MAY 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Adding 12 miles for 205 out of 300. I think I might be able to hit goal by the end of the week. If I do I'll up my miles again.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Got some good outdoor biking in the past couple days.

exercise.png

• scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Adding 8.8 miles today...MTD 60.5 now

exercise.png

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! :drinker:

Thought I'd pop in and say hey and give you an update on why I'm such a huge slacker this month. :happy: I don't know exactly what it is, but I've been getting kicked in the rear by some bug or another. I've only missed work a couple of days, but even still on all of the rest of the days I'm clearly fighting something. Even going for an easy walk is zapping my energy and I'm wildly winded by it. I tried bowling last night and from my breathing and heartrate you'd think I just ran a 10K. I'm really conflicted by wanting to get caught back up with my miles for this month and resting so I can shake whatever this is. I've only had actual noticeable symptoms of a cold (coughing/congestion etc) a couple of the days, but every day has been a struggle to walk anywhere without getting winded and needing to sit afterward. :neutral: And no, I'm not going to the doctor just so they can tell me "There's nothing I can give you, now go home and rest and send me a check for $260." I'm just going to keep taking it day by day and do what I am able to. Probably in short bursts followed by a nap. :smile:

On the bright side, there are other really nice, happy new things going on in my life for which I am truly, truly grateful for...so it's not all bad news. :)

Take care everyone and I hope you are having a happy, healthy weekend!! :drinker:

Dave
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

5/17

.5 miles (swimming laps)

Total for today .5 miles

163.07 miles done... :)
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Ttd 56.2 miles
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    7.07 miles walked today

122.37 miles walked to date
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the challenge this month since I was out of commission for the first half. Please put me down for 30 miles. Thanks :)
  • lee134
    lee134 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    28 miles
    MTD 189.01
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Well another Giro stage down, number 9 is in the books. I am just praying my arthritis holds up til the end of the month. Thank goodness tomorrow is a rest day, got to have oral surgery in the morning, so not much of a rest day.

05/15 - 9.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge stage 7)
    05/16 - 13.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge stage 8)
    05/17 - 13.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge stage 9)

Total: 187.0 miles

exercise.png
  • Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    5/17 - 1.81 Miles walking

MTD - 44.27 Miles

Get Well Soon Dave!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @Dave, yeah I think you could rest but if the breathing issue keeps on I ask you PLEASE see a doctor, I lost a sister in-law to a lung issue just last week!

It was still raining today so I used the treadmill for 3 miles & the ex bike for 10.

exercise.png

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,130 Member
    Options
    5/16 9 mile run

164.5 miles of 250 miles

exegrcise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,375 Member
    Options
    May 17: 11 miles cycling
    TTD: 162.65
    img
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,375 Member
    Options
    May 17: 11 miles cycling
    TTD: 162.65 miles

tickers.TickerFactory.

exercise.png

/ezt/t/wgMjP3L/exercise.png

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,346 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Dave if you don't get better, you need to go see the doctor...please? Being sick sucks. :s

Walked with Bean this morning then DH picked up the kids at the airport, and we had to give the pup back! ugh! Now the house is empty once again!

Sun - 5.81 miles

exercise.png

Have a grand Monday, everyone!

Chris
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Dave - Don't worry about the shortness of breath. We have dogs do that all the time. It only ends up being blocked coronary arteries in the heart or infections in the lungs or something else that if the owner had come in two months prior, could have cleared up easily. You can live without those right? :wink: Go see the doctor. :laugh: It's worth the $250 dollars to tell us we were all wrong and mind our own business. :smile:
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Thanks for all the well-wishes and advice....I appreciate it. :)

Dave
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    You see Dave, it's not that we are trying to be your mother. It's that we would really miss you if something happened and let's face it. You and I are reaching the age where things break. :smile:
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Ok I am home after a super trip running in all sorts of places!! Had a great marathon in London and have run in Brugges, Bellagio, Florence, Lyon Nice and Paris! Hurt my knee running in Bellagio on the steps - was just a little sore until I walked up all the eiffel tower steps! Haven't run since but will give it a go tomorrow :)
    Love this travel - got the bug now just have to save up!!

1 May 4.5 miles
    2 May 2.21
    3 May 11.2
    4 May 3.5
    5 May 12.8
    6 May 0.7
    7 May 4.3
    8 May 10.6
    9 May 3.8
    10 May 8.1
    11 May 5.2
    12 May 16.2