Introduce Yourself Geek!

Options

Replies

• fat_harrie
    fat_harrie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh well, just seen the dates from the last replies...
  • JerusalemsCross
    JerusalemsCross Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 43, female, married with 2 boys and 2 dogs. We have no cable and 3 Xbox 360 consoles in the house. Currently I am a Destiny dame. I also enjoy Assassin's Creed and such.

I was down 58 pounds thanks to MFP, but up 5 since January! Now that there's a bit of sun and warmth, I'm getting back on track. I'm looking for friends - both MFP and Xbox - come walk and play Destiny with me! My name on Xbox is JerusalemsCross - but let me know you're from MFP!
  • EarthshakerFirst
    EarthshakerFirst Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. : D

I'm 21, female, and a college student. I play a lot of Dota 2, CSGO, and RPGS. I'm currently playing through chrono trigger a third time because it one of the few games my dying computer can handle.

I am about 182 right now and I'm trying to lose about 65-70 pounds. I want to be back at my lowest weight since hitting puberty.
  • LotusLavender
    LotusLavender Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Heya =)

i'm Lavender, 26 yrs old and i live in Germany.
    My favorite Games are: World of Warcraft (HORDE, RP-PVP), UT, Halo, Bioshok, FF, Pokemon, all kind of Retro Stuff...well and much much more.
    I lost 23lbs...just a few more to go...
    Sports: Ballett, Yoga, Pilates, Running....and i startetd lifting weights! -III----III- <3

Glad to be here...i'd never had expect to find a group like this. :)

GLHF Lavender

PS: Sorry for my bad english grammar...as i said...i'm from Germany.
  • sgboutain
    sgboutain Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Steven 26 years old male trying to lose 200+. I enjoy all video games psn and xbox gamertag sgbmercer
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My story's pretty simple. I'm 25, got a 5 week old son, and my weakness are online RP for white wolf and skyrim. Hubby's more of an avid gamer than I am, but we've got pc and ps3. Right now I'm looking to lose 30 more pounds since I lost my baby weight already. My work out usually involves dragging the baby along on walks or using his 10 pound butt as a dumbell for squats. He doesn't complain. Lol
  • Kman4evah
    Kman4evah Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kris. I'm a Traige agent for AT&T, so I get to be on the computer a lot haha.
    I'm a very avid computer gamer (WoW, LoL, Hearthstone, and HotS), but I play the XB1 on occasion (Madden mostly, although I have Shadow of Mordor and the Master Chief Collection).
    I'm currently at my target WEIGHT (220), but nowhere near my target body. 25% fat currently, and I want to get down to where I can see my abs like I could in middle school/early high school.
    I didn't know there was a gamer group on here, but I'm really glad I found it!
    Kkman4evah is my gamertag on Xbox, and I play on Blackwater Raiders for all the WoW players (Alliance FTW)
  • 5cals
    5cals Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Amy I'm 25 I'm of the female variety.
    I don't rp or larp mostly because I'm not creative lol.
    I play mmorpgs mostly currently final fantasy 14!
    I started my weight loss adventure at 170 got down to 130 some bad *kitten* happened and I've been steadily gaining for the last two years and I'm back at 160. So I'm just starting over again. Dx
    I burn easily no beaches for me. :tongue:
  • upchur35
    upchur35 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm Daniel, Male, 24.
    I grew up known as "the fat kid" I've been losing weight up and down over the past 3 years. I am currently 40lbs down from my heaviest with 60lbs to go. I love all types of games although I wouldn't say i'm particularly brilliant at any of them. Historically I've never been much of an online player because one can only take so much asskicking before the controller goes through the tv. I am a sucker for a good storyline and do like to think i'm quite the pokemon master (or at least was a few gens ago) I was also a massive Yugioh and Magic fan when I was younger.
  • tbird9702
    tbird9702 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Who are you!
    Tonya

Age?

Female or male?
    Female

RP?
    not yet

LARP?
    perhaps, haven't yet

What are your weightloss goals?!
    Get back in shape to do the things I love- running, hiking, mountain biking...
    Also want to lose weight and firm up so I don't look ridiculous in the cosplay I have in mind

How many pounds have you lost?
    Not enough ;) Close to 20 at this point

Walk on the Beach?
    Oh absolutely. I love the ocean!
  • eldunarya
    eldunarya Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm Kayluh. Female, 23 years old, from Canada. Right now I'm roughly around the 200 lbs mark, standing at 5'4". Ideally, my goal is to get down to 140 lbs. I'm single and patiently waiting to meet my nerdy other half. :)

All things geeky: I get way too addicted to MMOs. I played Anarchy Online for years and years, but have since migrated over to Guild Wars 2. I do enjoy RPGs and FPS from time to time, usually on a Playstation as my console of choice. Although Legend of Zelda is still my all time favorite game, with Kingdom Hearts being a close runner-up. (And we can't forgot Pokémon!)

I'm also a huge cosplay fan. Been cosplaying for about 3 years now and have done many different costumes. X23 has got to be my favourite, she's always been my top Marvel hero and go-to cosplay.

Comic books! Marvel all the way. I'm pretty big into X-Men and Avengers. The Marvel cinematic universe makes me scream like a bloody fangirl, always exciting to see how everything plays together, even if it does stray from the comics.

Guess that's it for now!
  • theycallmearth
    theycallmearth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm Arth. 32 years old and aiming to lose around 50 pounds. Weight loss plan consists of healthy eating and exercise. Sounds simple enough, my only problem is consistency.

Not sure of my level of geekdom but here goes: I play Guild Wars 2, love Star Trek(TNG is my favorite) and Star Wars.

If anyone wants to add me to discuss fitness goals or geek stuff, feel free.
  • bradymartineau
    bradymartineau Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm Brady
    Male
    Role play twice a week, never Larped but it looks fun
    I love me some rpgs and games with cool art designs
    I'm looking to lose 25ish pounds
    I've just started
    I have never walked on the beach or been to one
    But you know details
  • LisannevdL
    LisannevdL Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Lisanne, a 26-year-old female from The Netherlands. I'm a web designer/developer, meaning I don't get to move much during the day. I ended up gaining quite a bit of weight during my first 2 years on the job so it was time for a change. I've lost 7kg so far and want to lose at least 7 more.

I'm for Sony all the way, spending quite a bit of hours beating baddies and hunting trophies on my PS3, 4 and Vita. My favourite genre is (MMO)RPG or pretty much anything with a good story and lots for me to see and discover. Right now I'm finishing up Ni No Kuni on the PS3 and playing Final Fantasy XIV on the 4.
  • kikomansauce
    kikomansauce Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Who are you!
    I'm Annie.

Age?

Female or male?
    Female

RP?
    Sure. Never done any, but larping/cosplaying might be fun. League? 400.

What are your weightloss goals?!
    Slim down in size and still eat a lot.

How many pounds have you lost?
    Eh. Like 1lb.

Walk on the Beach?
    Ya sure.

I like any every and any games... Mostly RPG. But other games are fun too. I like Valve... And other things. Yep.
  • Ragebeksmachine3030
    Ragebeksmachine3030 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm Bek, female (in case my name didn't give that away). I'm 27 and I'm from Sydney, Australia.
    I'm 6ft tall and I have 46kgs more to lose. I've so far lost 8kgs.
    I wasn't much of a gamer until I met my husband who I've been married to for 6 years now. Gradually over the years I've become more and more hooked. Now I game daily. Most of my gaming is done on PC and Xbone. We have two Xbone consoles and tv's set up in the house so we can play online together/against each other. And two PC's side by side. We still get reeled into playing WoW every time a new expansion is released. Skyrim ftw. Currently playing a lot of Diablo on console.
    Never done any LARPing before, but would love to give it a go!
    And yes to beaches. LOVE. Will love more when I have the hot bod to go with it ;)
  • LisannevdL
    LisannevdL Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm Bek, female (in case my name didn't give that away). I'm 27 and I'm from Sydney, Australia.
    I'm 6ft tall and I have 46kgs more to lose. I've so far lost 8kgs.
    I wasn't much of a gamer until I met my husband who I've been married to for 6 years now. Gradually over the years I've become more and more hooked. Now I game daily. Most of my gaming is done on PC and Xbone. We have two Xbone consoles and tv's set up in the house so we can play online together/against each other. And two PC's side by side. We still get reeled into playing WoW every time a new expansion is released. Skyrim ftw. Currently playing a lot of Diablo on console.
    Never done any LARPing before, but would love to give it a go!
    And yes to beaches. LOVE. Will love more when I have the hot bod to go with it ;)

Haha, that sounds like me and my boyfriend, but with Playstations instead. Got a dual-TV setup in the living room so we can both play :D
  • sarahkins88
    sarahkins88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Sarah & I'm 26 from the UK. I have played a lot of games but my favourite at the moment is league of legends - I also play world of Warcraft, minecraft & the sims when I'm feeling particularly girly!!! I have so far lost 10lbs however this progress has been very slow - I have lost that this year however if I can lose 20-30lbs by the end of the year I'll be really happy with that! I'm happily engaged & am just trying to lose some weight to feel more confident in myself - please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Beitriis
    Beitriis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm Bee, 26, From Atlantic Canada. (Woo Maritimes!)

I havent been doing much gaming lately other than wii fit if that counts but when I had the means I loved RPG and FPS type games. Skyrim, Call of Duty, GTA stuff like that. I play some race games like Forza.. I prefer PC for some games and Console for others. I like card and board games like Catan and MTG, dont mind some d&d but Im not too good at vocal roleplay.I dont think I would be too good at LARP for that reason.

I haven't lost any weight yet and I just started really working on trying to lose recently.
    Id like to lose maybe 80-100ibs, Im more happy with just finding a weoght I feel comfortable in my own skin moreso than a number though.
    I also have a friend who does all this with me and its been great motivation and I know we can push each other to keep going when we dont want to while having a great laugh along the way.

I'm super open to friend requests and welcome anyone :smile:

• nerdygymrat9
    nerdygymrat9 Posts: 163 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone! My nams is Frans and I am 21 years old. Currently, I am going into my senior year of college and I am a Psychology major (double major with Criminal Justice but Psychology is my main passion). Found this group when browsing MFP and thought I would definitely join since I love video games :)

Not sure if I necessarily have a particular genre that I love but these are some of the games or series of games that I love/am obsessed with: Skyrim and Elder Scrolls Online (have not gotten to play in awhile but really enjoyed them), Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Age series (my current obsession), Mass Effect Series, and Final Fantasy X. Also have a Wii and Wii U so I love games like Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros Brawl (been playing these two game series since the Nintendo 64 haha).

I lost about 40 pounds towards the end of high school just before I turned 18 but sort of messed up during my college years so I fluctuated about 20-25 pounds up and down. Currently cutting after bulking for about 4.5 months (went a little too quickly in terms of gaining fat due to some family stuff) and I hope to achieve some decent definition before summer's end! Just started StrongLifts 5x5 and hope that my strength skyrockets over the next couple of months!