What food are you "crushing" on, now?

Options
JessicaLCHF
JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
Am I the only one who goes through weird phases where I love one certain food for a time period? It was spinach for a while but lately it's kielbasa. So yummy!

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Loco moco. Probably because I had some the other day and LOVED it. I plan to make some burgers with fried eggs tonight as a low-carb substitute.
  • JessicaLCHF
    edited July 2015
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    Loco moco. Probably because I had some the other day and LOVED it. I plan to make some burgers with fried eggs tonight as a low-carb substitute.

Never heard of that. What is it? Edit: nvm found it. Here's a lower carb version. http://filipaleo.tumblr.com/post/44603187539/paleolocomoco
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Green olives. By themselves, on salads, mixed with avocado, with cut up steak and olive oil...
  • m_puppy
    m_puppy Posts: 246 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Chop and fry bacon,
    Toss a bit of the bacon grease into another pan
    Quickly heat tomato chunks in the bacon grease with salt, pepper and basil
    Toss with the bacon
    Fry eggs on cast iron skillet but leave yolks runny
    Then put on top of the bacon/tomato mixture and mix runny yolk with the mixture
    Feel like you've gone to heaven
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    PB2

Put that stuff in protein shakes and it is yummy!!
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I do it too. I still have a crush on my boiled chicken but I will be participating in the August food challenge and might find a new love!
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Fairlife milk
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I think roast pork will be a new love. Also olives.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    sauteed green beans wrapped in prosciutto & put under the broiler to crisp
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Strawberries :blush: they have been perfect this year, but they have stalled my weight loss. Luckily, the season is just about over! I am suffering food boredom right now and it's not a good thing.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    m_puppy wrote: »
    Chop and fry bacon,
    Toss a bit of the bacon grease into another pan
    Quickly heat tomato chunks in the bacon grease with salt, pepper and basil
    Toss with the bacon
    Fry eggs on cast iron skillet but leave yolks runny
    Then put on top of the bacon/tomato mixture and mix runny yolk with the mixture
    Feel like you've gone to heaven

Yum!! So trying.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Chicken thighs and sugar snap peas. They're the perfect fatty, salty and sweet combination. <3 Runner up is tartar sauce made with Nathan's dill pickles.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Fairlife milk

Oh yeah

Love love love it!!!!

Now I can have protein shakes with mild and PB2

Chocolate protein, fairlife, PB2 and I have a peanut butter cup shake!!
  • britzen
    britzen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Philly cheesesteak omelette - my chickens, roast beef, grilled peppers, onions, shrooms and i rotate cheeses.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Fairlife milk

Oh yeah

Love love love it!!!!

OMG that sounds like heaven! Which protein powder do you use? I need to use up my old muscle milk stuff, but after that I'm looking for a lower carb alternative.
  • boohooboo
    boohooboo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    one rec for isopure zero carb protein powder. i have a tub of the vanilla, but i had the cookies and cream before. i think chocolate has 3 carbs per serving, but i have never tasted that so YMMV. caveat: i have always doctored up my protein drinks with cocoa powder. pb2, and other assorted things, so i have never had a problem with it.

http://smile.amazon.com/Natures-Best-Perfect-Isopure-Vanilla/dp/B000E95HP0/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1438122742&sr=1-1&keywords=isopure&pebp=1438122750956&perid=1YT95762FN6ESKRRRY5B
  • boohooboo
    boohooboo Posts: 51 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Fairlife milk

Oh yeah

Love love love it!!!!

OMG that sounds like heaven! Which protein powder do you use? I need to use up my old muscle milk stuff, but after that I'm looking for a lower carb alternative.

one rec for isopure zero carb protein powder. i have a tub of the vanilla, but i had the cookies and cream before. i think chocolate has 3 carbs per serving, but i have never tasted that so YMMV. caveat: i have always doctored up my protein drinks with cocoa powder. pb2, and other assorted things, so i have never had a problem with it.

apologies for the double post. no deletions for the wicked. ;-)
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I Breathe I'm Hungry's cream cheese pancakes w/o the stevia, but some added garlic powder and made into 2 large pancakes rather than 4 small; wrapped around sauteed asparagus, bacon and goat cheese.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I've fallen hard for Pork Scratchings. <3 In fact I've had to ban myself from buying any more because my love for them knows no bounds and those little babies have tooooo many calories to love freely :'(

And I looove HWC so so much, I'd bathe in it if I could. I try to save myself enough calories to have 2 tbsp whipped cream after my evening meal (often mixed with 1 tsp caramel, vanilla or chocolate whey protein powder to make a yummy moussey pudding). It's not very big and I'd always like more but I savour it and feel quite lucky to be able to finish my meal with a taste of rich, sweet, creamy dessert. Occasionally I'll just whip lemon/lime zest & a drop of liquid sucralose with the HWC for a citrus mousse, and rarely I'll make crustless keto_cheesecake using HWC, full-fat cream cheese & sugarfree jello. Mmmmm!

Slow-roasted pork belly is a new discovery... succulent meat, golden, crispy, juicy fat and salty, crunchy crackling. :*

Oooh and roasted Prime Rib of Beef with crisp fat & buttered wilted spinach. *drools*

What else? Hmm, I honestly look forward to my loaded coffee in the morning - espresso coffee, 3 raw eggs, 1 tsp pastured butter, 1 tsp MCT oil/ coconut oil, pinch cinnamon, pinch pure vanilla bean powder, very small dash of DaVinci sugarfree syrup (optional). It tastes lush and calories & macros are great for me. If you had more cals available you could add more butter/coconut oil or some HWC, but it's lovely as-is. I used to add protein powder instead of the eggs, but I prefer the nutrition & macros of whole eggs for breakfast (and I save my caramel protein powder for my post-workout shake mixed with HWC.. Love that too!).

Maybe I'm easy to please, but I think Keto foods are the tastiest, and since going Keto ive really begun to appreciate simple foods and their natural flavor, without the need for extravagant sauces or complicated recipes.

Even plain old bacon & eggs fried in butter never fails to put a big smile on my face. Yum! Now I'm hungry :#

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »

Et voila. Low-carb loco moco. Well, really a chili burger with egg, but I like it. :)

2pe2jrgqjs0h.jpg