Like Minded Lushes - July 2015

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
Wow! It's July already. Time for fireworks, sunshine and libations to cool off with. I am looking forward to the holiday.

Replies

• rjadams
    Options
    Last night was a bit of vodka and diet Sunkist lemon. I slept well in spite of the heat.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Could possible be baby month for me! Woo-hoo! I have been craving beer big time!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    WOW Chloe, that went fast!!!!!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Hot and dry in the PacNW. Not looking forward to the wildland fires this weekend. Need a zero tonight!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked in here for awhile!
    Friday=2 drinks, I had a couple of glass of wine.
    Saturday=5 drinks, I had three beers at a birthday party, a beer with dinner and one after Jurassic World.
    Sunday=0 drinks, I felt like I needed to give it a rest
    Monday=3 beers, one of them was a 16 oz.
    Tuesday=0
    I don't know about tonight, my allergies have been so bad, I am not sure if drinking makes it worse because it is a sort of vasodilater. Not that I am any better for having abstained last night!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Hi Chloe! It doesn't seem like it's been 9 months!
    I stuck with the 0 last night and should have another tonight but may end up caving. I'm enjoying the scale inching downward though...so maybe I'll hold out.
    Sun-0
    Monday-1 glass wine
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0??
    It's humid here...and we don't do humid. I don't know how all you east coasters can stand the heat AND humidity. It makes me cranky. I think our normal weather will be back for the weekend though...looking forward to spending time up at the cousins house. There will be lots of food, drinks and partying. :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Where is this year going?!

Husband's boss told them to take tomorrow off and they already had Friday off so I have a 4 day weekend with husband <3:)

Too much lushing last night but was good in the food and exercise department. Hoping to get a workout in later.

Happy July! :drinker:
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Happy July everyone!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July!! We leave tomorrow for the Lake of the Ozarks!! WOO HOO!!! Lots of drinks will be had! :):)
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Have a great time Bridget...good luck with the family!!!!!

Kat-I am totally wishing my boss either gives us off or a half day tomorrow...one can hope, right :wink: Lenny is off tomorrow and friday too...super jelly!!!!!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Kate!!! I've just got to remind myself to keep calm. Sometimes I let my anxiety get the best of me.

Kat, enjoy your 4 day weekend with your hubby!! Those are always the best!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Sunday-0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 16oz Shocktop. We went to our minor league baseball teams game and baseball is like grilling : you have to drink while doing it.
    So I'll probably drink tonight too. I almost got 3 in a row.....
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-2 corona lights
    Tuesday-2 vodka tonics
    Wednesday-3 cherry vodka/sprite zeros

So much for drying out this week....oh well....there shall me more tonight. Tomorrow, we will be binge watching Game of Thrones and Saturday bbq in my brothers neighbor hood. Sunday, relaxation BABY!!!!! So excited!!!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    My husband took today off. I was so jealous last night. I just can't afford the time because of my trip to NYC in September. It was hot last night so not too good sleeping even with some Vodka help. we are breaking records with the heat. I am looking forward to some cooler weather but it isn't any where on the horizon. I plan to be a total wine lush this weekend. Man, I wish I was home with the hubs right now.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 1
    Wednesday - 2 beers (312) and 3 margaritas at the neighbor's = 5. Eric texted me at 5:30 and said our neighbors invited us down for margaritas. So we went.

Going to try to take it somewhat easy tonight. We have plans for fireworks at a friend's condo complex Friday and our neighbors have a party and set off tons of big fireworks each year Saturday, so that'll be fun. I'll pick up a bottle of wine to have with our steaks and maybe have martini before and maybe a beer after for tonight. 4 seems to be the tipping point for me. I'm a little sluggish today because I had 5 last night.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I can't believe how warm you guys are up there Robin! Our humid weather finally broke and we're back to our usual 70-80 degree pleasant temps with ocean breezes. :)
    I had wine last night but stayed within calories. My weight is back down to where it was last summer before all the vacations and crazy eating and drinking. Let's see if I can avoid gaining this summer.
    We're off to LA for the weekend. Hope everyone has a great holiday! :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    well it was a lushy weekend. On Saturday I finally found some Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka and I drank that all day with diet Sunkist lemon. Then Sunday I juiced half a watermelon and froze some watermelon cubes and drank vodka and water melon all day. I am feeling it this morning. I hope you all had a great 4th. We are expecting weather in the 90's again this week. I am not happy.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Lushy sums up my weekend.

Thursday: had 2 dirty martinis before dinner. Then we drank a bottle of rose' and a liter of white. Eric had a couple glasses, my neighbor had a couple glasses, but I suspect I drank 5 glasses. = 7
    Friday: 8 beers. I don't want to even think about the calories consumed as I had a wide variety.
    Saturday: 6 glasses of wine and a beer.
    Sunday: 2 gin cucumber mint coolers.

I'm drying out till Thursday. Then we have a friend in town till Monday or Tuesday, so we'll be drinking all weekend again. I really want to try to not get drunk every night he's in town. After vacation and the past weekend I really am feeling the need to back off a bit. Eric and I are both going to schedule physicals soon. I reckon his liver enzymes will be high again. We both keep saying we need to drink less, but it doesn't happen. Maybe August will be our month! :)

I also need to make working out a priority again. I've been on and off since I've been back to work. I find when I am getting in regular workouts, my desire to drink is less and I just feel better physically and mentally.

Have a great week lushes!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Drank a lot too! Friday I lost count and we stayed up til 2am. That's a combination this old gal can no longer do. Saturday I drank a bit less and we were up til about 1. Yesterday I had 1 beer. Oh, did I mention that we ate a ton too? Oy. Must exercise.
    We're in the 70s here Robin...very cool for this time of year. Hope you get relief soon
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Thursday-Sunday= lots of :drinker: Had a great weekend though. I believe the in laws will be back from the shore today :grumble: :wink:
    Plan on drying out.....don't I always :laugh:
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    We hosted my mother's 80th birthday at our house. Being the host, and being sick with a chest cold, I ate light and didn't drink at all. We all had a wonderful time and got a chance to pay honor to a woman who put the needs of her six children ahead of her own. A very memorable time.