MAY 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,806 Member
    Options
    You see Dave, it's not that we are trying to be your mother. It's that we would really miss you if something happened and let's face it. You and I are reaching the age where things break. :smile:
    Dean...I completely understand and I appreciate your input and concern. You'll be happy to know that I heeded your advice and sucked it up and made an appointment for this afternoon. :smile: :drinker:

And adding on after seeing the rest of the posts...thank you so much for the care from the rest of you too! I really do appreciate it. :flowerforyou:

Dave

@Dave - Thanks Dave. That does make me feel better. I'd really like to have you around for years to come on this sight. You're enthusiasm and cheerful attitude really do help motivate people and make their lives better. Every once in awhile someone comes along that is an inspiration to others. They aren't out there yelling or selling. They just be who they are and it inspires others. You are one of those people. Here's to a quick recovery and hoping you get to come back and tell us all, "I told you so!" :smile:

Thank you SO much for the kind words, Dean. I truly do appreciate them. I'm really glad I listened to you because now...here's where I get to say, "YOU told me so." :smile: I frequently am one to dismiss just about any symptoms and try to take care of them by myself and internally scoff when someone says "You should go see a doctor" over a cough or an ache...but you, Dean, said just the right things to snap me out of my eternal stubbornness. :smiley: I went to my appointment and the doctor did an exam and I had an EKG which came back normal, then a chest x-ray which also came back clear, but the doc didn't want to just send me home with nothing while still having trouble breathing so he sent me to another facility for a chest CT scan which clearly identified a large blood clot in my lung that I've been carrying around for who knows how long! At least 3-4 weeks. So it's a really good thing I went in when I did because I was a potential ticking bomb waiting to go off. I see him again in about an hour to get started on blood thinners for however long he says. Probably a few months, maybe for good.

But thanks again, Dean. I owe ya big on this one. :blush: And this one time I won't mind if you send me a bill. :laugh:

Dave
    so very glad your doctor found the clot .... And now you are on the road to recovery .... :)
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad they found something. I'm glad it was something they can treat. :smile: That will probably keep you off the bike for awhile but that's ok. As long as you continue to lurk and encourage, that's payment enough for me. :smile:

Here's to a speedy recovery with minimal problems. :+1:
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Finally adding something. I'm short one run. I have to find out the distance one of these days. Not doing as well as I had planned. The rain has put a damper on my running partly.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    4.4 mile run/walk

@Dave - so happy you went and got a diagnosis, especially one that's manageable. You probably helped save your own life by being so active and in better shape than most people in our age range. :smile: A pulmonary embolism (PE) can lead to sudden and more severe symptoms than what you described. And I think you got your money's worth on the $260. smiley-hug002.gif

exercise.png
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    You see Dave, it's not that we are trying to be your mother. It's that we would really miss you if something happened and let's face it. You and I are reaching the age where things break. :smile:
    Dean...I completely understand and I appreciate your input and concern. You'll be happy to know that I heeded your advice and sucked it up and made an appointment for this afternoon. :smile: :drinker:

And adding on after seeing the rest of the posts...thank you so much for the care from the rest of you too! I really do appreciate it. :flowerforyou:

Dave

@Dave - Thanks Dave. That does make me feel better. I'd really like to have you around for years to come on this sight. You're enthusiasm and cheerful attitude really do help motivate people and make their lives better. Every once in awhile someone comes along that is an inspiration to others. They aren't out there yelling or selling. They just be who they are and it inspires others. You are one of those people. Here's to a quick recovery and hoping you get to come back and tell us all, "I told you so!" :smile:

AMEN!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,289 Member
    Options
    Dave I'm so glad you went in and I'm so glad what you have can be treated. Now...ya gotta do what the doc says! No messin' around. And...get better soon.

Chris
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    17.5/50 miles running complete for the month!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    3.51 miles walked today

135.79 miles walked to date
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    new ttd 62.4 miles

and Dark rider Dave so sorry to hear of your health problems and glad you got checked. Now do as doc orders and take care.
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    oJjKm6.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    @Dave, we are all just worried about you and I am glad to read that you have made an appt (or already gone) to get checked out. Don't worry about miles, or us, just take care of yourself! Well I am 1 mile from goal, don't know how I managed that. Oh well.

05/15 - 9.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge stage 7)
    05/16 - 13.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge stage 8)
    05/17 - 13.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge stage 9)
    05/18 - 2.0 miles walking (Giro Challenge rest day)
    05/19 - 2.0 miles walking
    05/19 - 8.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge stage 10)

Total: 199.0 miles

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Dave, we are all just worried about you and I am glad to read that you have made an appt (or already gone) to get checked out. Don't worry about miles, or us, just take care of yourself! Well I am 1 mile from goal, don't know how I managed that. Oh well.

05/15 - 9.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge stage 7)
    05/16 - 13.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge stage 8)
    05/17 - 13.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge stage 9)
    05/18 - 2.0 miles walking (Giro Challenge rest day)
    05/19 - 2.0 miles walking
    05/19 - 8.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge stage 10)

Total: 199.0 miles

exercise.png

It's the Giro challenge and the new bike. You put the two together and you can really pile on the miles. :smile:
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Adding 16 miles to get myself up to date. Spent a lot of time in the car the last few days moving my daughter and her husband from Minneapolis to Lincoln. Moving them from an apartment to a house got me lots of stairs but not a lot of miles! LOL! I'll play catch up this week and next and hopefully keep my streak going. :)

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @Dave, OMG that is exactly what my SIL died from last week ( & she had been in the hospital for 3 days!) I'm sooooo glad you listened to all of us who worry about you! Now listen to the medical pro's & get yourself well so you can get your @ss moving again! LOL

I did not get to go clean for my friend (tomorrow now) so I walked my clean cut furries 3 miles & did another 6 on my ex bike! Whoop whoop I passed my goal!!!

exercise.png
    [/url

• angelmo8
    angelmo8 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    5/19- 6.2 miles walk/run

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

exercise.png

Adding 36 miles for 241 out of 300.

Can we start donating miles for Dave so he can still hit goal? :smile: Like donating sick leave when someone is out with a long term illness? :smile:
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,957 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    5/19 5 mile run / 4 mile walk

188.5 miles of 250 miles

exegrcise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,356 Member
    Options
    @Dave: I am so glad you listened to Dean. We just lost a Special Ed. assistant last week while at work. He refused to go to the hospital and a principal called 911 and they took him. He had a blood clot in his lung and did not make it. Praise the Lord they found yours and the doctor was wise to send you for more tests. My husband finally got the insurance okay to have a lung CAT Scan and that has been our concern. You be a good patient and let them work on reducing that clot. I know all of us are so glad that they found this in time.
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    @darkrider42 I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well but am super glad you went to the doc for some answers! Hoping you have a super swift recovery.

I am adding 4.2 tonight for MTD of 64.7

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,356 Member
    Options
    May 19: 9.5 miles walking 4 and cycling 5.5 milea
    TTD: 179.15 miles

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.