Just One June - June 1 (Initial Check-In)

Options

Replies

• SRJennings
    SRJennings Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am going to add weightlifting to my workout routine. I will try for three times a week. It would be a major win if this could become a habit for me because I have been very resistant to working with the weights consistently.

• me_ona_diet
    me_ona_diet Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add in some exercise this month, -, strength training and/or cardiovascular (that I can do that's not too hard on my knee) and aim for three times a week to start. Need to build some muscle.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    My goal is to add strength training back into my routine. I was doing well until March when I got insanely busy, then I was gone for most of the month of April, then May was insanely busy catching up on everything after being gone almost a month. Ultimately, 3x per week is ideal, but that might be too ambitious right now, so I will commit to 1x a week and hope for 2x or 3x when I can.

I am doing it for health reasons, with added benefit of fat loss. I hope to be able to get back to previous # on weight lifted when I left off, but this may be more difficult if I am only getting in 1x per week, but will see how that goes. And I have never lifted on low carb before so that may also be a factor.

• tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Ok .. I wasn't going to do anything, but I decided I am just too inconsistant with my exercise. Soooo... I am going to EITHER get a minimum of 5000 steps every single day (my steps vary WILDLY from 1200 to 13500 so far) an average day being around 3000-4000, Or 30
    Minutes of some other exercise every single day. Early or late. Pain or no pain. I have to stop being lazy. If my knees won't take it, I will do 45 of upper body. But it has to be SOMETHING.
  • rpm893
    rpm893 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am going to log everything i put in my mouth this month and not skip any days (i.e. the weekend)
  • pedidiva
    pedidiva Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am happy with the food plan and my exercise activities. My goal is to do my back exercises (Foundation Training--check out the TED talk on youtube by Eric Goodman.) daily--minimum of 10 minutes a day. My job requires much sitting and my lower back has been hurting. These exercises have helped.

Xylitol is OK

Radii, I hear you about the meditation.
  • dreamcatcheuse
    dreamcatcheuse Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hurt my knee so I won't be able to exercice or even do my 10000 steps but I count on my diet to help me loose 10lb by the end of the month
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I am going to stop buying mixed nuts again for a month.

They slow my fat burning since they are so calorie laden and easy to snarf down.

I will go back to celery and low fat cream cheese or yogurt based dips as a snack.

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Do some sort movement everyday, walks if i can but can do some arm weights if needed in the hhouse when it is downpouring out there
  • LuanaBean
    LuanaBean Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Add fresh veg juices that I juice myself.
  • jambinz
    jambinz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I plan to walk every day in June. Varying distances and terrain. 30 to 60 minutes. Wish me luck!
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Nothing I really want to change in terms of diet and exercise. But I do have way too much STUFF and would love to declutter. I'll use this thread to guilt myself into selling a bunch of crap on ebay. :)
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I have a cruise the first week of July, and I would like to be 155 for then, but realistically, this won't happen. I am currently 160 and a slow loser. In order to help expedite this process and know I've don't EVERYTHING I can do, I am going to log EVERYTHING every day and take a picture of the food I am eating even if it's just one pecan. I'm hoping that having to pull my camera out every time I want one pecan will deter me from mindless snacking. Only water and non-caloric beverages and gum will be left out.
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I just started today so my goal is to keep it up through the end of June and hopefully be down 15 lbs by July 1!
  • Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Walked 4.5km today. Good start so far. :)
  • 71MissKelly
    71MissKelly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No diet coke! Exercise 3-4 days per week.
  • mominstands
    mominstands Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    This has nothing to do with diet, but this is the month I've decided to stop smoking. Today is my quit day. This thread will help to keep me accountable. That is my change for June to become smoke free :o
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Of course there would be a tornado warning on the first day of my "walk the dogs every day" challenge.

But, it passed. And we did get out. One of my dogs pushed himself a little too hard. He tore up his pad on his paw trying to run on the streets. It's clearly been too long. But, that's happened before. I know he's going to be ready and eager to go again tomorrow. We'll just have to take it slow and only do short walks at first.

pk05sskisq0m.jpg
  • AreteAndWhimsy
    AreteAndWhimsy Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Still struggling with water retention. I'm going to log all water as if it were a food item.
  • jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My June goal is to not eat all the sugar ladden items I usually eat. No kitkats, cookies, chocolates and limit the alcohol.
This discussion has been closed.