You Might Be a Keto Dieter if.....

Options
124»

Replies

• GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You take small containers of heavy whipping cream to friends because you know they will offer you coffee
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    You consider bullet proof anything both breakfast and dessert some days.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Having butterfingers is no longer a metaphor...
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    Having butterfingers is no longer a metaphor...

That is awesome! How true....

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • britzen
    britzen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You may be a keto dieter if when harvesting your pigs, you are just as concerned with how much lard as bacon and loin you end up with, and know good quality lard costs as much or more than select cuts.
  • ldmoor
    ldmoor Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    ... you buy 10 pounds of butter at a time when it goes on sale.
    ... you get funny looks at the grocery store when you grab multiple quart cartons of heavy cream.
    ... you obsessively read every single label on processed food to find hidden carbs
    ... you start slicing veg in different ways to see if they 'dip' better to hold more so you can eat less veg.
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    ... if you are losing weight and people are shocked. ;)
    ... if you are losing weight by eating above 1,300 kcal and people look like they're going to faint from shock.
    ... if you avoid people that think that you need to starve in order to look and be healthy.
    ... if you get into a discussion about keto with a non keto-er that's also aiming to lose weight, they rebuff you and when you see them later they make snide comments about your WOL/WOE since you're losing weight and they're not. (*note granted there are many ways to lose weight, but keto is the best expecially if someone's stalled)
    ... if any type of meat is now the base to your meals instead of a carb.
    ... if you crave fats!
    ... if people start telling you how you're going to die of clogged arteries and other morbid ways.
    ... if eat you eat less food than your neighbor with a plate of SAD, but are full quicker and longer than them and their disbelief as they snack and you're still full.
    ... if you're keto adapted and you can't understand people that are addicted to sugars. That time was in a galaxy far far away. ;)
    ... if you keep a premade bacon/other preferred meat stash in your fridge for munchies.
    ... people stare in disgust as you eat. :smiley:
    ... if you can work out and still have more energy compared to the SAD/HCLF people around you.
    ... if you have to train your local restaurants and shops in keto friendly ways.
  • chloexoxmae
    chloexoxmae Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You might be a keto dieter if Psyllium husk is a twice a week routine.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    mcpostelle wrote: »
    ... if you are losing weight and people are shocked. ;)
    ... if you are losing weight by eating above 1,300 kcal and people look like they're going to faint from shock.
    ... if you avoid people that think that you need to starve in order to look and be healthy.
    ... if you get into a discussion about keto with a non keto-er that's also aiming to lose weight, they rebuff you and when you see them later they make snide comments about your WOL/WOE since you're losing weight and they're not. (*note granted there are many ways to lose weight, but keto is the best expecially if someone's stalled)
    ... if any type of meat is now the base to your meals instead of a carb.
    ... if you crave fats!
    ... if people start telling you how you're going to die of clogged arteries and other morbid ways.
    ... if eat you eat less food than your neighbor with a plate of SAD, but are full quicker and longer than them and their disbelief as they snack and you're still full.
    ... if you're keto adapted and you can't understand people that are addicted to sugars. That time was in a galaxy far far away. ;)
    ... if you keep a premade bacon/other preferred meat stash in your fridge for munchies.
    ... people stare in disgust as you eat. :smiley:
    ... if you can work out and still have more energy compared to the SAD/HCLF people around you.
    ... if you have to train your local restaurants and shops in keto friendly ways.

Loved every single one of these. *Likey-like* :smiley:
  • UMDavies
    UMDavies Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this thread!

You might be a keto dieter if... you feel uncomfortable reading the threads on the main boards because there's inevitably so many posts on 'I'm eating 1200 calories and not losing weight - I eat cereal for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and a 'healthy' pasta bake for supper, what am I doing wrong?' and you KNOW what they're doing wrong!
  • PasPlus
    PasPlus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    ... you always have enough energy to run down the street but no longer need 'granny naps'.
    ... you know the fat and carb content of every product in the supermarket...but have to keep it to yourself ;-)
    ... just the smell of a bakery as you walk past makes you feel nausea.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    JMOON0923 wrote: »
    ...you eat a chunk of butter while you sit across your sister in law, who is a Certified Diabetes Educator/Nutritionist
    :o

Haha! Just found this group today. These are terrific! And I would have loved to be there to see this! Hee hee.
  • Thurley160
    Thurley160 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You might be a keto dieter if you waste bucket is littered with little sticks with purple tips!

Lol my teenage daughter was worried I was trying to get pregnant and wasn't telling her when she saw the strips!
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Thurley160 wrote: »
    You might be a keto dieter if you waste bucket is littered with little sticks with purple tips!

Lol my teenage daughter was worried I was trying to get pregnant and wasn't telling her when she saw the strips!

Bahaha!!! That is HILARIOUS!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    :D LOL
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    ...your version of a Vegemite sambo is 2 pieces of cheese, but butter and vegemite between them
  • randiewilliams72
    randiewilliams72 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If you've reached the point where 18 eggs/week is not enough.

This! And that's just for me. I bought the 3 dozen pack today. Hopefully will make it through the next 7 days. lol.