blitzbis Posts: 366 Member
    blitzbis wrote: »
    Today i will
    Eat within my calories
    mow more
    exercise at work
    get all my water in
    LOG LOG LOG my food
    Well, I didn't exercise at work, but I did do my "work exercise" after I got done mowing. Woo hoo. All other goals met. AND thankfully the dreaded chocolate pie is gone a the house so there are no more temptations there.
    Today I will-
    Exercise at the gym in the hospital
    Log all my food (my coworkers and I are celebrating the end of our exercise challenge this evening)
    Get in my goal steps of 8000
    Get in all my water.
  • blitzbis
    Today i will
    Eat within my calories
    mow more
    exercise at work
    get all my water in
    LOG LOG LOG my food
    Well, I didn't exercise at work, but I did do my "work exercise" after I got done mowing. Woo hoo. All other goals met. AND thankfully the dreaded chocolate pie is gone a the house so there are no more temptations there.
    Today I will-
    Exercise at the gym in the hospital
    Log all my food (my coworkers and I are celebrating the end of our exercise challenge this evening)
    Get in my goal steps of 8000
    Get in all my water.
    Well, I didn't go out with my coworkers due to family crisis (not my family crisis)
    So i didn't eat as poorly as I originally thought I might.
    I did exercise at the hospital
    I did get all my water in and I logged all my foods.

Today I will
    Exercise at the office
    get in all my 8000 steps
    log all my foods
    drink all my water
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited July 2015
    Today I will:

Drink my water and herbal tea
    Take my supplements
    Do my yoga (DONE)
    Take a nap
    Play disc golf with hubby after work for my cardio

(I'm post menopausal and suffer from insomnia many nights, so afternoon naps are sometimes the best sleep I get!)
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    great job @blitzbis for meeting your goals! Kudos! :)

and @RaeBeeBaby I can only imagine how wonderful a nap must feel!!! I work so much sometimes, I wish I could squeeze a nap in between, but I'm never that lucky!

Today I will:

-Stay under calorie goal (No added "treats" but healthier snacks-Greek yogurt, granola, etc.)
    -LOG EVERYTHING.
    -Finish challenges for GOT group! MUST COMPLETE A MINIMUM OF 65min Strength today!!!
    -Drink 64oz water
    -Yoga-Minimum 20mins
    -Walk-20mins(depending on how I'm feeling after strength/yoga)
    -Try not to let work/life get me crazy today!
  • blitzbis
    Time to get back on track. I do so well during the week and though I don't do as poorly as I used to on weekends, it's still difficult to eat appropriately. But I logged everything so that makes me feel a bit better.
    Today I will
    Exercise at work
    get in all my steps
    log all foods
    eat only foods I have brought to the office
    Maintain control of snacking at home.

Our grass is dying so I don't have my 45 minutes of mowing to do every night anymore.
  • Myweightlossdiary
    Myweightlossdiary Posts: 185 Member
    Today I will

Not let school get in the way of my exercise goals
    Kick my butt again with Jillian (day 3!)
    Get in more steps by helping my man who's managed to injure his meniscus (he's stubborn - lol)
    Drink at least 5 cups of water at work (it's a 12 or 16 oz bottle - I don't remember)
    Mentally prepare myself to stay focused on both work and school!

@blitzbis It's so hot over here there's a lot of people's grass dying because of city ordinances not allowing sprinklers but on certain days of the week at certain times. I hope it gets back to looking pretty and green soon! :smile:

@chubbard9 I'm sorry but your comment "-Try not to let work/life get me crazy today!" cracks me up! I just thought I'd share. Haha :smile:
  • chubbard9
    Today I will

Not let school get in the way of my exercise goals
    Kick my butt again with Jillian (day 3!)
    Get in more steps by helping my man who's managed to injure his meniscus (he's stubborn - lol)
    Drink at least 5 cups of water at work (it's a 12 or 16 oz bottle - I don't remember)
    Mentally prepare myself to stay focused on both work and school!

@blitzbis It's so hot over here there's a lot of people's grass dying because of city ordinances not allowing sprinklers but on certain days of the week at certain times. I hope it gets back to looking pretty and green soon! :smile:

@chubbard9 I'm sorry but your comment "-Try not to let work/life get me crazy today!" cracks me up! I just thought I'd share. Haha :smile:

LOL, I really have been going insane at work lately though!!! I had the RUDEST customers call and complain about me to corporate on Thursday night. I told my coworker that if I got a write up, I was quitting, because I was following CORPORATE's policy!!! Smh. I wasn't even rude. If I had the guts, I would have walked out right there, and not dealt with it... So yes, that was a very-much-needed "Today I will"!

Love your goals today! And @blitzbis - great goals for today! I had to purchase "new" snacks-my new favorite yogurt! I have been munching here/there A LOT lately, so I'm trying to refocus and get back on track!!!

Today I will:
    -30/40mins Yoga
    -20 Mins strength(minimum)
    -45mins walk (minimum)
    -Stay under calorie goal
    -64oz water
    -1 Hershey kiss(TOO MANY LAST WEEK!!!)
  • Myweightlossdiary
    @chubbard9 Enjoy that hershey!! I'm sorry for the rude customers. I'm so glad I work at a university when the "rudest" customers are students who are upset at the way their professors graded them on some assignment. I used to work for an insurance company a long long time ago (lasted like 2 months before I quit - I was 18 or so) in their customer center and boy, the things people said over the phone were just mind blowing! To this day, that experience has taught me to be really careful on my tone of voice and the words I say when calling a customer center. It's NOT the person's fault for why whatever problem happened. Chances are, people are much more willing to work with someone who's calm and collected than ranting and raving. Yes, you could say the squeaky wheel always get the oil but it also gets you noticed as the top worse customer to deal with. I knew someone like that who I dreaded so much. I dislike dealing with people who complain just to complain. So many people attempt to ruin other people's days just by their sore attitude, but I want to do the opposite!

That reminds me of a story when I called one of my credit card companies about being double charged. I calmly described the situation and the lady was very polite. My account was hit hard but thankfully I had enough money so I didn't incur any extra fees. The lady mentioned near the end of the call that she was surprised at my demeanor because anyone else would be been yelling and screaming at her. I told her I knew it was not her fault and I figured it was some kind of computer error. Why get upset? I just wanted to get the problem fixed and why should I put her in a bad mood in the process? She thanked me for that and told me about how her day had been before she called. I know nowadays they have a script to follow and this lady probably would be fired for saying this out of script, but I must say I appreciated her for sharing. I also kept this credit card for years and still have it because of the way I was treated - in part by this lady. :smile:
  • chubbard9
    @chubbard9 Enjoy that hershey!! I'm sorry for the rude customers. I'm so glad I work at a university when the "rudest" customers are students who are upset at the way their professors graded them on some assignment. I used to work for an insurance company a long long time ago (lasted like 2 months before I quit - I was 18 or so) in their customer center and boy, the things people said over the phone were just mind blowing! To this day, that experience has taught me to be really careful on my tone of voice and the words I say when calling a customer center. It's NOT the person's fault for why whatever problem happened. Chances are, people are much more willing to work with someone who's calm and collected than ranting and raving. Yes, you could say the squeaky wheel always get the oil but it also gets you noticed as the top worse customer to deal with. I knew someone like that who I dreaded so much. I dislike dealing with people who complain just to complain. So many people attempt to ruin other people's days just by their sore attitude, but I want to do the opposite!

That reminds me of a story when I called one of my credit card companies about being double charged. I calmly described the situation and the lady was very polite. My account was hit hard but thankfully I had enough money so I didn't incur any extra fees. The lady mentioned near the end of the call that she was surprised at my demeanor because anyone else would be been yelling and screaming at her. I told her I knew it was not her fault and I figured it was some kind of computer error. Why get upset? I just wanted to get the problem fixed and why should I put her in a bad mood in the process? She thanked me for that and told me about how her day had been before she called. I know nowadays they have a script to follow and this lady probably would be fired for saying this out of script, but I must say I appreciated her for sharing. I also kept this credit card for years and still have it because of the way I was treated - in part by this lady. :smile:

Thank you for sharing! I was just flabbergasted at her attitude... And the crazy thing is that it was an item I had put on hold for a customer from another location, about 15minutes prior to her requesting the item... Because it was on hold, I could not offer the item to her, but offered to find it for her in another location... Her and her son were just outright rude-did not care that somebody had already started on their way to get it, and I called my manager up, my manager sided with me because I could not promise a paying customer an item, and then give it away... It was bonkers-she wanted to prove that because she was buying $10 worth of stuff, she was entitled to the item and to tell the other customer(who was driving over an hour to get to my store) "oh well, someone else bought it!"... She said I was rude, refused her service(she threw her stuff at me when she didn't get what she wanted), and she stormed out with our corporate number... I honestly was so nice to her, and she was just the rudest b**** and on the inside, I was glad I didn't "cave" to her wishes, because I didn't think it was right in any sense!!!
    I totally agree with you-there are some places I continue to shop regularly just because of the service they provide! Even if they are a little more expensive, I take it because it's worth it!!! I just can't see being outright rude to someone that is purely only doing their job! I have only jumped down guys throat one time, when my cell phone was having technical problems, they connected me to a guy that was telling me that my cell wasn't working, because I wasn't using it at home... Like NO, you are an idiot if you think people use their cell phones at their houses ONLY! I demanded a different tech, and he had the problem fixed within a minute!!! It was absolutely terrible though!!!

Enough ranting and raving. I just did my yoga, and it's going to put me off for the day if I keep going on! I will do another 20min round of yoga earlier(boy do I need to work on my flexibility!!!)
  • Myweightlossdiary
    @chubbard9 You are much stronger than I would have been! I love how you use that energy and momentum to help you reach your exercise goals. Also think of it this way, all these bad experiences teach you life lessons on how not to act. That's how I look at ex-boyfriends too. Haha! I've been cheated on twice (once with my best friend). I think it was because of my weight although I'm not 100% sure. Still, we both got this! Let's focus on the positive and do this together! :smile:
  • chubbard9
    @chubbard9 You are much stronger than I would have been! I love how you use that energy and momentum to help you reach your exercise goals. Also think of it this way, all these bad experiences teach you life lessons on how not to act. That's how I look at ex-boyfriends too. Haha! I've been cheated on twice (once with my best friend). I think it was because of my weight although I'm not 100% sure. Still, we both got this! Let's focus on the positive and do this together! :smile:

If somebody cheated on you because of your weight that is a totally selfish thing for them to do! I have been cheated on in the past, mainly because I chose the "wrong ones" and they always chose somebody bigger than me, or some with no personality whatsoever... Maybe just a need for "change" and they're not man enough to admit it to you beforehand!

Because, honestly, weight is the dumbest reason to cheat on someone for... It happens, but it doesn't need to... And honestly if weight was a problem, I doubt whoever it was would've gotten with you in the first place? Just my train of thought. If somebody was unappealing to me, or I couldn't be attracted to them, I wouldn't waste their time by being in a relationship and cheating!!! I'm sorry, but I hate when men cheat on women... Or even when women cheat on men!!! It's absolutely ridiculous!

We do! Let's go girl! :)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Today I will:
    Take my supplements
    Do at least 20 mins of exercise in all areas of the GoT challenge (cardio, strength, flex)

@chubbard9 - I'm only working from home these days. I left a very stressful job last September and now I am self-employed. It's nice to take a break anytime I choose and I love my little afternoon naps! (Before I quit working, I would sometimes go to my car in the parking garage, set my phone alarm for 15 minutes, and take a little snooze.)
  • chubbard9
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Today I will:
    Take my supplements
    Do at least 20 mins of exercise in all areas of the GoT challenge (cardio, strength, flex)

@chubbard9 - I'm only working from home these days. I left a very stressful job last September and now I am self-employed. It's nice to take a break anytime I choose and I love my little afternoon naps! (Before I quit working, I would sometimes go to my car in the parking garage, set my phone alarm for 15 minutes, and take a little snooze.)

I wish I had a job that I could work from home with!!! At both jobs, I'm constantly interacting with people, and sometimes it is too much!!!

I'm on the same boat as you with the GOT challenge today! I will get it all done :) And not rush at the end of the week this time!

Happy Monday!(enjoy your snooze!!!)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Just reading about your ladies' customer service experiences brought back a lot of memories for me.

I can sympathize as I have had some of the WORST jobs ever. One of my first jobs out of college was working as a Revenue Agent for the state public assistance program. My job was to collect money for welfare and food stamp overpayments, to set up payment plans, and to file legal action against them if they didn't pay. It was completely horrible. First of all, those people have no money to begin with and only got an overpayment because they tried to work (under the table usually) and didn't report it. We would confiscate tax refunds for repayment even if they were making payments. I can't tell you how many times I heard "my child won't have a birthday party because of you" or something similar. People would either be screaming or crying. I was called every name in the book, verbally threatened many times, and nearly attacked in my office. They used to let "customers" come to our desks until this enormous guy almost punched me in the face! My manager came to the rescue and then they changed their policy about one-on-one contact. I did that job for almost 3 years and nearly had a nervous breakdown!

Years later I got a huge promotion as the Grievance Coordinator for the state child support program. It was such a big raise, I thought I could handle it. I dealt with all the worst problem cases and complaints. I would answer anywhere from 40-50 calls a day and most of them were not nice. We were dealing with very volatile issues - money and children. I was also threatened many times and we'd have to call the State Police. One time a guy came to the office with a gun and we ended up hiding under our desks. I also had a guy threaten to commit suicide while on the phone with me. I always tried to rationalize with them, but if they became abusive or used profanity I was allowed to terminate the call. Sometimes they'd call back 5-6-7 times before they'd finally calm down. I lasted about 2 years at that job before I had an opportunity to transfer to another department. When I left they hired FIVE new people to support the program! FIVE!!!!

So, you can see why I'm very happy to be self-employed and not have to deal with that kind of shenanigans anymore!! Plus, I can do yoga or take a nap whenever I feel like it!! :)

• chubbard9
    Just reading about your ladies' customer service experiences brought back a lot of memories for me.

I can sympathize as I have had some of the WORST jobs ever. One of my first jobs out of college was working as a Revenue Agent for the state public assistance program. My job was to collect money for welfare and food stamp overpayments, to set up payment plans, and to file legal action against them if they didn't pay. It was completely horrible. First of all, those people have no money to begin with and only got an overpayment because they tried to work (under the table usually) and didn't report it. We would confiscate tax refunds for repayment even if they were making payments. I can't tell you how many times I heard "my child won't have a birthday party because of you" or something similar. People would either be screaming or crying. I was called every name in the book, verbally threatened many times, and nearly attacked in my office. They used to let "customers" come to our desks until this enormous guy almost punched me in the face! My manager came to the rescue and then they changed their policy about one-on-one contact. I did that job for almost 3 years and nearly had a nervous breakdown!

Years later I got a huge promotion as the Grievance Coordinator for the state child support program. It was such a big raise, I thought I could handle it. I dealt with all the worst problem cases and complaints. I would answer anywhere from 40-50 calls a day and most of them were not nice. We were dealing with very volatile issues - money and children. I was also threatened many times and we'd have to call the State Police. One time a guy came to the office with a gun and we ended up hiding under our desks. I also had a guy threaten to commit suicide while on the phone with me. I always tried to rationalize with them, but if they became abusive or used profanity I was allowed to terminate the call. Sometimes they'd call back 5-6-7 times before they'd finally calm down. I lasted about 2 years at that job before I had an opportunity to transfer to another department. When I left they hired FIVE new people to support the program! FIVE!!!!

So, you can see why I'm very happy to be self-employed and not have to deal with that kind of shenanigans anymore!! Plus, I can do yoga or take a nap whenever I feel like it!! :)

Oh my god! That is absolutely frightening! I don't think I have it in me to do a job like that! I would quit on the spot! Kudos to you for having the guts to do that!!! If you don't mind me asking, what do you do, as you are self-employed!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    chubbard9 wrote: »

Oh my god! That is absolutely frightening! I don't think I have it in me to do a job like that! I would quit on the spot! Kudos to you for having the guts to do that!!! If you don't mind me asking, what do you do, as you are self-employed!

I know! It was frightening, but it paid the bills and the benefits were great, especially the health insurance. I had young children at home and my husband didn't have health insurance at his work at all. Things got much better after I left the child support job. I worked for the state nearly 34 years and was just ready to get out. My hubby now works for a company with health insurance and, even though it's not great coverage, at least we have some!

I sell things on ebay and craigslist. I've done it as a hobby for the past 10+ years and you can actually make good money doing this. I used to do it for a few weeks here and there if I needed Christmas money or whatnot. After I left my job last fall I started out selling a lot of my work clothes and shoes and just extra junk around the house. Sometimes family and friends give me their cast-offs instead of taking them to charity. I also go to garage sales, church rummage sales and thrift stores and try to find good quality name brands and unique items for resale. My best sale so far was a sweater I bought at a g-sale for 50 cents. I listed it for $5.00 and it sold for $45.00!! Of course not every sale is that sweet, but once in awhile! It's fun and I only have to work as hard as I feel like. I'm thinking about what I can sell on Etsy as well, but have not listed anything there yet. Etsy is more specific to handmade items and vintage.

• chubbard9
    chubbard9 wrote: »

I know! It was frightening, but it paid the bills and the benefits were great, especially the health insurance. I had young children at home and my husband didn't have health insurance at his work at all. Things got much better after I left the child support job. I worked for the state nearly 34 years and was just ready to get out. My hubby now works for a company with health insurance and, even though it's not great coverage, at least we have some!

I sell things on ebay and craigslist. I've done it as a hobby for the past 10+ years and you can actually make good money doing this. I used to do it for a few weeks here and there if I needed Christmas money or whatnot. After I left my job last fall I started out selling a lot of my work clothes and shoes and just extra junk around the house. Sometimes family and friends give me their cast-offs instead of taking them to charity. I also go to garage sales, church rummage sales and thrift stores and try to find good quality name brands and unique items for resale. My best sale so far was a sweater I bought at a g-sale for 50 cents. I listed it for $5.00 and it sold for $45.00!! Of course not every sale is that sweet, but once in awhile! It's fun and I only have to work as hard as I feel like. I'm thinking about what I can sell on Etsy as well, but have not listed anything there yet. Etsy is more specific to handmade items and vintage.

Sorry for the late reply! I read this last night, but I was too exhausted to respond lol! I could never imagine working for the state-my Mother-in-law is a DCF(department of child services) worker and can only say that most state jobs are as rough as they sound!!! I wouldn't be able to do it(I'm already short on patience as it is!!!) Kudos for sticking with it for 34 years! That's insane!!!

And that is AWESOME!!! I used to do ebay/amazon off-on for a while, but I never made much doing that! Glad that you have pretty good luck on it! And my coworker buys off Etsy ALL the time!
  • blitzbis
    Wow. That's all I have is....WOW.
    I have a cushy job compared to you guys. I manage a counseling program for geriatric patients. My worst nightmare is if a facility gets mad at us or a van goes down (we provide transportation also).
    Even when I was waiting tables, I didn't have that kind of nonsense.
  • Myweightlossdiary
    Wow. That's all I have is....WOW.
    I have a cushy job compared to you guys. I manage a counseling program for geriatric patients. My worst nightmare is if a facility gets mad at us or a van goes down (we provide transportation also).
    Even when I was waiting tables, I didn't have that kind of nonsense.

Me too, I work as an accountant for a large university of almost 50,000 students. The worse I deal with is students upset about their grades. I could not imagine 34 years in such a nightmarish job! I did work for in a public school office in the payroll department and found it to be such a toxic environment that I ended up quitting. It was either that or check myself into a mental institution! It was affecting my entire life and the things I was supposed to do (or not do) would blow your mind. I did whistleblow when I left though. That was sweet revenge but I could never work for them again. @RaeBeeBaby are you sure you're not super human? :wink:
  • blitzbis
    My today I will is becoming repetitive however, I totally avoided my "today I will" and did a lot of yesterday I shouldn't have. But today is a new day.

I will NOT eat food that is not on my healthy list
    I will track all food
    I will mow mother in law's front yard
    Fingers crossed and feeling dedicated (at this moment)