Just One June - June 1 (Initial Check-In)

Options

Replies

• Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    boz2004 wrote: »
    This has nothing to do with diet, but this is the month I've decided to stop smoking. Today is my quit day. This thread will help to keep me accountable. That is my change for June to become smoke free :o

This is the best gift you can give yourself. Stick with it, you will get through it :smile:

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I broke the ice with my first weight lifting session since March, and the first since starting LCHF. Started with previous deload weight and did shorter reps and sets. I was a shaky mass of jello when I was done, but feels good. lol.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've had almond flour, chocolate, and a couple slices of cooked onions. No reflux so far. I have had a LOAD of cheese, something I'd mostly avoided last month. I'm happy to say that, while my weight is up slightly (many factors, including sharking), my 'bouncing' mean has stayed below the latest mini-goal of 150!

Also I tried tarragon and I don't like it. :P
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give up liquor for the month of June. I usually have a drink or two on the weekends, but I'm really trying to reach a very important goal, and since drinking slows down burning fat until all the liquor is burned off, I'm thinking giving it up may speed up the progress .
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Water, water everywhere...and every drop I'll drink! lol
    Just one June: 64 oz. daily
  • bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am going to make the effort to get to the gym and work out at least 1 hour 3 times a week this month! Also try to keep my carbs under 20 nets carbs a day, but not to fear fiber carbs because I've noticed my body isn't happy with it!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    This has nothing to do with diet, but this is the month I've decided to stop smoking. Today is my quit day. This thread will help to keep me accountable. That is my change for June to become smoke free :o

Yay! Giving up cigarettes is SO HARD! But you've got this, and you will thank yourself pretty quickly when you suddenly find yourself able to breathe clearly, exert yourself without panting, and actually smell and taste things again. :smiley:
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I added another--prompted by @AngInCanada I am doing the 30-Day High Intensity Interval Training Challenge posted here on MFP. One day down, 29 to go (I haven't done today's yet)! This is going from absolutely no physical activity whatsoever aside from walking up the stairs to my second-floor apartment with a toddler and a preschooler in my arms. :)
  • francinayoung
    francinayoung Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello all new to the group. Not sure how to do low carbs. But definitely need to lower my carb in-take.
    Now for this on the I will build up my walking to 45 mins. And 2 miles in that time.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    No scale till July 1st! Work on my bat wings 5 times a week! and HIIT like a girl!
  • Jeffnjo
    Jeffnjo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am going to try to get 14000 steps a day & ride my bike for at least 40 miles this month.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'm out. My original statement this year was to stay challenge free as I tend to obsess about results rather than health. Again, this has proven true. The very goals I've set and started achieving easily for about 2 weeks before starting this have become obsessive thoughts for me, making me more likely to binge and essentially "act a fool." So for my own safety, sanity, and health, I'm out of this challenge. Looking forward to seeing success from everyone else without broken wiring! LOL
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I'm going to not eat things that make me sick. Crazy talk, I know.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get my 3 workouts in a week. It's so rewarding when I do it and so easy once I get in the habit.
  • MemphisMaven
    MemphisMaven Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm working towards the Atkin's Induction phase. I'm having difficulties staying on it. I also am trying to do 10k steps.

Thank you for starting the thread.
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Done my 10,000 steps every day so far. In fact yesterday I did 20,000!
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Done my 10,000 steps every day so far. In fact yesterday I did 20,000!

Nice! My dog and I are always happy to get in our 10K+/day. :)

I sold something on eBay this week. I need to list more. I find that ebay requires as much momentum as diet and exercise. They are all habits that need to be sustained.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I think I've completely failed at this point. I've walked the dogs twice. It's poured every afternoon, after work, and the end of the school year took a lot out of me. It's exhausting. Oh well. I'll walk them most days.

I think I am going to do no dairy for the rest of the month. I've had cheese or other dairy every day everyday this month and I am up a kg on the scale. Now, I expect that. But, I am also a little congested today. And, I suspect it's related. So, goodbye dairy. Let's see how long I can last on this. It probably will be less than 72 hours. I am a sucker for dairy.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options

Congrats! I haven't found the courage to quit smoking yet. I do want to quit, but today is not the day.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Returning the low carb non animal sources to my life has not been comfortable. I am losing a lot of the benefits I was seeing last month during meativore May, including the fact that I appear to be on the mosquito radar again. Going to go back to what I had been doing in April before meativore May was in effect: mostly don't eat veggies or nut products, unless I really really want them.

I will say though, that almond butter saved my butt on Friday. So I'll probably carry the packets of Justin's in my purse for emergencies.
This discussion has been closed.