Motivation - Visualize Your Journey

Options

Replies

• bibliocephalus
    bibliocephalus Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Love it, especially this: * No deadline to get there, just keep making progress. Eye on the prize, but just keep taking it on one step at a time." *
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Brilliant :)
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I got somewhat derailed at the end of the year due to a combination of losing my Mom, a back injury, and the holidays. Picking ourselves up after life interferes with our goals is so important to our long-term health and fitness.
    I had added 3 pounds back on and taken my first step backwards since I started last July. I had to forgive myself, refocus, and start again. Some may say, "only 3 pounds", but for me it was 3 pounds that I had conquered and now had to tackle a second time. My 120 lbs loss goal was just made to be 123 and I was mad at myself. Many of us have these emotions arise as we battle through our weight loss and deal with the roller-coaster of life. We are constantly reminded that we have only limited control and life will often throw obstacles in our path that can change our course.
    The most important thing we can do is make sure to start each day fresh, make the most of that day, and don't weigh ourselves down by choosing to carry along some baggage from yesterday.
    Today at my weigh-in, I hit a new low weight of 253 and have now lost 72 pounds. I am re-energized, back on course and headed back up those stairs to reach the stars.
  • bibliocephalus
    Options
    Thank you for this BRaye, and for the reminder and inspiratIon to help us through our own inevitable challenges.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    BRaye... you are an inspiration to us all :)
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a like button for these posts.
  • bibliocephalus
    Options
    I agree about the like button!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Just a quick update on where I'm at - I just recently finished off Stage 2, 81 pounds lost and 4 prescriptions gone. I'm at a brief plateau, but working to bust through that in the coming days and ascend the attic stairs. I just had another birthday and it struck me that this year I am younger than I was last. I wish that for all of you too.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    I'm now at 90 pounds lost, in Stage 3 on the third step an on my way to that attic window.
    Each of these steps take longer as my weight loss slows down, but I have a ton more energy and feel so much better than this time last year. Consistency and stubbornness are my two best allies! :smile:
  • Purple1105
    Purple1105 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being so transparent about your journey! Those words will stick with me a long time.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    Consistency and stubbornness are my two best allies! :smile:
    Good job on the huge loss, you're clearly focused on your goal.
    I agree that consistency can have a significant impact on progress.

• debloveswine
    debloveswine Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your awesome loss and thank you for being so honest.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    I'm now at 90 pounds lost, in Stage 3 on the third step an on my way to that attic window.
    Each of these steps take longer as my weight loss slows down, but I have a ton more energy and feel so much better than this time last year. Consistency and stubbornness are my two best allies! :smile:

Amazing Bill ... Consistency & stubbornness..
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I'm now at 90 pounds lost, in Stage 3 on the third step an on my way to that attic window. Each of these steps take longer as my weight loss slows down, but I have a ton more energy and feel so much better than this time last year. Consistency and stubbornness are my two best allies! :smile:

Great job Bill! Two thumbs up for consistency & stubbornness!

• italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go! I am so motivated by your journey. Getting off all those prescription meds is a fantastic gift to give yourself. Thanks for sharing your journey
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Wow! So here I am, 1 year of logging on MFP and I'm so blessed to have my life change in so many ways. My knowledge, health, fitness, attitude, and energy level have all improved dramatically.

I truly owe so much to you guys for continually inspiring, motivating and encouraging me.

I started doing this on my own. Then after a month I started reading through the forums on my lunch break but not posting. After a few months I started a couple of threads which was an interesting experience to say the least. At 4 months, I found the groups and joined a few, this group was just starting. I added my first friend at that point too. I was slow to get going, but the social connections I've made here have made a profound impact on my continuing focus.

So here I am, 1 year in, 783 posts, co-leader of this awesome group, member of a few other groups, written a half dozen blog posts, 70 friends, logged 364 of 365 days, and down 97 pounds. How did this happen?

Baby steps - each day I start with focus and try to do one thing new or different. The list is endless, logging, planning, goals, new foods, recipes, exercise, research, making friends, supporting others, mental toughness, letting friends help me, try to be a role model, documenting, analyze, positive attitude, raise the bar!

Making this a top priority in my life and continually taking baby steps to reach my goals is the secret to my success so far. I believe we all have the ability to get there and doing it together makes it possible.

Thanks to all of you for allowing me to walk beside you on this road to our better health and fitness!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    And that, my friends, is how it is done!!!! Kudos for making the change in your life. You will never regret it.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    wow! Exciting things posted here!
  • MHTret
    MHTret Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's so incredibly helpful that you take the time to share. So happy for your success.

Aargh -- I was going to bow in congratulations but it turned into a toe touch... is it possible your dedication is rubbing off on me?!!!! One can only hope...
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Neat visualization idea. I'll have to think one up. Fantastic weight loss. There's nothing better than having the ability to play with grandkids.