That first game that made you a gamer.

Options

Replies

• cosmiqrecovery
    cosmiqrecovery Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    diablo the first, heroes of might and magic 3, mario party... i wasn't lacking for variety at five.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    damn that's a tough question lol

I got a Genesis when I was young so Sonic 1 was really big for me
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Jumpman on Commodore 64, I'd say Doom on the PC was also a adding factor. Ultima Online was my first MMORPG, though I didn't like it, it lead to Everquest for me.
  • upchur35
    upchur35 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Pokemon Red version, I still remember the day I beat the elite 4.
  • AlixStark
    AlixStark Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Initially, A Link to the Past. I wasn't very good at it, and I couldn't get past the second temple, but I loved it so much I kept restarting it and playing up to the second temple, then quitting and starting again.

When I turned 12 or 13 I became much "too cool" for video games, so I didn't play them again until my boyfriend introduced me to FF8 when I was 15. I was so hooked. He let me borrow an extra Playstation he had, and I would stay up all night playing and sleep through first period at school. I've since played all the other FF's, but VIII will always have a special place in my heart.
  • fattybattyy
    fattybattyy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well when I was a kid, Rollercoaster Tycoon was the *kitten*. Then when I had enough money to buy a gameboy, I got Pokemon Red, Zelda: Links Awakening, and Bionic Commando. Those were my faves.
  • msalamun
    msalamun Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Not sure which game turned me into a "gamer" so to say. Played many in my younger days and have kinda just continued since. My first game EVER was Super Mario World on the SNES - that I do remember vividly, my parents getting the SNES as a Christmas present. That newfound love was soon followed up by Legend of Zelda: ALTTP on the Super Nintendo as well. But the one game I really couldn't stop playing as a kid that probably could most be responsible for turning me into a gamer would be Warcraft II.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    msalamun wrote: »
    Not sure which game turned me into a "gamer" so to say. Played many in my younger days and have kinda just continued since. My first game EVER was Super Mario World on the SNES - that I do remember vividly, my parents getting the SNES as a Christmas present. That newfound love was soon followed up by Legend of Zelda: ALTTP on the Super Nintendo as well. But the one game I really couldn't stop playing as a kid that probably could most be responsible for turning me into a gamer would be Warcraft II.

LOOK OUT

missed me
  • tlleopold13
    tlleopold13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think it was a Bard's Tale on a Tandy 1000 back in the mid 80's
  • tbird9702
    tbird9702 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We had an atari 1700 when I was a kid, and we played so many games on it. Two of my favorites was Adventure and Haunted House
  • eldunarya
    eldunarya Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Legend of Zelda was definitely the game that got me hooked. Anarchy Online was my gateway drug into the MMO universe, though.
  • mooo92
    mooo92 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    jazz jack rabbit, earthworm jim, road rash, lemmings
  • kikomansauce
    kikomansauce Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Probably with Pokemon, Donkey Kong on the Super Nintendo, and other smaller games on the Gameboy when I was like 4-8 years old. Then I kept playing a lot of MMORPGs(Maplestory, Mabinogi, etc.), lots of all the Harry Potter games, Call of Duty, Madden, and Battlefield(stole gameplay times from my brother's Xbox 360), kept on playing the Wii games... But I never actually realized and branded myself as a gamer.

Well, that all changed at around high school when I was introduced to Assassin's Creed 2 and Portal 2, HL2, and started talking about games 24/7. I play... a LOT of games lol. Oh yea, LoL too. That's when I turned into an actual "gamer".
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Way back in the '70s... Space Invaders - in the pub. :smiley:
  • dsneade
    dsneade Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Pac-Man on the Atari 2600...
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Aging myself but Asteriods on my dad's Atari computer was the first game to get me hooked, followed by Pac-man. Super Mario Bros got me into console gaming and Megaman into the idea of rpgs ( I didn't own the NES, my friend did and my parents refused to buy me one /firstworldprobs). I was also a first year World of Warcraft player.
  • worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I started with Mario Bros like most people but the early Megaman games were my favorites.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    tbh, I don't remember when I wasn't a gamer.

My dad was a nerd, and as soon as I could use a computer I was playing computer games. I remember playing the original prince of persia, frogger, some summer olympics game, pitfall, and a whole swathe of others that I can't remember the name of. I just remember using disks that were actually floppy, and having to know how to spell to load the game using command line.

I still remember my first windows games, and my first games that came on a cd - Privateer II, with actual video cutscenes that featured Clive Owen as the main character and Christopher Walken. To this day I constantly forget Clive Owen's name and just remember him as 'Lev Arris' from Privateer II
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,039 Member
    Options
    My first game ever was duck hunt but final fantasy 2 (final fantasy 4 ) changed everything for me and opened up a whole new world of gaming for me. I've since been in love with RPGs