Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Cortelli wrote: »
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Let's all take a moment to pay respect to our recently banned group leader, @MrM27. It really is a sad, sad day on the forums when people are banned for being blunt and not backing down.

Banned for good, or just for a little while? I guess I should go creep his page and look for a rant. :frowning:

Banned for good, and this is creating quite the stir as there is a theory that the ban was initiated by and pushed for by certain members of the Low Carb Group. I don't know all the details as I really try to stay out of all the MFP politics. I just like my ice cream and wine, and I like truthful people who are grounded in logic and science, especially those who mix in a healthy dose of sarcasm. That's why I like all of you so much!

Hmmm . . . banned from the public forums, or Groups, too, or everything to do with MFP? Seems silly.

ETA: That Hokey Pokey sounds really intriguing.

Since the "upgrade" they can no longer delineate between groups and the main forums; total ban from the "community" section.

That freaking stinks! :confounded:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I just ran over to Dairy Queen for one of the salted caramel truffle blizzards-- highly recommend. It has a chocolate base, chocolate covered caramel truffles, chocolate shavings, and toffee pieces. Thought I was imagining the toffee at first but I googled and I was right.

That was one of the flavors I (shouldn't have) got(ten) when I was in FL. I loved that one, and the French Silk, too.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Mr. Acrylics is home. :D So we went out to dinner and for ice cream. The little shop where we went as Haagen Dazs and this is the birthday cake flavor:

It was really good. I loved the frosting swirl. Much better than the Breyers version I tried.

I wish I'd read this before I bought the Breyers. I don't normally buy Breyers, but my Walmart sucks when it comes to ice cream brands. Turkey Hill's Birthday Cake was good, but someone ate it before I could get a second taste.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Mr. Acrylics is home. :D So we went out to dinner and for ice cream. The little shop where we went as Haagen Dazs and this is the birthday cake flavor:

It was really good. I loved the frosting swirl. Much better than the Breyers version I tried.

I wish I'd read this before I bought the Breyers. I don't normally buy Breyers, but my Walmart sucks when it comes to ice cream brands. Turkey Hill's Birthday Cake was good, but someone ate it before I could get a second taste.

Mr Acrylics likes it so you might. I'm not a big fan of Breyers-- there's really only one of their flavors I'll eat and I have to be in the mood for it.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    RXBgJsG.jpg?1

I had been thinking about this since my last trip to HEB so I picked it up on Monday. The base is creamy and the strawberry swirl is nice. I only wish there were more bits of cake because they were soft and delicious. I'll definitely pick up their peach cobbler after I've finished this.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow & Sunday is our local Ice Cream Festival. I'm trying to talk hubby into going. We've gone before but 2 years ago it was a bit lacking. Looking at it this year it seems like there's alot more vendors. I think it's becoming bigger now since it's been on food network and stuff.

http://rockwoodicecream.com/

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Tomorrow & Sunday is our local Ice Cream Festival. I'm trying to talk hubby into going. We've gone before but 2 years ago it was a bit lacking. Looking at it this year it seems like there's alot more vendors. I think it's becoming bigger now since it's been on food network and stuff.

I wouldn't even know where to start...
  • Ninkyou
    Options

Saw this earlier and I was like "Another new flavor?!!" but was disappointed when I saw it was just CCCD renamed. I do love the message though. Today was an epic day for love.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Saw this earlier and I was like "Another new flavor?!!" but was disappointed when I saw it was just CCCD renamed. I do love the message though. Today was an epic day for love.

I saw the "renames" in the URL when it popped up on my Facebook so I was just wondering which flavor it was. I'd love to see a new flavor though.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Ahh take tons of pictures. Seems like a lot of vendors & agreed I wouldn't know where to start.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I've been out of things for a couple of months, as far as keeping up with any of my groups. I didn't really "catch up" but I wanted to check in.

@ILiftHeavyAcrylics I don't know if I ever reported on Talenti's Strawberry (right now I can't think of the full name). I liked it. Lots of strawberry flavor, but a good creamy base.

I have also tried a few Hagaan Daas gelato flavors. Carmelized banana chip was okay, but a bit too much chocolate mix ins, it overwhelmed the banana flavor. I would have really loved Sea Salt Caramel, except I've already had Talenti's. HD didn't have mix-ins for theirs, and it wasn't quite as delicious. Black Cherry Amaretto was good; I don't usually care for cherry mix-ins but these had a good flavor, and overall it was delicious. And the Strachiatella was really good. It's a lot like chocolate chip, but better :innocent:

I have decided that I definitely prefer gelato to ice cream in most cases. (Breyers is an exception. I like their ice cream better than their gelato). Thanks all for introducing me to my new love :blush:
  • Ninkyou
    edited June 2015
    Options
    So the ice cream festival was pretty rainy today, but otherwise it was good. There was definitely way more vendors than 2 years ago, which was the last time I went. Overall, it was a good time.

We got there and immediately went to the Yuengling, I told DH about it and he was like, sweet. So it was our first stop after a pit stop at the bouncy house for #1 Daughter. We were surprised because it was only $1 a scoop. I got Chocolate Marshmallow. It was creamy, for sure. A nice standard flavor.
    20150627_111934.jpg

Then we stopped over at a local gelato place called Cafe Gelato. #1 daughter got strawberry gelato with a small topping of peach. Hers was 2 scoops and $4. I taste tested their Cookie Dough and their Straciatella. They were ok but I'm glad I didn't actually buy any scoops of them.
    20150627_112327.jpg

We decided we wanted some real food so I split a single burger from Jake's Wayback burgers and a sausage & pepper sandwich from Tutto Fresco with hubby.

After being waylaid by The Movement's 'Let it Go' performance we decided MOAR ice cream!! So we went back to Yuengling and I got the Black & Tan. WOW. SO EFFING GOOD. Talk about creamy. It was a caramel and chocolate. So so good. If you get the opportunity, get it.

20150627_123529.jpg

Then I saw a Gourmet Ice cream sandwich place and was like, yes please! I got Banana's Foster. It was good. Very gourmet for sure.

20150627_125829.jpg

So yeah, it was a good time. I'm glad we went!

20150627_120033.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    That sounds fun!

Yes I do like the Yuengling black and tan a lot (and so does my daughter, she ate 90% of the container).
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I just picked up the Yuengling black and tan today, along with something called Nana's Banana Pudding from the Carolina Creamery and Harris Teeter's house brand with cookie dough and brownies.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Thanks for the strawberry review @mathjulz

@Ninkyou that ice cream sandwich would be a huge hit with Mr. Acrylics. Also that is one stinkin' cute baby. <3
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    That sounds like an amazing little festival. I wish I could get Yuengling down here.
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    Thanks for the strawberry review @mathjulz

@Ninkyou that ice cream sandwich would be a huge hit with Mr. Acrylics. Also that is one stinkin' cute baby. <3

Aww, thanks :) Inflate my ego more, please. lol

The ice cream sandwich was very good. The outside reminded me of like a sugar cookie/snickerdoodle.
    I found the place that made them has a website too. So anyone in the PA/DE/NJ area might want to check them out.
    http://www.iswichgourmet.com/ice-cream-sandwiches/

So anyone looking for ideas to make your own... this is a good place to go, lol.