New members - tell us about yourself

Options

Replies

• sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ginny. I have lost 96 pounds on MFP in the last year and have 64 more to go. My husband lost 45 pounds two years ago on MFP and has been my main support. He still logs everything on maintenance. I look forward to chatting with you all
  • MamaJubleez
    MamaJubleez Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I decided to start my journey today. Was inspired by my daughter who has a recent success with Medifast. I cant afford that so here I am! I hope to get the support i need from this app, and especially from this group. Have had a weight problem most of my life. But my concern is my health, now that i am getting older. I suffer from migraine, chronic fatique, insomnia, allergies, and intermittent muscle weakness and a history of breast cancer. I know this will give me a life back that i havent had in a long time. It is now the time to take charge and make a change.
  • MHTret
    MHTret Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, everybody, and welcome! There is great support here with humor and positive thoughts -- it really is helping me and I hope it will you, too! Great weekend to all!
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 53 and this is my second time around on MFP. I first joined in 2012 and lost 36 lbs and felt great. Then life happened and I have gained it ALL back. This time I'm here for good!! I've already lost 13 lbs. logging food and walking, 6 days a week, with some strength training when I do DVDs. I've got 55 more to go and a lifetime of maintenance!

nice to have you with us.. you have done amazing losing 13lbs so far. well done xx
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ginny. I have lost 96 pounds on MFP in the last year and have 64 more to go. My husband lost 45 pounds two years ago on MFP and has been my main support. He still logs everything on maintenance. I look forward to chatting with you all

lovely to have you in our group Ginny/.. awesome weight loss xx
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Hi! I decided to start my journey today. Was inspired by my daughter who has a recent success with Medifast. I cant afford that so here I am! I hope to get the support i need from this app, and especially from this group. Have had a weight problem most of my life. But my concern is my health, now that i am getting older. I suffer from migraine, chronic fatique, insomnia, allergies, and intermittent muscle weakness and a history of breast cancer. I know this will give me a life back that i havent had in a long time. It is now the time to take charge and make a change.

Great to have you in the group. You will definitely get the needed support form all of us here xx
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! This is truly a lifestyle change and not a diet. Once I figured that out I was successful. This can be done.
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    BBee5064 wrote: »

lovely to have you in our group Ginny/.. awesome weight loss xx

Thank you for the welcome. :)
  • LilacRose60
    LilacRose60 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I turn 60 years old in a little over a week, I had set a goal at the new year to loose 60 lbs by my birthday. Did not reach it, not by a long shot. I decided to get back on track, I am using my VivoFit, and MFP. And right now the only goal that matters is that 1lb a week weight loss. I would really like to be part of the group, I could use motivation and would love to give motivation to others.
  • marekdds
    Options
    LilacRose60, welcome and don't worry you didn't meet that goal. You are still here and working on it. As they say, the only failure is in quitting. You can do this.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Hi, I turn 60 years old in a little over a week, I had set a goal at the new year to loose 60 lbs by my birthday. Did not reach it, not by a long shot. I decided to get back on track, I am using my VivoFit, and MFP. And right now the only goal that matters is that 1lb a week weight loss. I would really like to be part of the group, I could use motivation and would love to give motivation to others.

Its a slow journey when we are trying to lose weight. The slower we lose it the longer it will stay off. You are back on track & ready to go. 1lb a week here we go :)
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Welcome. It always takes more time than we think!
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I turned 50 in June. Married with two grown daughters, 20 & 22. I have done WW a few times over the years and have mostly kept my weight in check, never getting too far out of line. I'm not a lean person by build so I can comfortably carry some extra fluff. I spent most of my 30's and 40's weighing in the 150's. At Christmas, I was up to 168lbs though (I'm 5'4") and thought it was time to bring it back down so I thought "I'll weigh 150 by 50!". Catchy phrase, right? Six months for 18 pounds, I can do that! Well, it didn't quite work. Lots of hours at work, a college graduation and some definite plateaus of effort on my part and I got to my birthday at about 159. Not bad, really, but I decided to buckle down some more after bouncing up and down a few pounds. Boy does it come off slowly! I'm kind of stuck at 156ish right now but I'm just keeping with the routine and seeing what happens. I won't stick with it if I cut calories too far back so I have to accept the slower pace.

I swim three days a week for an hour and do some light weights and core exercises at home a few more days. I have never stopped exercising in all my adult life, so it really is about diet for me. Tomorrow, though, I am meeting with a personal trainer to try and mix up my workouts some and maybe tone up some of the fluff. For me anyway, the nicer part about this age is the ability to spend more time on myself.

Good luck everyone, there are some great stories here! I make sure I read Success Stories every day!

~Melissa
  • marekdds
    Options
    Welcome Melissa! You have a great attitude!
  • pennell12
    pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Happy to be here :) I am 64- though very young at heart. I just came back to MFP after a hiatus of a couple of years. I ma married and have two "furchildren" Sassy and Thumper and lots of neices and a few nephews as well as 4 Great Nieces under age 10 and a Great nephew due in the fall.

I am Type 2 Diabetic and am struggling to get back on track through low carb diet and ramping up exercise.

Thanks!
  • pennell12
    pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    marygeeNY wrote: »
    -Hi Bill and BB and all other members.
    -My name is Mary, I'm 63 years old and live in MA. One daughter, one granddaughter.
    -Stopped working about two years ago--I was so obese i could not walk, developed heart disease, and had a lot of anxiety and depression.

-I had Weight Loss Surgery last May. My highest weight was 380, at the time of surgery I was down to 324 on my surgery date, and now weigh in at 240. Goal weight is 150.

-I was doing great until December or so....then I added low carb breads, and that seemed to open the door to new cravings.
    -I have just eliminated the breads, started therapy, and got a recumbent bike to get some exercise in.

-WLS has changed my life -- I've got to stick with my program to reach goal, then get on maintenance.

-I hope to get to know all you folks here, and contribute to the board!!

Hi Mary,

I am also from MA. Glad to hear your WLS worked well. I have thought about it off and on but decided to try again the "old fashioned way." Its not easy though!

• BBee5064
    Options
    welcome to our latest members. We are so happy to have you with us xx
  • islandgirl3333
    islandgirl3333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello

My name is Anne and I am 57. Wait 57 how did that happen! I have 3 daughters and 4 grandchildren and a wonderful husband who has always supported me no matter what my weight is. I am only 5 feet tall so a few pounds makes a huge difference. I have lost 29 pounds and have been fighting for the last ten for over 7 months. Happy to be where I am but would sure like to finally reach my goal. We are heading to Italy for a month in just under 6 weeks. Hoping to loose a few pounds before we go.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Welcome, everyone!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Hello from Horse Country, Florida (Ocala for the non-equestrians in the group). I'm Tina, a single mother of a 20 year old college student who is the joy of my life, and caretaker to my 79-year-old mother, who lives on my farm with me. I have two horses and two rescue dogs. I've been on MFP for 565 days, lost 19 of my 20 pound goal (that last pound is stubborn).
    I'll be hitting the big six-o this year, can I stay in the group then? :smile: