You know you've changed your mindset when...

Options
13»

Replies

• JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Lol, what a fun thread. I think so differently than I used to. Sugar is poison to me. I'm horrified ppl are drinking 17 tsps of it in a bottle of Coke! I never used to think about it. Prolly why I'm diabetic! Reminds me of one of my favorite pins (Matrix). z7mezoznq79z.jpg
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    The cereal and potato chip aisles don't exist, for me, anymore!

Amen! Maybe two or three aisles do anymore. Perimeter shopping. Goes quicker, too!
  • winninglosing43
    winninglosing43 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You know you've changed your mind set when a handful of cocoa dusted almonds and tablespoon of cream cheese satisfies like the best dessert ever!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I had one the other day at the store, and I haven't even been at this very long. On one of those end caps, where they put things they want you to buy, there was a new kind of chocolate truffle. You know, those chocolates with the smooth creamy inside that sort of melts in your mouth... Well this one was s'mores variety. Graham cracker crumbs and mini-marshmallow bits on the outside. I looked at that and it had NO appeal to me. I was kind of shocked actually because I still do eat a piece of Dove dark chocolate sometimes. But that truffle just looked so rich and so sugary (I mean, it had to be 100% sugar, lol) that I just didn't want it. :)

A friend posted about these "s'mores cones" things. It was a cool idea -- you take waffle cones and put chocolate and marshmallows inside, wrap the whole thing in foil and stick in the campfire for a few minutes. The result is a cone of molten sugar.

Back in the day, I've have at least tried one. Now, just looking at the image about made me gag.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Never liked butter either... ;)

YAY!!! I finally met someone like me who doesn't like butter. I have to leave the room when I see someone spreading it on something in its unmelted state. Gag reflex galore.

I can tolerate watching someone eat after it's melted, but the wafting odor. That butter stank. More gagging...

I just try to keep myself in butter free zones whenever possible.
    My DH had to wash his mustache before kissing me if he had butter, just ewwww. Partly why he shaved it after having it for over 35 years, hahahah!
    Good to meet the 'one' other person who thinks butter is gross, lol. I've always loved the crispiness of warm dry toast...

• camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    You look around for something to sop up the grease left in the burger pan. And bread won't do!

You lick the bowl that had the guacamole in it so none is wasted. yum!
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I found myself at the nearest Wal-Mart (we're on vacation) looking at the center-cut bacon, thinking "nah, it doesn't have the fatty ends on it".

I'm sure you guys have had moments like that. Let's hear 'em!

Oh my goodness, you and I seem to be in sync, because i started with this the other day too. Ive always searched for the leanest packs of bacon i could find and now i'm specifically looking for the ones with plenty of nice fatty bits. I used to HATE fat before and now my favorite bit is the crispy fat. Strange how quickly your tastes change when you get into keto.

Not entirely true, I still want the meatiest bacon and cut those 'useless' end fat bits off after a year & half. I prefer the taste of meat to the taste of hot grease. Never liked butter either... ;)

I hate soggy fat but i loooove me some crispy fat on bacon. Nom nom nom.

• CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    When you actually don't mind seeing the fat covering the shredded beef you made the night before. I never had a fear of eating fat, but the sight of it grossed me out and I'd scrape it off. Now I don't really care... just heat it up, I know it's what will fill me up!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yes, leaving the meat drippings in the pan! Not putting the bacon on paper towels, after cooking, to soak up the fat!