Fall '15 babies

Replies

• poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member

Roll Call:

summer8it (Summer), due 1 Sep, baby's gender unknown. Also have one son, age 12.

katiebrew (Katie), due Sept 22 (with C-Section scheduled for Sept 16) with a baby girl :). Also have one son, age 22 months.

NWright612 (Natalie), due October 27

JustAnotherGirlSuzanne (Suzanne), due October 23 with a baby boy. I also have a 12 month old girl.

Helenmelon29 (Helen), due 17 September with baby girl. Also have son, nearly 3 years

Rose, due Oct 23 (C-Section Oct 16), boy. Also have one son, age 2.

Poke987 (Alex) due Sept 18th scheduled c-section _____ (will determine at 28 week apt) with baby boy. Sons 5.5 and almost 3, full time bonus children 18, 15, 13.

• poke987
    @Summer8it glad they were able to take you! I'm sure that's a lot off your mind!

@helenmelon29 we didn't do a gift for the other children, but I do think for some kiddos it's a great idea!

I havn't gone for my glucose test yet. Both little boys have been sick. I'm going a bit stir crazy stuck at home! Getting lots of housework done, and lots of laying around watching movies too! I have my 28 week apt on friday, so I'd better get it done!
  • shannonlm8
    shannonlm8 Posts: 10 Member
    Roll Call:

summer8it (Summer), due 1 Sep, baby's gender unknown. Also have one son, age 12.

katiebrew (Katie), due Sept 22 (with C-Section scheduled for Sept 16) with a baby girl :). Also have one son, age 22 months.

JustAnotherGirlSuzanne (Suzanne), due October 23 with a baby boy. I also have a 12 month old girl.

Helenmelon29 (Helen), due 17 September with baby girl. Also have son, nearly 3 years

Shannon, due Oct 30 with baby boy. Our first little one :)
  • shannonlm8
    shannonlm8 Posts: 10 Member
    Haven't really been posting on here much... whoops!

@summer8it and @JustAnotherGirlSuzanne ... nice to hear about your hypnobirthing experiences! I am using the hypnobabies home study tapes and they are soooo relaxing. Even if I'm not able to use the techniques during birth for some reason I am loving listening to them and trying to learn the techniques. My husband falls asleep pretty much as soon as I turn them on, lol.
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Roll Call:

sarieth05 (Stephanie), due November 3rd, boy, first child.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Hi all

Just quick one. Had 28 week app. Blood pressure, urine, baby heart rate etc all ok. I'm measuring (with tape measure 1cm bigger) she said nothing to bother about tho. Had blood taken so wait results on that.

She first couldn't find heart beat (I could feel movement so wasn't worried ) - her batteries had gone in machine!!!

I go back next at 31 weeks. Gosh the weeks are flying by !

Helen
  • poke987
    edited June 2015
    Roll Call:

Poke987 (Alex) due Sept 18th, c-section scheduled TBD baby boy #3. Sons 5.5, almost 3 and fyll time bonus son 13 + bonus daughters 15 and 18
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Glad they were able to take you on Summer!

My husband came from a family of eight and every time a child was born he or she would "bring" the siblings something. Usually something little like a chocolate bar. Apparently it helps younger kids (2-5 maybe?) from being resentful of the new sibling stealing all the attention. Our little one will be 15 1/2 months so I'm not sure she will forgive the new baby just because he brought her a chocolate bar. Haha! Maybe a doll would be better so she can take care of her "baby" too.

I'm at 23 weeks tomorrow! Does anyone else feel like this is just flying by? I mean, we still have the entire summer to go!

My weight will likely be up tomorrow because I didn't drink much water today. I will weigh in on Saturday I think :)
  • helenmelon29
    Glad they were able to take you on Summer!

My husband came from a family of eight and every time a child was born he or she would "bring" the siblings something. Usually something little like a chocolate bar. Apparently it helps younger kids (2-5 maybe?) from being resentful of the new sibling stealing all the attention. Our little one will be 15 1/2 months so I'm not sure she will forgive the new baby just because he brought her a chocolate bar. Haha! Maybe a doll would be better so she can take care of her "baby" too.

I'm at 23 weeks tomorrow! Does anyone else feel like this is just flying by? I mean, we still have the entire summer to go!

My weight will likely be up tomorrow because I didn't drink much water today. I will weigh in on Saturday I think :)

Yep its defo flying by! I just keeping thinking its Isaac's 3rd birthday in august then Im nearly due! Not long at all!

Think Isaac will like a present as he old enough to think its off the baby for being the best big brother. Think your little one is a bit young. Her 'own baby' doll might be nice though. I can see if you have more kids its expensive and want to just a little present/nothing. Also adding one to a family of 4 or 5 is poss less change for them than adding one to a single child?

Isaac had his 4th nursery/school visit yesterday for starting in September. He likes it so hoping he will be ok when I have to leave him. Hoping baby isnt early then can get him settled first. (Due 17th and he starts on 7th).

Nothing else to report here.

Have a good day
    Helen

• poke987
    Yes, the school transition will be interesting for sure! Our littlest starts prek, and wes starts kindergarten... Both will likely be fine... but it worries me still! Ill have about 10 days tonget them onto a schedule before baby comes. Im hopeful we get that full stretch and not an early arrival! The older kids are all good, our 8th grader will be transitioning to the high school building, which could be stressful but he's pretty easy going so I hope for no issues.

Had my 28 week apt today. Glucose test came back fine, heartbeat and measurements were good. Scheduling done for Sept 14th section. Hubby decided he didn't feel comfortable choosing the 11th (which I was fine with... but felt I should honor his concern and this gives little one a few extra days to cook! My parents will stay with the kids as they will have school. Liked the idea of friday better than Monday but he was pretty insistent he didn't want the 11th ) made my next apt for 3 week instead of 2... just don't feel like it is necessary to keep going in... everything going smoothly and Dr was comfortable with that so we will do an extra week in between.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Yay for good results with your glucose test, poke! :)
  • poke987
    Thanks! My little guys turns 3 today, we had his party yesterday and I ate all the food. And the abandon seems to have spilled over into today too... lots of snacks and nibbles leftover and friends who couldn't come yesterday coming for dinner tonight... cant seem to control myself. tomorrow I start again!
  • helenmelon29
    Poke - glad all went well. Its a week since my 28 week bloods and havent heard anything so guessing ok (Its mainly iron I thought might be low), I will just hear about my results at 31 weeks unless they contact me with any issues.

Oh hope he had a good birthday, We are going to have a little party at my mum and dads house for Isaac as going to get a bouncy castle and wont fit in our garden. Im only going to make food for the kids (so not much) plus some birthday cake. I will still eat away though!

I am 17lb up. But defo gained all round. Hoping to keep under 28lb (which is 2 stone) but we will see!

At last we have a bit of warmer weather (about 20 degrees C), doubt it will last long!

Nothing else to report. Went to my Pilates class yesterday and enjoyed that.

Helen

• KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Roll Call:

Poke987 (Alex) due Sept 18th, c-section scheduled TBD baby boy #3. Sons 5.5, almost 3 and fyll time bonus son 13 + bonus daughters 15 and 18

KristenE83 (Kristen) due Oct 22nd with twin boys, can't go past Oct 8th but docs will take them via c-sec anytime after 34 weeks should "anything" arise. Also have 4 year old son.

Hey Everyone!!!! I was on vaca last week and am just getting back in the swing of things. I wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. So far I'm up 30 lbs (ugh lol) but It's all belly so I'm not concerned. My eating hasn't been perfect, but it's sure getting better (aside from the vaca food lol). I saw my wellness coach and told her I had a random strawberry ice cream craving last night... she reminded me I was prob low on sugar. I need to pay more attention to the cravings cuz that typically means I'm lacking something.

BTW I didn't even think to get my son anything for the birth but in reading this I definitely will. He's going to be the big brother of twin boys.. he deserves something. Especially since he's being so well behaved with my pregnancy. He tells me he already loves his brothers... lets hope that feeling stays lol
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    31 weeks today! I had my first midwife appointment yesterday, and even though the office was running super-slowly because they were having computer problems, I'm feeling very glad that I switched practices. The midwife was so much more thorough in going over my health history, talking to me about options, and overall just making me feel like I was getting CARE.

I had a busy weekend. Saturday morning I spent prepping for a houseguest, and then we drove 3 hours to a family reunion and 3 hours back, arriving home at 1am. Sunday I paid the price, and was really uncomfortable and had frequent contractions all day. Lesson learned -- no more long car trips, and I've got to make sure I get plenty of rest and plenty of water!
  • KristenE83
    edited July 2015
    @summer8it I've been finding that if I do "too much" I am really uncomfortable for the rest of that and the next day. Ugh I don't mentally feel ready to slow down but it appears to be necessary!

Edit... I forgot to ask another question (prego-brain)

Is anyone else feeling hungry all day?!?!? I've entered into this stage where I literally feel hunger 24/7. It's absurd! I have had certain points where I felt more hungry but this is at least week 2 of constant hunger. I've talked to my wellness coach about it (don't judge me, its a work benefit lol) and she said it's just because the babies need more nutrients. So if you are hungry.. eat. But for the love of god i'm sick of eating hahaha
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Saw the doc today and he mentioned that I would start to have those hunger cravings like you mentioned Kristen. BUT...even though I've only gained 14 lbs (week 24), he wants me to go on a diet. That's depressing. I thought I was doing really good, granted I haven't been logging for the last several weeks. Well, guess I better start at it again.

Glucose test in 5 weeks. Have the new tropical punch flavor. I heard it was better, but we'll see.

I wasn't going to do a gift for my 2yo. Right now he thinks he has a baby in his tummy too, so he may still be a bit young for the gift thing.
  • KristenE83
    @RosieRaz My doctor said a similar thing about not gaining too much.. not necessarily a diet but just a "watch the gain" warning. I'm up 30 lbs (23 weeks w/ twins) which does seem like a lot. I've decided to change my strategy though. I'm going to try to go "plant based". Not vegan or vegetarian, just beef up the fruits and veggies a lot. That way I can eat if I need to eat, but I won't be filling up on junk. I've found that if I don't readily have handy fruit/veg snacks handy I grab whatever is within reach. Go check out my log.. its open to my friends and it's scary sometimes lol BUT I'm slowly modifying my food to really transition to a plant based diet and I think it will really help.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Kristen, that's the way I started my weight loss program before I joined MFP. I wasn't counting calories or restricting anything, but I made a rule that every meal or snack had to include vegetables, even breakfast! And salsa did not count as a vegetable. :) It worked to help me take off about 5 pounds without any other changes.

I should really be better about enforcing that rule now. Today so far I've eaten an egg, an English muffin, and a sandwich with turkey and bacon. The only vegetable so far is a sliced pickle! Terrible!
  • helenmelon29
    Hi

I'm the opposite with hungry. And finding I don't want too much (I'm having plenty mind!) today I had banana, berry and apple smoothie plus piece toast for breakie. Peach & Pear mid morning. Then veg chilli for lunch ( made me a bit hot!). I did have some chocolate munchies this afternoon. Then cheese omelette for tea.
    I'm trying to eat small portions as uncomfortable if have a big meal. I'm still gaining tho!!

I'm also trying to snack more on fruit and veg and not junk!

Rosie- doesn't sound like you gained too much.

Helen x