Like Minded Lushes - July 2015

Options

Replies

• bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    It is so strange...especially considering her age! My vet said it is rare that he ever sees that in puppies so young. But be that as it may, we will obviously do everything we can for her! Doesn't make us love her any less...she is our little sweet puppy!

Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    OH Bridget....so sorry!!! My parent's first Rottweiler had it at a young age too, I think she was diagnosed before age 1. After two hip surgeries, she was good to go and lived a nice long happy life. I know Gemma will do that same :kissing_heart:

We are having a heat wave in PA too. Friday-Monday topped off around 95. Saturday we went for a hike...nothing too crazy, only 3 miles, it was HOT!!! We were supposed to go kayaking but decided to postpone it because we didn't want to fry on the water....it can be dangerous stuff!!!

Saturday-1 flight and 1 beer at lunch, 2 margaritas and 1 vodka cocktail back at the house. 5 ain't bad for a Saturday.
    Sunday-7 beers
    Monday-??? I'm up for one and if Len has something, so will I!!!
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Just heard back from the vet & the K-State surgeon basically said the same thing my vet did, either manage with pain meds or surgery. However, my vet recommends we do surgery sooner rather than later, especially considering that it is so bad and she is at such a young age. So, he is going to find out the cost of the surgery & if they have a payment plan....otherwise, my hubby & I are seriously considering setting up a GoFundMe account!

Anyway...my plan of a 0 tonight is gone. I will be having some beers.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Bridget, I'd be having beers too. Things will work out...try not to stress too much xo

Monday-2 vodka sodas
    Tuesday-I'm gonna try for a zero.....
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hugs Bridget.

Monday - a 312
    I was grilling turkey brats and zucchini....so......

And I've changed my goal to 16 drinks a week straight up. No day restrictions, etc. So I can have 2 a day or 16 in one day. :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Hang in there bridget.
    I had 2 glasses of wine. Mammogram this morning...I'm more worried about shoulder pain than boobie pain. :o
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    What's up lushes!?
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Heya zip....where ya been?
  • elenagking
    elenagking Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just found this group last night and had to invite my partner in crime, the pickled ginger. You are our people! Lol

We drank two bottles of wine on Sunday for sushi night. None last night, but going to likely have a bottle tonight. Had a glass and a half before supper and going to have the rest as I watch netflix.

I made it to the gym again to get my Summer Sizzle card punched. I actually ran for almost half of it!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Hi elenagking!!! Welcome!!! Great group of peeps here!!!!!!

Monday-2 vodka sodas
    Tuesday-2 corona lights and 1 vodka tonic
    Wednesday-probably more of the same...cause I'm grillin' :bigsmile:

• SoCalWoman
    Options
    Welcome elenagking!

I had a bottle of wine last night. Much needed after a long day with doctors. I feel ok this morning. The son has decided he needs to workout this summer so our goal is to hit the gym together 3 times/week at least. We went on Monday...going again today. It helps to have a buddy to motivate me.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Sure does Syd!!!! I am thankful Lenny works out with me!!!
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Welcome elenagking!! This group is wonderful :)

Had a 0 last night. Will have another 0 tonight.

Glad you have a workout buddy, Syd!! You too, Kate! I'd love it if my hubs and I were on the same schedule and could work out together!
  • elenagking
    elenagking Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was going to take tonight off, but then we took my dad to the er and he was eventually life flighted to the regional hospital and is now in the icu.

I have had one of my parents in the hospital or nursing home for all but 3 months in the past fifteen. We justhad 2 months when they were both at home, happy, independent, and doing well.

I was going to take tonight off. His birthday was yesterday. I had four glasses of wine and stopped, trying to take NAC and drink a glass of water in-between.

I ate a beef stick, a snack size of for ixed nuts, and an order of mexi fries with cheese today. I'm drinking a lot of water tonight and hope to run tomorrow before I go back to the hospital. It helps.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Oh no, elena....that is such a shame. I am so sorry to hear about your parents. Warm fuzzy lushy wishes :heart:

Monday-2 vodka sodas
    Tuesday-2 coronas and a vodka tonic
    Wednesday-2 coronas and 3 vodka sodas :noway:

My numbers definitely increase throughout the week, huh :wink:

Tonight, we are taking the in laws out for dinner to thank them for forgiving some of Lenny's college debit. Definitely some wine...maybe a cocktail!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey lushes. I've been moderating, but drinking each night.

Monday - 1 312
    Tuesday - 2 dirty martinis
    Wednesday - 2 glasses of wine in the afternoon (stopped drinking :smile: ) then had a beer around 6:00, a cocktail, and another beer at the neighbors'. We left their house around 10:40 which is pretty much a great success.

Total is 8 for the week. I have 8 drinks left for the week. So tonight will be a 0. I can do it!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Welcome, elena!
    I haven't been as good as I hoped...
    Sunday=0
    Monday=1 glass of wine
    Tuesday=3 glasses of wine
    Wednesday=0
    Tonight we go to Red Rocks and I will be having some drinks...
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    caretaking for parents is rough elena...hang in there!
    had a decent day yesterday..2 glasses of wine and some exercise . Shooting for something similar today. Still hanging on to the 2 lbs I put on over the weekend. I usually manage to get it off by Friday...this weekend is quiet (yay!) so I'm hoping I can keep it off into next week and then some.
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Sunday - 0
    Monday - 4 beers
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - planning a 0...unless the hubs was an angel and bought me wine, in which case..I will drink it!

It is sooooooo hot here. I planned on going to the gym, but now I don't know. I may just go home instead. I hate the hot.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Happy National Tequila Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night I had a beer, 2 cocktails and a glass of port.....great dinner!!!
    Tonight-TEQUILA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

Not a whole lot planned for the weekend. Making a melomel tomorrow. For the last couple of weeks we have been collecting wild blackberries, black raspberries and wine berries out back and around the neighborhood to add to it...should be yummy!!!
    We are going to try and get a hike in sometime this weekend and possibly go see Ant Man..other than that...not much!!!

Enjoy your weekend everyone!!!!