS115 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm posting to this thread for the first time. I was wondering if anyone had tried the new SS Macaroni & Cheese with turkey sausage? It has full stars on the NS site but they are from only 1 person's review. My order ships out today so I can't order until the next one but I thought I would ask while I am thinking about it.
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    I haven't but it does look tasty. Maybe I'll add one to my next order and check it out.
  • ChrisS115
    ChrisS115 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you order it be sure to post about how you did/didn't like it!
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    Not all that excited about the Mac & Cheese dishes, but after reading Chris's question I added 2 oz of Italian Turkey Sausage to it. Still wasn't my fav, but it wasn't too bad :)
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    I did forget to report that I had my very first frozen lunch yesterday --- a Southwest Fiesta Melt. I found it quite tasty and I'd get it again. Next time, though, I'd probably try to plan when I'm at home as I think it would be even better in the oven than the microwave (was really good in the microwave though!) I can't wait to try the other 6 frozen lunches I got! I'm on vacation next week, so I'll be doing my best to stay on plan anyway - I'm hoping they may help :)
  • SillyRabbit65
    SillyRabbit65 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Did you know they put peas in the lasagna with meat sauce? It's really good. I was just really surprised to see a pea in there. lol

I had the lasagna last night and saw a pea.. caught me off, had never 'found' one before (even though one of my favs)..don't like peas, but didn't taste like a pea..
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Did you know they put peas in the lasagna with meat sauce? It's really good. I was just really surprised to see a pea in there. lol

I had the lasagna last night and saw a pea.. caught me off, had never 'found' one before (even though one of my favs)..don't like peas, but didn't taste like a pea..
    Yep, vegetarian lasagna has peas in it!

• pattyperkins927
    Options

Yep, vegetarian lasagna has peas in it!

The regular lasagne with meat sauce has peas in it too. Mine did ( I've never had the Veggie Lasagne, unless something was mismarked).
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    Just ordered some of the frozen desserts that was on special last night for the summer -- reviews to follow. If any of you have had them already, feel free to tell me if that was a mistake or not (guess I should have asked first, eh?)